Reviews for The Bitterness of Victory
AdamTobiasGrayson chapter 2 . 4/10
this is interesting. however I'm a bit more interested in the fact that the Games in this involve morphing and acquiring animals. I want to read that Hunger Games. but I did enjoy reading this
Thyatira chapter 2 . 1/23/2013
Wow. This was quite haunting. I have never read The Hunger Games, nor do I have any intention of doing so(I prefer my dystopian future sleek and shiny, thank you very much), but at no point did I feel lost due to lack of knowledge. Also, the way you blend these universes is masterful. In fact, I've read novel length stories whose worlds were less fleshed out. I've always felt that the most interesting cross-overs were ones that did as you have here(not that throwing a character into another universe can't be amusing, I've actually done that myself). And it even has Rachel femslash! *does a happy dance*

I think it would be lovely if you returned to this world at some point, but regardless I'm quite happy with what you've put down here. Thanks for posting this!
Zarohk Korobase chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
One wonders where David is in this strange and monstrous world. And Cassie's victory underscores another, worse victory: somehow the humans won against the Yeerks, and yet have become as monstrous or more monstrous than the Yeerks ever were. A bitter victory indeed. An amazing story,
DemonicK chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Again, simply incredible. I have to admit to hoping that you might dabble in this setting again someday, because it's very compelling. Thank you for sharing this with us!
DemonicK chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Way too cool. You've always demonstrated mastery of the characters before, and now we get to see yet another facet of them. I mean, no matter what universe you're writing in, I feel as though they are real and live and breathe. You never cease to amaze me. I cannot wait to see where you take this one, because I was utterly hooked within about three paragraphs.