Reviews for From the Darkness We Rise
Kentario chapter 21 . 8/8
…I'm trying to think of what to say but I'm just…stunned! WHAT AN AMAZING STORY! I've spent the last few days and nights rereading it because I got stuck and WOW, what an ending! It left me wide eyed and breathless! Much kudos(during the times I looked in the dictionary, I learned it's "much kudos") to you, amazing author! Now to run off and read the sequel!
Karano chapter 21 . 2/27
What should I say? Or do? I have no words to describe this perfection.
Maybe after I read the sequel...maybe I'll regain my words then?
Martakus chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
Youre making this really difficult for me. This story is one of the best RotG fanfics Ive read so far. And I would really, really have loved to read it until the end and then label it as perfect. But unfortunately, thats no longer possible after this chapter. Im fine with Jack and Pitch developing a mutual understanding and forming a father-son-like relationship. And perhaps itd also been ok if that relationship wouldve become more... passionate later. But the way youve described it? No. Thats just not realistic, and since youve attempted and managed to write realistically throughout the rest of the story, it kinda ruins it. I cant get over how well-written all of this is, and how quickly youve made it impossible for me to continue liking it. Because love doesnt work the way youve described it. Yes, theres passion. And yes, it makes you irresponsible. But at some point, soon after, when the adrenaline is gone, you start thinking more down-to-earth. And that point is simply missing in your story. Its like: "Oh, well, Im gay now. Pfft, who cares. No need to waste a thought about that!" And even in a world where homosexuality is accepted in every developed society, its just not that simple. The discovery of ones homosexuality still causes angst and self-doubt. It still causes a feeling of doing something wrong. Im not saying thats how it should be. Its just how it is. Of course, this might be different for Jack Frost, but then that would still need an explanation. So, to conclude, this is still a very good story, but at this point I choose to not continue it because Id rather remember it as a good one with wasted potential than as another unlikeable boyslove story.
TARDISbluu chapter 20 . 10/17/2014
Which, yes, I did just belatedly see your ending AN about there actually being a happy ending, but seriously! You'd better not be fibbin'. *sniff*
TARDISbluu chapter 21 . 10/17/2014
Nooooooooooooooooo! This is so saaaaaaaad! D,; Whyyyy? Why couldn't you have issued a tissue warning?! *cries* You've literally made me cry - I'm crying right now. This is awful. And I'm not joking, or exaggerating, or anything, like a lot of people do - I'm literally crying right now.

This is what I get for being so emotionally invested in fictional characters. *sniff*

Your sequel better have a good ending, 'cuz I don't think my heart can take much more. I mean, this is an amazing story. Really. It really is. If it weren't, I wouldn't be crying right now. But... god... It's so SAAAAAAAAD!
Uniasus chapter 21 . 9/27/2014
Oh my, this was an amazing ride! I love what you've done for Jack here, realistically showing the problems of isolation and how that's affected his mentality. And when Pitch re-took the shadows...ah, my heart.
sakurahimecool blue chapter 21 . 2/11/2014
Ok.. I've just had time and read this story and finish it.. Now my heart breaking like crazy..
I'm going to bathroom and still dry sobs, my hearts feel heavy and I really want to scream...
Wonderful story to make me feel like this..
Now I must calm my self to read the sequel...
Good job writer..
farowsfury chapter 21 . 1/30/2014
Best plot lineEVER!
Blueskullz chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
This is gunna be my second time to read this, yayyy
*sits back and gets lost in the story*
Nikokami chapter 15 . 1/12/2014
It says something about these characters when I read their dialogue and the voice that reads it out in my head does itin their accents. Automatically. :D
AbsoluteReader1995 chapter 17 . 11/16/2013
I don't quite understand the whole thing that happened with jack, pitch, and man in moon. what exactly was the reason behind the "It's time." with pitch and jack?
Guest chapter 12 . 10/15/2013
StillSunflower chapter 21 . 10/8/2013
I read the whole thing in one sitting, which I NEVER do with fics this long, and this is.. Oh god, how do I even begin to explain how ridiculously well written this is? I just can't put into words how erfect every single thing about this is. Every single character is believable and well developed, the pace is perfect, the plot- oh god, the plot.. and at times it has also been absurdly hilarious/adorable/sexy. And god, Mora, I love her so much and her relationship with Jack, and how do you even come up with this stuff? LIKE ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN? OMG. And even though the main relationship is Jack and Pitch, Jack's relationship with everyone is deep and realistic and just so perfectly portrayed in a way that touched me deeply. I just... This has to be the most amazing thing I have ever read on this site. EVER. And that's really saying a lot.
ChucklingDevil chapter 21 . 10/6/2013
You. You played with my emotions too easily. How could you?!
A BlackIce story that I was actually really getting into and you ended it the way you did. Oh, I am definitely reading the sequel, and I am most definitely going to be drawing fan-art for this.
Ripplewave chapter 7 . 10/4/2013