Reviews for Everything I'm Not
Mimico Florido chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Usually I don't like songfics much, but I really liked this one.
The view on Ron is perfect, actually, he is more mature than his cartoon self.
The whole thing was "lighter" because you began with the healing process instead of going chronologically. This made the story more enjoyable as it would have been if we didn't know were it was going, or more specifically, where Ron was going.

Something that I think it's curious is that it's stated that Kim is the "perfect" one, but the only thing said about "Shego" is that she is better than Ron. I think this fits well with Ron view, because neither he or Kim think Shego is anything like "miss perfect".

When I first read it I thought it was weird for not saying anything about what happened between Shego and Kim, but now that I think about it, it makes much sense. First, it follows the song in the concept that it doesn't say anything about having the girl, only about the attraction. This makes me think what would have happened if Shego didn't seen to like Kim. Shego's feelings are the catalysts of Kim's doubts here. I wonder if Kim still would look the same way to Shego if things were different. Would Ron have a chance? Maybe Kim would still be with him, without liking him, making them both sad without knowing why. For me, even without this other person, things still wouldn't work out, because Kim still would think something is missing. This makes me even sadder for Ron.

What I really liked about this story were Ron's feelings, his reactions and the order were things are presented. Everything is well balanced.
Ron proves how a gentleman he is, he's so great, God. How I see it, he isn't even really angry with anyone but himself. He never puts the blame on anyone and actually IS worried about his parents! This is really sweet of him and made me smile while reading.
Rufus is a very welcomed bonus for relief. I love him.
tuxjim chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
INTERESTING story...and a good bit of analysis on your part of what happens when Kim "gives in" to her attraction for Shego and Ron realizes it. Friendship can only go so far, and romance is not born MERELY from familiarity.

I'm adding the story to my list of "favorite"-s, and will keep you in mind to add to my list of favorite authors after I've read a bit more of your writing. Please understand that I'm holding off doing so ONLY because I don't like to add based on only one story that I've read.

Ja ne for now.

"Tux"
Demonhedgehog chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I feel like you really nailed Ron's character here. He wasn't unreasonably bitter but he wasn't a total doormat either, he reacted just like he would have had this been an actual episode. And of course, nothing keeps the Ron-man down for long!
Wolf chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This is the part the show never mentioned ;).
Really good. This was an amazing story. :)
BicheeBee chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
You have to feel for Ron. Poor guy. Good work.
PithySmithy chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Normally I don't read hurt/comfort stories but I knew the song so I thought I'd give it a go. Finally something from Ron's POV! I think he gets treated badly by KiGo writers. Good story.
LJ58 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Well, still not sure about songfics in general, but the story itself was quite poignant, and touching. You have to almost feel sorry for Ron, he gets left behind all the way around.
YouCanCallMePoison chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This is a bit weird. I just added you to my favorites today(thought Im sure you were already there) and just a few hours ago I was working on a story so similar to this that you have sentences that are dang near word for word what I wrote. Yours is so much better though. I couldn't quite capture Ron's character and you've done it perfectly. Kim's side of the story would be a nice side story if you had the time. Anyways, great read.
Mystra32 chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Very nice. I missed not reading about Kim and Shego, but it was a good Ron chapter and captured the main problem a lot of people ignore with the kigo stories.