Reviews for Blood Moon Rising
wryter501 chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
once again, brilliant set-up. the way you separate arthur and merlin is casual and ominous, the macabre violence accepted from the beginning with the priestess gives the reader a feeling of horror before the characters themselves understand what's going on.
and merlin. i do enjoy stories where his power or intellect isn't unduly undermined, but pitted against a darkly formidable enemy, the outcome /feels/ uncertain. not just a sorceress, but a goddess, too... even emrys should tread lightly...
and, upping the stakes, when lia tries to help arthur escape - and it doesn't work. too bad she and merlin didn't get a chance to speak freely... (and once again, great work with your oc's. well-rounded and believable w/o getting too wordy - you do 'show' rather than 'tell', very naturally.) and with arthur weak from blood loss and drugged, we know he's not going to be any help escaping - merlin watching the ritual begin without knowing if the knights or the dragon would show up to back him up was deliciously tense.
i liked how you disposed of your villains - and your one good-gal-amongst-villains. merlin took out one, kilgarrah took out the other, the knights were all very valiant and timely - lia's death heroic and misty-eyed... kind of wish it didn't come back to merlin keeping his secret, but it's - of course, and always - understandable.
gosh, i hope i don't dream of merlin bald. :D
well-done story!
mersan123 chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
Hi, just wanted to pass on my thanks for a wonderful story. Yes I know I am late in reading but have just found this one. Love a bald Merlin followed by a "flowing locks" Merlin - priceless. Many thanks.
Linorien chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
I most certainly enjoyed this story. It had an original plot and was very well written. I always love reading about people infiltrating other castles and fortresses. Plus, it was fantastic that Merlin was bald! I look forward to any further stories that you write.
Alia Inverse chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
This was very interesting, and I liked the humorous note at the end
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
That was really excellent. A fast paced adventure. It had me tensed half the time. Nice little touches of humour.
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Wow, what a great story! Going to check out your other stories just now. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
That was enjoyable. Good balance of action, tension and light humour.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Just discovered you can only leave 1 review per chapter (who knew!) and Fanfiction has this whole story as one long chapter so I've logged out and hopefully can leave this review as a guest one. So here goes nothing...
Loved this. Really well written, grammar and spelling perfect and fanastic plot. I especially enjoyed the suspensful sacrifice scene and the underlying bits of humour, great to relieve the tension. Favourite bit? The lovely imagery of the dragon on blood moon. Fab.
Zendog
RedRose8808 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Good story, really easy to follow.
zendog chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Half way through this story and taking a break to say how much I am enjoying it. Mystical and magical, great combination. The plot is fast but extremely cohesive and the descriptive nature of the writing makes the whole thing come alive. Great villians so far (very creepy and visually stunning) and I have a very bad feeling all will not go well for Lia. Loved Merlin on the dragon. Only one complaint - his hair...how could you? Joking...I know the plot line needs it but still a girl can grieve! Fantastic story so far and I am about to plunge back in to see how it all works out...