Reviews for From the Darkness We Rise
sakurahimecool blue chapter 21 . 2/11
Ok.. I've just had time and read this story and finish it.. Now my heart breaking like crazy..
I'm going to bathroom and still dry sobs, my hearts feel heavy and I really want to scream...
Wonderful story to make me feel like this..
Now I must calm my self to read the sequel...
Good job writer..
farowsfury chapter 21 . 1/30
Best plot lineEVER!
Blueskullz chapter 1 . 1/16
This is gunna be my second time to read this, yayyy
*sits back and gets lost in the story*
Nikokami chapter 15 . 1/12
It says something about these characters when I read their dialogue and the voice that reads it out in my head does itin their accents. Automatically. :D
AbsoluteReader1995 chapter 17 . 11/16/2013
I don't quite understand the whole thing that happened with jack, pitch, and man in moon. what exactly was the reason behind the "It's time." with pitch and jack?
Guest chapter 12 . 10/15/2013
THIS IS NOT JUST A SHIP. IT IS A LUXURY CRUISE.
StillSunflower chapter 21 . 10/8/2013
I read the whole thing in one sitting, which I NEVER do with fics this long, and this is.. Oh god, how do I even begin to explain how ridiculously well written this is? I just can't put into words how erfect every single thing about this is. Every single character is believable and well developed, the pace is perfect, the plot- oh god, the plot.. and at times it has also been absurdly hilarious/adorable/sexy. And god, Mora, I love her so much and her relationship with Jack, and how do you even come up with this stuff? LIKE ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN? OMG. And even though the main relationship is Jack and Pitch, Jack's relationship with everyone is deep and realistic and just so perfectly portrayed in a way that touched me deeply. I just... This has to be the most amazing thing I have ever read on this site. EVER. And that's really saying a lot.
ChucklingDevil chapter 21 . 10/6/2013
You. You played with my emotions too easily. How could you?!
A BlackIce story that I was actually really getting into and you ended it the way you did. Oh, I am definitely reading the sequel, and I am most definitely going to be drawing fan-art for this.
Damnit!
Ripplewave chapter 7 . 10/4/2013
Awesome! 3 it
MoonKent chapter 21 . 9/8/2013
Okay, this isn't 'technically' a review, but I had a couple of questions regarding this chapter. But firstly, how much of the backstory of the Nightmare King and Augus will be revealed in Game Theory? Cause here, I thought at first that Agus was horrified at having tNK back, but then he seemed happy, and they left quite companionably. Was he glad to have another ally against the Seelie fae and just hiding any other personal emotions? Or did a part of him actually miss tNK?

Anyway, I love this story, it's even better the second time through! I actually find myself thinking of this version of Pitch and Jack as canon in my head, and comparing other stories to this instead of the movie/books. I'm so glad that you joined this fandom!
MoonKent chapter 12 . 9/6/2013
Augus is so much scarier when you know what he will do later, and how extensive the effects will be...and also when you realize how his instability can peek through even now, in his interactions with Pitch.

And I feel bad for Jack and Pitch, I keep thinking, "Enjoy the happiness now, because there is a whole lot of angst coming your way," but at least now I know also what the happy ending is.
MoonKent chapter 9 . 9/6/2013
Ah, Gwyn, we know that your life hasn't been all light and sunshine...we know now, indeed, the history you have with Augus...
MoonKent chapter 7 . 9/5/2013
I've come back to reread this story since it's been edited (and since I need something to distract from the fact that there's only one ISWF chapter left!), and, wow! the locket scene is so much more heartbreaking when you realize exactly what happened/what Pitch remembers later. I want so much to jump into the story and give Pitch a much-needed hug! Jack, you hurry back here and do that for me!
AbsoluteReader1995 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
so im starting to read this story for my 4 time along with the sequel and I have now officially named it my favorite fanfic ever and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if I printed it out so that way I can read it whenever I want instead of having to wait once a week to get on a computer. I promise that I will not sell or anything like that, I just want a copy to read in my free time :)
bearaveo chapter 21 . 8/22/2013
You, dear author have caused me to squee, flail, rant, shout and utterly make a fool out of myself while reading this fic, and I must say I love you for it! so few authors have the gumption to create such a riveting and believable tale. You are a god amongst men and I for one would gladly fork over money to read more of this awesomeness. Can't wait to read the sequel and Keep up the fantastic work :)