Reviews for Magnolia Summer
That was pretty awesome I really loved, like really.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Wow. This was amzing
You should continue it. I REALLY LOVED IT!
thewonderwomenpost chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
This was great, I really liked how you could make it all so intresting and amazing. How you could keep everybody in character even if this played out during the 1930's and I am very intrested in the backstory of Cat and Tori, and who is Mrs Van Cleef? Where is Trina? Robbie? And I really really want to read about Beck and Jade's wedding, sorry if I sound like a whinning five year old but I really really want to! Anyway I hope you update so we can read about their wedding.
misguideddreamer chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
This is lovely!
starry eyed dreamers chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
I love this! I would expect Cat to be a maid, because only she would still be (almost) perfectly happy doing work like that. I felt so bad for her, y'know? Her parents are dead, her brother's deranged... It's a miracle she can be so cheerful. I do wish you made Beck publishing Jade's work a slightly bigger part of the story, though, because I found it really interesting. :) I also adore Jade's description of things. 'Piss yellow champagne' was one of my favorite phrases in this. I loved it, even though I usually avoid historical fiction. Good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
this was so beautiful and wonderful! loved it!
Cassandra's Destiny chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
After a moment of hesitation, Beck's smile dropped and he said seriously, "Give me back my ring." - Even if I knew this will have a happy ending, I was too into Jade's train of thought that my heart fell as hers did. This notwithstanding, I love how Beck didn't consider his first (attempt at a) proposal not only because he never got to do his full spiel, but also because they only got engaged then for the sake of their families.

The details were fantastic without taking over the main plot and forgetting themselves as details - Cat's background, Tori's pregnancy, and Andre's 1930s non-appearance to name a few.

I admit, I expected a jab at Beck being Canadian at first, but I realized it was hardly appropriate to the plot. Beck would make a wonderful politician, though. As an actor, he certainly understands what a spectacle politics is.
khay chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I went through a phase in high school where all I read were historical romances. I had a hankering to read a historical Bade fanfiction a while back, but none satisfied. So when I saw this fic, I was adfhjgfsdkk

And your fic did not disappoint. It was well-written and in character, despite being AU. I love how Beck and Jade fell in love even if they didn't want to :)

I also salute you for fleshing out the minor characters-Jade's parents, Cat, Trina. And The bit with Tori and Andre, even if you didn't name him.

In my opinion, this fic is perf.

Thanks for sharing. I loved it.
Deathatthechapel chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
This is a masterpiece. You're definitely the best writer here :)
Dawnmist of RiverClan chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Great story!
Ellie chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Oh god that was beyond amazing! You're in my top 3 writers in the whole fandom, you're seriously awesome
SouthernB3lle chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I read this last night but was too tired to review so I'm back! This was so cute! I love AUs and this fandom needs some older time periods. You did such a great job. When Beck asked for his ring back, my heart almost broke! I wanted to yell but then he got down on one knee and I cried! So good! I love the twist with Tori and the baby. And Cat's brother killing Jade's mother and I wasn't excepting that Jade's mother killed her parents. Wow. You write a great Bade in a different timeline. Most of the time I was imagining this in the 1800s for some reason and I had to remind myself it was the 30s haha. Great job!
Venus Beauty chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I love this. Its a awesome story. Bye! :-)
HeyItsSkinny chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Best way to procrastinate health work ever. Also, you mixed times here, sweetie, but I loved it anyway :) You captured the feelings of the Victorian era with a few more modern things quite nicely :)
BhindGreenEyes chapter 1 . 1/20/2013