Reviews for Committing
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 7/23
This is such a beautiful story. You capture each of them so well here - how naturally caring Ruth is to take care of Idgie after she's been drinking, how impulsive Idgie is to buy a ring and start planning a wedding without even telling Ruth. Although I do love her plans - you could practically see their lakeside ceremony with all their friends gathered around. I also love the "And just where have you been?" paragraph for how effectively it captures Ruth's loneliness in the quiet, creaky house. And bonus points for working in Idgie's joke about the lake so smoothly. Classic!

As much as I enjoyed it, I was sad to see there wasn't more to this story. The ending leaves a pretty strong "Well, what's next?" feeling, and I would've loved to see this continued to Idgie proposing to Ruth in some manner and them actually having a ceremony.

P.S. I'm here reviewing you for the review-a-thon at the Caesar's Palace forum! Come drop by sometime, all fandoms welcome :)
gryffinwing chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Sad and yet beautiful
03dee chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
I think you're off to a good start - any plans for a follow up/continuation?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
No! It stopped! Please please write some more of this, I really wanted to read chapters and chapters of it.
cc1989 chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Just happened to be scrolling through the FTG tumblr when I came across this, and I'm glad I did. It's been a while since I read a fanfic about Idgie and Ruth and this one was really good. Well written. Wish there was more.
PurpleSneakers chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This is so beautifully written. I can't wait for the next chapter.