Reviews for The Knives In His Sleeves
SterlingSilverMoon chapter 46 . 10/10
I only have one thing to say.

...Good job. w
moonglory415 chapter 46 . 9/21
Hey! I don't have an account on here, but I absolutely HAD to comment and review on this. I am floored. Your writing skills are excellent, and once I started reading this, I couldn't stop. I just recently got into OHSHC, and after reading the manga and watching all the episodes, stumbled across your account here. I also have read Finding Kaoru, and these are now two of my favorite fanfics EVER. Your writing has something about it that makes you sit your butt down until you've read the whole thing. Suspense is something I can't hardly take, and this story had plenty of cliffhangers and always kept me at the edge of my seat. The characters were described very well, and I really appreciate your proper use of grammar. My sister and I have a fondness for the Hitachiin twins, being twins ourselves, and Kaoru is our favorite. It's hard to find good fanfics sometimes, but this...this absolutely mesmerized me. It gave me that feeling of 'What do I do with my life now' after I finished it. It kind of made me have to lay down for a bit and contemplate my existence. I'm not really sure what to say. It's hard to find words to describe such a story. I guess I could just say, keep writing! You're an incredible author, and you could really be published one day! Stay amazing! ~Glory
Nah Nahila chapter 46 . 7/27
This was so goood! Thank youuu~
KaitouSpade chapter 46 . 5/6
I love this story to pieces. Thanks for going through with it till the end
Smexy Kitten chapter 46 . 1/19
I'm finally leaving a review for this story! I'm so happy that I took the time to re-read this fic again. I cannot begin to speak on the emotional roller coaster that you took your readers on. Reading how both Hikaru and Kaoru had to deal and move on with their lives after the deaths of their parents, not to mention being separated, was great in so many ways. For once, the stronger twin needed someone to look after him and carry the load. Boy, did Kaoru need it! However anyone sees it, Kaoru is lucking that Haruhi is his next door neighbor; her instincts and concern definitely paved the way for the truth to come out. If it weren't for her or Hikaru's observance of his brother's behavior, Kaoru might not still be with them. Although not really mentioned, I also believe that Kyoya played a role in how everything came about. Kaoru is too lucky to have all of these people around him to care and look after him, even when it drove Hikaru nuts.

On another note, Rika and Yasushi sound like awesome parents! Emi really makes for a great mom. Even though he was abusive, you can't help but feel bad for Ryota; he wasn't as bad of a guy as he seemed, just sick and in need of a lot of help.

In all, I couldn't get enough of this story and I'm too happy to have had the chance to read it twice!
Guest chapter 46 . 12/2/2015
I love everything you write.
I especially love how you write for Kaoru and Hikaru. You're my favourite author of these kind of fics. I beg you to write another. I find I prefer them without the AUs and continuing from the canon, but all you write is brilliant so I'm not complaining!
sweetandsimple1 chapter 46 . 9/25/2015
Beautifully written, as always.

I know it's been years since you've written this, but still I thought I'd give my input:

1) There is no such word as 'Hisself' or 'His self'; it's 'himself'.

2) Japan's emergency number is definitely not 911. Actually, there were several aspects of this story that were definitely not Japanese, but I think you know that by now :p

3) It took me a few chapters to realise that this is AU (aka the Hitachiins aren't rich, etc etc). The AU-ness of it all was a bit unclear..

4) I feel that Haruhi is OOC, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, good job! I'm a sucker for vividly-written emotions; also, I want to commend you for the entire abuse thing. Not many writers realise that abuse isn't black-and-white. I like how you captured the fact that Ryota isn't 100% pure evil, that he has a good side, etc etc.
neverXmind chapter 26 . 8/18/2015
I'm in love
Datgurl chapter 27 . 1/26/2015
Haha! The story your brother wrote made me laugh _ btw i love all ur stories :P they r so gewd
How should I feel chapter 46 . 5/5/2014
It made my heart ache, but still, I loved it!
You are a wonderful writer!
Thanks for letting them have a happy ending, thank you!
Kharlan Hero chapter 46 . 3/1/2014
Very good story. :-)

Poor Kaoru went through a lot... If only he had told Hikaru, or even the others, the whole story earlier, maybe things would have been different. Although, everything worked out in the end, thank goodness. Except for Ryota. I don't like him, even if he wasn't pure evil. He was close most of the time.

So let's see, as of the epilogue, Hikaru is completely healed; he and the others are working at the carnival (apparently a rather boring job), which was originally Kaoru's idea if I remember correctly; Kaoru is living with Hikaru's family, along with Emi; and Kaoru is starting to get his sight back, which everyone freaks out about because they're so happy. They had a rough time getting there, but things seem to be going quite well now.

Was there anything else I wanted to say about it? Too much happened over the course of 46 chapters to remember everything.
It was interesting, a lot of twists, and seemed to all make sense, despite the numerous times I wanted to yell at Kaoru to just tell Hikaru already.
I guessed that Kaoru was blind before Hikaru figured it out, but can't say I was expecting it. It made a good final twist in the story, especially since the epilogue has him starting to get his sight back. He deserves to be happy, and surrounded by loving family and friends.

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head, so I'll leave it at that. This review has gotten rather long anyway. :-)
Guest chapter 46 . 1/7/2014
finally! i loved it but it was long. really good though.
Me chapter 46 . 12/28/2013
That was beautiful! The whole story is perfect! 3
Me chapter 44 . 12/28/2013
Oh shit, is Kaoru blind?! :( sad... Great chapters though! Thanks for all the updates!
wafflezryummy chapter 46 . 12/27/2013
Yay! Happy ending! That was an interesting story and the whole blind Kaoru thing I did not expect. You always find a way to surprise me whenever I read you stories, which makes you go on the top of my list. Really enjoy your stories. (*-*) Keep up the great work!