Reviews for The Knives In His Sleeves
sweetandsimple1 chapter 46 . 9/25
Beautifully written, as always.

I know it's been years since you've written this, but still I thought I'd give my input:

1) There is no such word as 'Hisself' or 'His self'; it's 'himself'.

2) Japan's emergency number is definitely not 911. Actually, there were several aspects of this story that were definitely not Japanese, but I think you know that by now :p

3) It took me a few chapters to realise that this is AU (aka the Hitachiins aren't rich, etc etc). The AU-ness of it all was a bit unclear..

4) I feel that Haruhi is OOC, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, good job! I'm a sucker for vividly-written emotions; also, I want to commend you for the entire abuse thing. Not many writers realise that abuse isn't black-and-white. I like how you captured the fact that Ryota isn't 100% pure evil, that he has a good side, etc etc.
Asileme chapter 26 . 8/18
I'm in love
Datgurl chapter 27 . 1/26
Haha! The story your brother wrote made me laugh _ btw i love all ur stories :P they r so gewd
How should I feel chapter 46 . 5/5/2014
It made my heart ache, but still, I loved it!
You are a wonderful writer!
Thanks for letting them have a happy ending, thank you!
Kharlan Hero chapter 46 . 3/1/2014
Very good story. :-)

Poor Kaoru went through a lot... If only he had told Hikaru, or even the others, the whole story earlier, maybe things would have been different. Although, everything worked out in the end, thank goodness. Except for Ryota. I don't like him, even if he wasn't pure evil. He was close most of the time.

So let's see, as of the epilogue, Hikaru is completely healed; he and the others are working at the carnival (apparently a rather boring job), which was originally Kaoru's idea if I remember correctly; Kaoru is living with Hikaru's family, along with Emi; and Kaoru is starting to get his sight back, which everyone freaks out about because they're so happy. They had a rough time getting there, but things seem to be going quite well now.

Was there anything else I wanted to say about it? Too much happened over the course of 46 chapters to remember everything.
It was interesting, a lot of twists, and seemed to all make sense, despite the numerous times I wanted to yell at Kaoru to just tell Hikaru already.
I guessed that Kaoru was blind before Hikaru figured it out, but can't say I was expecting it. It made a good final twist in the story, especially since the epilogue has him starting to get his sight back. He deserves to be happy, and surrounded by loving family and friends.

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head, so I'll leave it at that. This review has gotten rather long anyway. :-)
Guest chapter 46 . 1/7/2014
finally! i loved it but it was long. really good though.
Me chapter 46 . 12/28/2013
That was beautiful! The whole story is perfect! 3
Me chapter 44 . 12/28/2013
Oh shit, is Kaoru blind?! :( sad... Great chapters though! Thanks for all the updates!
wafflezryummy chapter 46 . 12/27/2013
Yay! Happy ending! That was an interesting story and the whole blind Kaoru thing I did not expect. You always find a way to surprise me whenever I read you stories, which makes you go on the top of my list. Really enjoy your stories. (*-*) Keep up the great work!
AiLeiben chapter 46 . 12/25/2013
Oh my goodness, I survived. XD
This story is so good, congratulations.
AiLeiben chapter 45 . 12/25/2013
That was an interesting ending.. I loved this story from beginning to end, just to let you know.
AiLeiben chapter 44 . 12/25/2013
Oh no! Just when he woke up too! Nice cliff hanger. ;D
Digidestined Ninja of Sunshine chapter 46 . 12/25/2013
OH. *fumes* EM. *growls* GEE. *flips table*

I was TOTALLY not expecting that whole "Kaoru blind" thing. It totally threw me off. O.O

AND OMG THAT ENDING... *hyperventilates*

I'm sad to see this is the end. It really has been a long time since you started this whole thing. :3 Along with the SNK fic, I hope to see more of your stories out there! Merry Christmas!
leoraphdonniemikey chapter 4 . 12/25/2013