Reviews for Star Trek as Myth: Gilgamesh and Enkidu vs Kirk and Spock
Very interesting parallels. I hope you got an A. ;)
Milton Perry chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Great essay. The beginning needs some refinement to become smooth-running. You got my remarks to your text in detail via PM. I keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully you earn the good marks that your essay deserves.
Milton Perry chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Just a first hint: the Gilgameh epos does not belong to the ancient Greek mythology. It dates back to 2.500 B. C. and represents the core of the Mesopotamian mythology, a civilization completely unrelated in both a geographic and an ethnic point of view to the ancient Greeks.
trekkie1701 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I got to learn something new! Never heard of gilgamesh and was very intrigued by the subject matter. I think this is great, the arguments are well balanced and I like how you ended this by reiterating what was mentioned at the beginning concerning Picard. I also like the idea that Star Trek is a mentioned as a modern version of the greek/ancient mythology, since most people don't acknowledge the deeper meaning behind a lot of the scripts/episodes. I really hope that you recieve high marks on this and thank you for posting.
Missy the Least chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I want to get something down fast, at least as a first impression.

Well written essay, you'll get the typos. Not too many of those.

When did you become English? "no bloody A, B, C or D"? Or were you quoting Scotty in his Next Generation cameo? Just kidding, I happened to like it, just remember your quotes if it's Scotty's line.

It might be just me, as I was rushing to read this, or perhaps I was just rushing too much for the text to sink in properly, but I think that you lost focus. I had to go back a re-read bits and pieces to make sure that I got the point that you were trying to make. Still, I wouldn't change anything until and unless a few more people have trouble following your path to its conclusion.

I will try to read it again this weekend if I can, just to see...

Otherwise, great job!