Reviews for At the Gates of Heaven
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Dear Deborah:

You and Nils Runeberg need to get together and have a drink sometime.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
David Thomsonius chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Way, fun, in a Monty Pythonesque sort of way. Thanks for directing me to it. Looking forward to what happens after the "just you wait" remark...DT
lovecrumbs chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
"Even since you've been back from earth," God the Father began crossly when Judas was out of earshot, "you've been like that with everyone who's come up here. Prostitutes, Roman soldiers, corrupt judges, and now this. 'My soul is entwined with his,'" God the Father mimicked, "'Beloved above heaven.' How am I supposed to get any judging done? Are you going to carry on like this with everyone you met down on earth?"

That paragraph made my day.

Seriously, even without the slash, this fic is priceless.

:scurries away to see what else Deborah Judge has under her sleeve:
Gil Shalos1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Sexy, irreverent, and holy in the best possible way. A must read!
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
I love it. Clever twist ending. And now I wanna go read all the flames for this fic, because that is half the fun of reading Bibleslash.
Outspoken Lamb chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Aw...kill joy *pouts*
Tachyons chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
aww, that A/N ruined it...

Judas and Jesus would be so damn adowable together! *manic grin*
C. Klein chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Dude, some things you just don't play with. Humor or not. Like racism. You'd hate it if I made a parody or spoof fic on your entire race. I think I'd personally recieve a verbal smackdown.
Sechuai chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
I know what you mean about conformity- and I completely agree with you about that. It's a very interesting POV, and your a great writer- but just remember- EVERYBODY HAS A CHOICE. I go to a christian school (and the teachers, yes, even the religious ed staff are nice- NO ONE THEIR TRIES TO PRESS THEIR RELIGION ON YOU).Anyway,in one Christian Ed lesson at my school we investigated as a class what it would be like if 'god' MADE us do his bidding, and how our choices would be like then. We came to the conclusion that we would be like puppets on a string with him as the puppeteer. But the interesting point is- God HAD the choice to make us like that- with no choice in the matter- but he DIDNT DO THAT. God offered us a choice of whether we follow him or not. But to paraphrase from Star Wars, Return of the Jedi (in one of the ewoks speech to the ewok high council about the forest)- Do we have an incentive to follow a religion any less if we don't have to do it (as in God gave us a choice whether or not to follow him)? No, we love it more because we don't have to do it- and we are offered a CHOICE. Choices are grand, they offer us free will- and god doesnt make us conform like people on puppet strings.

But yes, unfortunately, all choices have consequences. In revelations, (the last book of the bible), it says somewhere that it is unfortunate that those people who dont follow god go to hell, but it was ultimately their choice because they didnt follow hikm. Remember god could mnake us all people on puppet strings.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying your POV is wrong- I'm just offering you an alternative point of view. Yes, up until that Christian Ed lesson I thought that it was horrible for us to have to conform and not have a choice- but as we are not people on puppet strings we do have a choice. And like Adam and Eve- who were given a choice whether or not to follow GOD IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN, SO ARE WE. WE HAVE A CHOICE, AFTER ALL. Its unfortunate that you hate the bible- but let me tell you something, some of the greatest words of advice are in proverbs a book in the bible. Yes, Iknow Im going to be outspoken about this, but it explains how alcohol is bad for you and how if you wash the outside of a cup- but not the inside it will be dirty (metaphorically speaking). It means that if you pretend to be good on the outside, but not on the inside, there's no use PRETENDING to be good. (i dont mean to offend anyone!)IT ALSO SAYS COMPARES PEOPLE WHO ARE FALL TO TEMPTATION OF SIN THAT THEY ARE AS A MURKY WATER IN A WELL. tHESE ARE JUST RANDOM paraphrase, BUT MY FAVOURITE is that if, at a feast (or anywhere else, really) your are invited - dont sit at the best seat because if somebody more important than you comes the one who invited you might send you to another not so good seat so that the more oimportant guest can sit there (and you 'd be filled with shame). Instead, sit a nbot-so-good- seat to start of with, so the one who invited you can invite you to a better seat (and that you'd be honoured). And if you have a good heart, the one who invited you would probably do so.

On your other fic (angel, demon), Don't let the actions of a misguided few affect your judgement on the whole pof christainity. Like muslims like Ossama Bin Laden, there will be people to blame their beliefs/actions on their religion (ie; muslims becoming terrorists and hating other religions, but this isnt the real reason for their beliefs /actions. Like in MacBeth, they are hiding their false hearts behind their false faces- in other words, they are not true christians. Therefore you shouldnt judge true christians by the actions of not-true (false) christians.

Please, please at least THINK about what I have written- but if you dont like the bible- like I originally did- then revelations chapter 10- the last book of the bible- is at least a good horror story(imagine fire, scorpions,etc- the classic element of horror stories).Proverbs is also good, the meaning they bring- if a bit metaphoriclly, it aplies to daily life- if a little old fashioned.

Im not angry with you, but please listen to what I said.

Please be open minded.
LG chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Hee! I loved this. _ It's so very... yeah. Awesome.
Maliya Wong chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
heheh, Jesus is made very cute! And God is portrait like a real father. It was funny, good job.
Xtians Suck chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
I like anything that upsets Christians, because they are the most evil people on the planet. So bravo on this great story!
Mercuria chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
Jesus loves me, this I know! *giggles*

That was TERRIFIC. I mean, really. While cute and funny, it also had a really great message about unconditional love, which I think is much with the awesomeness. Good job.
Isabella Fairfield chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
aw. fluff and giggles! and perky Jesus. I think I love you!
Dinah chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
this is god..!
please write more, we're all waiting!
Dinah