Reviews for Gryffindor At Heart
godess bubbles chapter 4 . 1/11
That was so sad! I'm crying!
RainbowJH chapter 4 . 8/19/2014
Frankly speaking this is one of those rare fanfics I've read that doesn't have Hermione as a major character. But I do like this story about the Patil twins as their personal relationship is not portrayed in canon and this gives somewhat of an insight. From the chapter's title I was attracted to the story. Good job! Keep up the good work.
Nemaya chapter 4 . 3/26/2014
I'm crying here because of you! That ending was so abrupt, so sad, yet so beautiful...
meldahlie chapter 4 . 2/23/2014
Well, er, wow! I know this was marked Tragedy/drama, but I wasn't quite prepared for so much of it! Huge lump in my throat in Ch.1, where you know they're not going in the same house, and the really sad image of Padma kicking her scarf to rags. I like Parvati's thought stream in the run up to the Yule Ball, and interesting to see Harry's behavior we sort of just take for granted in the books from the opposite side - and of course, I had never thought about how Padma must have felt, getting landed with Ron in full sulky prat mode. Poor Parvati, and then the final battle scene... well, you hardly leave the reader time to draw breath, just like the fighters - good pacing.
From one Ravenclaw to another: well done!
ClaireMars chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Here is the review you wanted! This story made me cry because it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo good!
pkp033 chapter 4 . 1/8/2014
She called me Par. And she's holding me.

Please, take all my tears.
Toodleoo chapter 4 . 12/5/2013
WHAT?!

Phew.

Okay. I can't believe you just killed Parvati off. You're right about that last paragraph. Good work!

(I find myself again wanting to hear something of the Patil parents. Their twin daughters don't speak to one another for the three summers they're at home, and they wouldn't do anything about it? I doubt that.)

But what a great exploration of sisterhood and family and regret and (briefly) forgiveness. Thanks so much for sharing this story with us, Clover!
Toodleoo chapter 3 . 12/5/2013
You write a great Lavender. Her superficiality, yes, but also her spirit and her loyalty to her friends. It's too bad that Padma is so blind to how terrible a date Harry is, since they're in almost the same boat. Sure, Harry cleaned up better and had the opening dance, but other than that, he and Ron both snubbed the Patils due to their own distractions. Padma's being incredibly unfair since she already knew going in that Ron would make a bad date. ('He's so inconsiderate...') Oy!

On to the last!
Toodleoo chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
The frenemy/twin dynamic you establish here is fantastic. I love how Parvati gets to come into her own when she's not living with Padma. (Really, this is one of the twin issues for the ages, isn't it? Identity and individuality in the face of the twin connection.) And since we've already seen Padma lose out on what she wanted before, I have a sneaking suspicion that the offer of Ron-when her sister had just landed the Boy Who Lived to Compete in the Triwizard Tournament-is also seen as a kind of slap in the face.

Off to the next chapter!
Toodleoo chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Great start and excellent writing! The peripheral canon characters are fun because you get to fill in all the gaps. The only question I had reading was this: what house were their parents in? Both Gryffindor? Otherwise, I don't know why Padma would be so confident as to buy Gryffindor things before the Sorting (and, of course, you mention the genetic connection placing families in the same house).

At any rate, I love how this sets us up right away to feel Padma's disappointment upon her Sorting. We know as the reader what will happen, and we just watch Parvati's anguish as she goes through her own Sorting. Well done!
Hermione Is My Role Model chapter 4 . 10/2/2013
Absolutely amazing :-D please keep it up! :-D
glimmerveins chapter 4 . 8/19/2013
I found it poignant and a great story overall. Also, I love how it's about minor characters! There's not nearly enough decent stories about minor characters on fanfic.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
I think you did a really good job fitting the interaction between Padma and Parvati into the canon story. Very little of their story affects that of Harry and co., but it's refreshing to be reminded that while the series may have been called Harry Potter, other characters in the books lived their lives out through those years, too.
BlueV chapter 4 . 7/9/2013
I loove this story. The plot and writing style are articulate and comprehensive. I hope "cloverlover" continues writing more wonderful fanfictions.
ching965 chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
I think you did a really good job fitting the interaction between Padma and
Parvati into the canon story. Very little of their story affects that of Harry
and co., but it's refreshing to be reminded that while the series may have
been called Harry Potter, other characters in the books lived their lives out
through those years, too.