Reviews for But I Die (Without You)
angeliena chapter 3 . 10/11/2013
Oh love it!
SiriCerasi chapter 3 . 7/6/2013
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I just. This is so sad. And. The parallel with Nathan making Audrey stay to what actually happened kind of killed me. And Audrey going through all of it without Nathan AGAIN MY POOR BABY. AND THEN THEY'RE BOTH GONE. AND EVERYTHING IS HAVEN AND EVERYTHING HURTS.

I love Cady. I love that Duke and Dwight take care of her. Ughhhhh plz to update )
heratulipsia chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
i really hope you update this! im really intrigued! can't wait for more!
SandraDeee chapter 3 . 3/6/2013
My mind is absolutely spinning! You've managed to create a Haven both familiar and unfamiliar, with shadows and light. Those things I love about the show-the character interaction, the overarching mystery-they're so spot on.

Let's start with Duke and Dwight. Oh. My. Goodness. I absolutely could picture this in my mind's eye as though watching the scenes unfold. The first you with Dwight going to the Gull, his discomfort evident, lured me in, right to Dwight's comment about wanting to enjoy his beer first. I had to grin at that. So clever in its Haven-ness. A bit later, when they discussed the Guard's concerns for Audrey and Nathan's daughter, I could feel the sense of determination in both men to keep her safe, as well as the underlying fear.

The Guard is such an enigma to me. Obviously, they know more than they share, but what are their origins and how can they be so certain that this child has unsettled the natural order? Everything that has happened so far has only prolonged the Troubles, albeit with a 27 year reprieve. If I were them, I'd be wondering if maybe a little upset was just what the doctor ordered. On the other hand, it's entirely human to be afraid of change, especially when the Guard would obviously see the alternative (likely) as a worst case scenario in which the Troubles never do go away.

My heart broke for Audrey. I can't even imagine the turmoil she's going through. Knowing Nathan went into the barn for her, knowing she won't be around to raise her child (again!...someone needs to cut this poor gal a break!). It was good to see Duke doing everything in his power to be a support system for her, right down to catering to her dietary needs (no eggs, thank you very much).

The sequence in which she found herself running in the barn was, truthfully, quite hellish. The loss, the desperation. I was glad she found Nathan there. But will they even know each other when they emerge? From the conversation Duke and Cady had, it doesn't seem as though they will know her if Duke's right.

And let me just say that I love this relationship that Cady has with her 'uncles.' So did Duke and Dwight raise her, or did another family? Duke's words to Cady as he tried to alleviate her worries over going away to school were so heartfelt and so Duke. If anyone can understand wanderlust and chasing dreams, I think Duke would.

Other random thoughts:

I like that Cady seems to have experienced/met her mom in some way while in a different plane of consciousness.

I don't remember if you mentioned this in an earlier chapter (sorry...it's been awhile since I read the previous ones), but where is James? Will we see him again?

Anyhow, as you can (hopefully) tell, I'm very interested in finding out what happens next. I love a story that makes me think and question and wonder.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us! I'm excited to read more when your next installment comes out. :)
MagPie003 chapter 3 . 3/2/2013
I love how you're exploring the connection between Audrey and her child. Is Cady an empath? It would be an interesting trouble to have. Looking forward to hearing more about this story line. :-)
n0thin-but-the-rain chapter 3 . 2/21/2013
I enjoyed this chapter. The Dwight and Duke interaction was fun (and the fact that Cady is a threat to the Guard) and Duke's care for Audrey even though he knows that she doesn't reciprocate his romantic love was beautiful. I'm facinated to know exactly how Audrey finally ended up in the Barn and whether the section with Audrey and Nathan is hallucination or reality. Duke as an uncle? Perfect. Looking forward to the next chapter.
lethe2011 chapter 3 . 2/17/2013
Looking forward to more! A very good story!
STforRK chapter 3 . 2/16/2013
So Cady is learning more about here parents and awaiting their return. Will Duke and Dwight's concerns before Cady's birth come to fruition or will the reunion with her parents be uneventful? Looking forward to more.
SandraDeee chapter 2 . 2/5/2013
This was an interesting juxtaposition of the situation Audrey faced in the season finale. On tv we saw Audrey go into the barn to save Nathan (moreso than the town, in my opinion), and here we had Nathan go into the barn to save Audrey and his unborn daughter.

You really have a way with details that absolutely paint word pictures.

Even little things like "the sound of her shoes creaking against the perfect sterile floors, which becomes a welcome distraction from the incessant throbbing in her head." I could hear those shoes in my head. And actually, I think my head may have hurt a little, too. Sympathy pains for Audrey, perhaps? LOL.

I'm really interested in learning about Audrey's time without Nathan, his time in the barn, and Cady, too. I'm glad her uncles (and I assume her dad, too) have told her about Audrey. It seems Cady has inherited something of her mother's intuition, as well.

I'm definitely looking forward to your next installment!
wibblywobblytimeywimeygirl13 chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
This is really good and I'm super curious now, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write more soon.
MagPie003 chapter 2 . 2/2/2013
Oh, wow. I didn't expect Nathan to go into the barn instead of Duke. Then again, it had to be "someone you love." Can't wait to hear more about Cady and the mom that's coming back. Post soon!
STforRK chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Didn't see this twist coming. Nathan ? Dwight and Duke helping with Audrey and Nathan's daughter. Looking forward to more.
STforRK chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Oh what good and interesting start. Cliff hanger first chapter, what a way to capture the audience.
n0thin-but-the-rain chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
This is an interesting twist. If I'm understanding correctly, Nathan never came out of the barn when Audrey entered...leaving Cady to be raised by Dwight and Duke. I'm glad that your fic bug continues to bite. good luck with your semester!
othiara chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
I can't wait to see what happens next! Nice job on this one.