Reviews for Greatest Man I Never Knew
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Everyone together now... *awww!*

*Looks around*

Not going to get shot for a bit of awww-angst am I?

Nope. Well, then, good, I think... I mean, I liked it.

But that's not the best meter of 'good'.

I would like to say that 99.8% of songfics I hate with a flamer's hate for almost no reason. But I enjoyed this one.
Roruna chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
*cries* That was so sad... T-T Very moving.
Rosie Rubix chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Dis-organiser? NO idea, but I'll guess. That was sweet, and fluffy and a little bittersweetly sad. Pretty too.
Poor Sybil.
CallieMikey chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
This is very good. Though I didn't like Vimes dyin'...o well. And Sybil and Vimes /do/ talk, of course...can you find any?

(Please email me!)
Gaia Myles chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
-sniff- That was really sad, but it was also very very well written! Keep up the superb work!
Wystaen chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
oh my god, that was such a sweet story. awwwww. keep writing.
Rissa42 chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
*in tears* WHY DOES EVERY FIC I READ REMIND ME OF VEGETA? DAMN IT, I'M OBSESSED! Oh well... it only makes it all the better. Keep writin', Sora-chan.
Komikitty chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Ohmigosh! That was so sweet and sad! I loved it!

jessiCA8 chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
holy crap that was awesome! i like alot! i wish there were more Sam and Sybil stories...u shud write more of them! that was so sad but so very sweet. keep up the good work! :)*
Blood Cocoa chapter 1 . 8/19/2002
hmmm.. good and sweet and stuff, but it's so not Vimes. Sorry, but he's not the sort to write love letters, even less the sort to go out to a crime with no backup, fully knowing he won't be coming back. It's a cute story, but... I think you've just chosen the wrong characters to put in it.

The reason there are no vimes/sybil love fics is becasue a) they're not young spritley things like carrot and angua (so they get written about instead), b) they just don't HAVE a highly romantic relationship. Ok, they're married so that suggests some romance in there some where, but it's never been a huge part of the story and c) Vimes doesn't really beleive in love. As far as he's concerned it's "A dicey word for the over 40s". Love fics between vimes and sybil ust don't work. Possibly (this may sound crazy, I know) because they are a married couple.

sorry, I needed to explain that.

Typing on a laptop is manky. I'm using my dad's laptop while in Florida on vacation! (doesn't mean your getting any more bits of my fics though)
Indigo Ziona chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
AAAAAAAAAW! that was amazing! :D You captured all their characters just right, it was incredibly good.
MariettaTheKillerBee chapter 1 . 8/7/2002
Waaaah! Oh that is so sad! I love it! That was very very good. Perfect really. Can't think of any way to make it better.
VimesLady chapter 1 . 8/5/2002
(I will be calm. I will be gentle. Flaming is beneathe me.) Okay. Um, the Carrot/Angua gushy-mushy stuff I don't let upset me, because I don't understand those two anyway. But Please Do Not Try To Make Vimes Into A Romantic. Vimes does not go off to a crime scene knowing he's going to die, and taking time to write 'I love you', and then CRY about it. He's too much a copper to have his mind on anything but the crime and too bloodyminded to accept he's going to die. And that remark about having nothing left for anything else is an insult to Lady Sybil's character. I dunno. The song's nice (is it a song?). I'm guilt of writing both Vimes/Sybil and Vimes slash and even Vimes/Sybil in the *midst* of the slash, but Vimes fluff I just can't stomach.
Lily C chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
Ah...That's lovely, that is. I have been reading Pratchett for over twenty years and this is the closest anyone has come yet. It even beats Carpe Cervisa :) Sam DOES love Sybil and if the woman does not know it then she is sillier than I take her for. And I do not take her for silly atall, atall.
Twist chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
*sniffles* That's so nice . . . But . . . Why did Vimes go if he knew? Did he know there was going to be a murder or did he actually know he was going to die?

But it was very good. *sniffle*