Reviews for Of Xenophobia and Infatuations
Myron23 chapter 1 . 5/5
They say that reviews are the lifeblood of the writer, and that is indeed the truth for most, if not all. Well, I say that "review replies" are the lifeblood of the reviewer. I would appreciate responses to my reviews; I happen to enjoy discussions and debates.

Do you mean, if your own platoon commander was an ultra-promiscuous womanizer, he would get laughed at? Or is it another form of Shepard that you're referring to? I notice that you're using Femshep to make this comparison.

Indeed, unless the story is written in 1st person, the author has no business expressing an opinion within the story, like by say, having cuss words in the narration.

I know some writers who are exactly what you're talking about, but for the heck of it, could you point some of those writers yourself? Maybe we've read some of the same stories?

LOL! The idea that Shepard's weapon aim might slowly be drifting towards Kaiden in order to "accidently" hit him reminds me of the deal between Sarge and Grif in the Red vs. Blue web series.

So, this Femshep is the short-haired, "damaged-goods" type...
Is she going through menopause already?

Anyway, yeah, this was an excellent form of satire.
TheJackinati275 chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
I must admit that this is hand's down the most down to earth Counter-trolling story that i have read yet on this site... and i like that you are unabashed and unbiased and also telling people how it is. (That's one of the reasons that you are one of my favourite writers on this site)

I must admit that i like the Garrus Vakarian and Female Shepard pairing, but some of the stories that people write for them are just horrific..., I want a romance story and not some bitch's Xenophiliac, Turian dick knotting, Human bashing story, and it is unfortunately getting harder and harder to find the 'good few' stories as i like to call them, otherwise it's got to have some Shepard abusing Kaidan, a Turian having some ultra-cock and some bitch who compares humans to Turians and says that all Male Humans are complete assholes... Say that in front of my nerdy fucking face bitch, i just fucking disproved your theory that all men are complete assholes...

Forgive me for my ranting, but some peoples stories drive me up the wall, and i am sure they do so for you as well (you did write this after all), especially from the Femshep x Garrus team.
RosoMC chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
That was a good one. You do have talent for sarcastic humour and your mocking of Psycho!Shepard was spot on. You should really write more one-shot stories like this one where you mock cliches and behaviours prevalent in Mass Effect fanon.

Keep up the good work!
Alpenwolf chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
The only thing that goes through my mind now is "What the heck?" ... and that I'm thankfull that I haven't encountered such a story yet
Lay Down Hunter chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
This is just perfect, it's probably what the 'Shakarian' are actually like xD
t3HPrO chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
You, my friend, have officially become a licensed Master of Crack and Counter-Trolling. Welcome to the club! It's amazing how Team Dextro's fanbase also happens to have the largest number of haters amongst their ranks. Good lulz as usual, and hope to see you soon!
Orifiel chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
LOL, this parody had me laughing till my sides ached. I actually got here after reading your review on the fic in question, of which I only read the notorious chapter to understand what had people up in arms. I haven't read through all of the author's work, but she has read some of mine and I'd say we're on good terms. Also, I see she has reviewed this with civility, which is admirable.

But I always enjoy a good parody, and I love the dripping wit you worked in. You seem to have an excellent grasp of storytelling and character dynamics, and I'm glad this fandom has skilled people to produce gems like this. Well done!
Actually-Fen-Harel chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Great parody. :)
RenShep chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Oh my. This was hilarious. I know precisely which "shockingly bad" fic of which this is a parody, and I agree, it was possibly the worst thing I have ever read on this site. Granted, I did not read the entire thing (I was, quite frankly, not emotionally prepared to deal with it) but I read enough of it to get the gist.

THIS story, however, is the perfect remedy.

Bravo!
Janizary chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
o_O

Wassafaku?

Seriously, that was both hilarious, wrong, and at the same time, a mirror of entirely too many wacko Shep's floating about. I can certainly remember times reading certain fics where I ask myself "why hasn't someone shot this prick yet?".
BeGodlyBeLynn chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I guess I haven't been around often enough to realize that this stuff actually still exists. I would peruse the archives more, but...nah...
Noblescar chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
You have certainly made an excellent point with this story. I do recall reading a Shepard x Tali story once where Shepard kills another alliance soldier for insulting her and gets away unpunished.
I guess though, it takes all sorts to make up the world.

On an unrelated note, after reading this story I checked out your profile and realized I had enjoyed reading several of your other stories before but never reviewed them. Keep up the good work.
Adams7 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I agree with you completely about treating all characters impartially.
That's actually what made me stop reading "The Spirit of Redemption"
Atreyu429 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
You know, I think I know the fic you're parodying. It's by Spyke1985 right? Shepard is half-turian or something and her and Garrus have raunchy sex every five seconds while they mercilessly claw Kaidan for just being there. 'Course, considering this site, I'm sure there's dozens of more stories like that, but that's the one your parody seems to be targeted at.

Good satire; a little short and ham-fisted, maybe, but it still got the points across and I had a laugh or two along the way. Very good read dude, I think I might check out more of your work.
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Good story. I would hesitate to call it a comedy as I would hesitate to call it funny. It is more parody/drama. But it is entertaining and thought-provoking.