Reviews for Introductions: Optimus Prime
Minirowan chapter 5 . 8/14/2013
This was great. I loved every word.

Jazz playing the part of the mad seer is very apt; it's a role that suits him well.

However, I wish the Primes had given a clearer explanation as to how a human Prime was born. I know it was somewhat explained in Kinship/The Tie That Binds but it still confuses me.

Also, was Jazz talking about being reincarnated as a human or about Sam using the Matrix?
Selene467 chapter 5 . 4/9/2013
Stunning, just stunning. Not only was the whole test Optimus went through amazing and intense, but I got a lot of Jazz in this story and I miss the guy but you also wrote Optimus SEEING Sam saving him. I've always wondered how he'd react if he could not only simply know what Sam had done, but could have seen it, saw him rush across a battlefield, saw him die, saw him come back to life and saw him limp over to his extinquished frame and bring him back.

Thank you so much for this wonderful story, it's as exciting and promising and fantastic as you promised me and I'm glad I could now finally read it since I've finished the Tie That Binds.

It's amazing to read this entire journey of Optimus and Elita is as wonderful as I imagined her. Wonderful story.

Greetz Selene467
Araytigre chapter 5 . 3/10/2013
Excellent! My simple story (not finished with it yet though) pales before your greatness (again). ALL of these "Intros" are phenomenal, and with this one you provide us a better understanding of the bond between Optimus and Sam. Even if the Movieverse doesn't choose to portray Sam as a Prime, THIS still fits into it. Thank You. TTFN
InsaneGrizzlies chapter 5 . 2/23/2013
Heh heh heh. It is kind of sad that Optimus won't remember Jazz's words about how he should have listened to his big brother, heh heh.

But obviously it stuck with him, and if Sam EVER finds out he's gonna be like "You put the idea in his head?!" lolol.

Great chapter, great fic, I love this 'verse so much.
InsaneGrizzlies chapter 4 . 2/23/2013
...Jazz had me laughing so hard I was tearing up, and then I realized I didn't know if they were tears of joy or sadness and that this is probably something that happens around him a lot.

However, my side is also aching from some of the times I laughed at him. Of COURSE Jazz was turn the Well of All-Sparks into one big happy party, of course he'd keep some Earth things because they aren't "boring", and of COURSE he'd be doing it all for Optimus.

Of course.
InsaneGrizzlies chapter 3 . 2/23/2013
That was intense. I think I seriously need some time to recover from all of that. Yikes.
InsaneGrizzlies chapter 2 . 2/23/2013
I have been soooo busy with student teaching lately that I haven't had a chance to read all these updates. :( So I'm taking my morning to do so now. :)

I have this suspicion that although they are regal Primes and all, that they probably get a bit of a kick out of throwing Optimus (and later Sam) for a bit of a loop.

Also, stubborn Optimus has to be told by everyone that it was the fate of the cube to be destroyed and he STILL FEELS GUILTY. Oi.
sweettea1 chapter 5 . 2/19/2013
That was a good ending! Although, sad that it had to end...it was definitely a great read. Kudos to you on the awesome story!

sweettea1
Silvering chapter 5 . 2/18/2013
Oh, very nice! I was wondering what Jazz was doing in the Well that was so important... now I'm really curious as to what Sleipnir has to do with anything... LOL
Shadir chapter 5 . 2/17/2013
Precious.
TXVR6ish chapter 5 . 2/16/2013
Fantastic
Alathea2 chapter 5 . 2/15/2013
Okay, wow. Well, where do I start? I have to say I was impressed, floored and a little creeped out at the thought of the 'Bots hiding in what was basically Primus' spark chamber. I mean, an awesome place of protection, clearly but... wow. Though I think I see a hint of symbolism there? *wink*

I also liked the Prime's reluctance to ask Sam to take on the mantle of Prime. Yes, he remembered Sam turning away from him over a much simpler and less demanding request, but that - what some could easily call 'abandonment' - was not the primary reason he did not wish to burden Sam with such a request. Rather it was exactly that; he did not wish to burden such a young being. I think I actually let out a verbal "awww" at that... which garnered me some weird looks from those around me. *grin*

Optimus' momentary temptation to believe that he would be stronger than the Fallen, better able to resist the temptations of nearly absolute power, was also masterfully presented. Clear, but understated, almost as if Optimus managed to brush aside the though as quickly as it managed to materialize.

And then, in the battle as Sam was trying to find Optimus; 'Despite the fact that he'd turned away from me in the cemetery, despite the fact that I failed him with my death, here Sam was in the middle of a pitched battle – searching for me.' You said so much, both about Sam and about Optimus with just this one sentence. Sam had turned away, but had come back. Optimus feels guilty for having allowed himself to be killed when he felt he should have been able to better protect Sam. That Optimus is clearly impressed and most likely humbled by Sam's bravery, his willingness to venture into such danger for him... The fascinating irony that when Optimus was searching for Sam's help, the boy turned away... but when Optimus could no longer seek his aid, and was determined /not/ to even when he was again able, Sam was instead searching for /him/. It was almost as if Optimus did not truly consider himself worthy. Sam quite literally moved mountains to find the Matrix and to do what it took to reignite Optimus... even if he wasn't the one actually doing the heavy lifting. If you think about it... Jetfire, Bumblebee, All of the other Autobots... the US military were all there because he /said/ so, his decisions and actions... because he orchestrated those events; even if it was rather clumsily and only half planned. That is not within the scope of a 'normal' college student. :)

And, just so you know, I almost cried at the last paragraph. Happy tears, though, /happy/ tears. Happened when I first read it and again the second time *grin* I could almost hear the swelling strains of the TF soundtrack in the background of that scene and... it just fit. The way you wrote that moment (the moment of Optimus' reanimation) managed to take what was only a few seconds on the screen and paint it into that perfect, time-dilated eternity, that is so emotive and... just... wow. I wanted to hug Optimus, I could feel his happiness so clearly and deeply - happiness that was strong enough to temporarily blot out the looming spectra of his battle with the Fallen. Interstingly, that happiness also makes his initial caution with Sam... his willingness to block the bond if Sam refuses it, his refusal to impose on Sam in Kinship and Ties...so much more heart-wrenching and even more telling of Optimus' character. I know I made another little happy, inarticulate, fangirl-ish noise the first time I read it (as evidenced by more strange looks from those in my immediate vicinity). :D

As always, you leave me wishing for more. Alas, I shall simply have to wait till you start a new story. :) Until then, happy writing!
-Alathea2
imaginethat96 chapter 5 . 2/15/2013
BEST. FIC. EVER!
Second daughter of Eve chapter 5 . 2/15/2013
Wow. That last spoken line seems fitting for this, oddly enough.
Is this the end? ( I hope not!)
Rose O' Sharon chapter 5 . 2/15/2013