Reviews for That September: A TSOM Honeymoon Story
UndoubtedlyTheWine chapter 1 . 4/9
Oh! This was beautiful. You painted a vivid picture of Paris and the characterizations of M and G were spot on. I could sense their emotion - love, desire, sadness and worry for what was about to happen - the Anschluss. Love love love this! Can't believe this is your first story! So well written. Amazing ;)
NickyW chapter 1 . 8/26/2016
This was a very different insight into their relationship and beautifully written. The way you wrote the building tension as Georg read about the impending Anschluss was very well done. They almost seemed reserved in public but then of course there was that hint of what might go on behind closed doors. Excellent.
jennifer.willing chapter 1 . 5/29/2016
Wonderful!
Lauryn Vi chapter 1 . 1/29/2016
Oh, I just love this! So so so so very much. Actually, I've read it multiple times these last couple of months (mostly when I'm exhausted and want to read something I know I completely love), and it never fails to absolutely brighten my day. I haven't left a review for it yet because I'm so riveted every time I don't know how to express the kind of spot this little tale hits.

I just love everything about this. The way you paint the opening scene, and the juxtaposition between how this "tourist couple" choses to visit such an intimate location. Love the thought of them sharing a slice. Her showing him purchases for the children. And your description of the both of them - literally, I'm blown away by every sentence of those two paragraphs. SO perfect. And that bit about their restrained passion suddenly igniting.

I know this is your first story, but it is such a masterpiece. Beautiful and charming and real and fleeting - I just want to hang it on my wall.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
This is actually amazing, and very accurate.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
This is lovely! You paint such a compelling picture that I can see and hear them although we never get a single moment of dialogue. I also like how you imply a bit about the Parisians watching and gossiping and speculating about the enigmatic couple. I like how you grow Maria up a little bit and how Georg's mood darkens with the evolution of the political situation. Very well done, for a story that is nearly all 'tell' and not 'show'. :)
Josette chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
A nice, thoughtful and sweet story. I liked it.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Really good. I loved how you didn't mention their identities at all
faithandhopewoman chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
A beautiful little story.
BaronessvonTrapp chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
WOW! This is so wonderful! You captured both of them perfectly. I could see the two of them as well as the cafe in my head! I hope you write more! :)
Tiva-McAbby-Densi-Neric-4ever chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Awww! I really loved and enjoyed reading this, it was so amazing.
Kay chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I often find that when reading fanfictions, especially romances, authors tend to stray from what the character is really about and that tends to ruin it for me. But you, my friend, have an incredible talent in writing and a gift for description and imagery. You captured the characters perfectly and I am extremely impressed with your work. Keep up the work and thank you for allowing us all to read your wonderful story.
MaryAnne chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I love it! Really! Very well written, good characterization, right on spot and a new perspective. Good job! Looking forward to reading more from you! You have a talent to write and catch your readers' attention. :-)
pussycatwithattitude chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
This was a wonderful story to read! It's the little bits that you remember most, and this just seemed to be filled with them. A great character study from a different perspective too. I can't wait to read more of your work.
Charlotte chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This was so very lovely. Well done! Please, keep writing :)