Reviews for A Reason for Love
Mentally Unstable User chapter 19 . 1/22/2011
So, where can we find the sequel?
kolachess chapter 19 . 1/4/2010
aw...sweetest thing ever. Love your writing. Absolutely adorable. YOU NEED A SEQUEL!

Anyways, Soujiro is my favorite character in Rurouni Kenshin, and Aoshi is amazing too. Hoorays!
Marcus1233 chapter 19 . 3/5/2008
It was a nice read. I like the beginning but as the chapters progressed the story became more...unrealistic? It seemed that everything became more blurred and the plot-line became more tangled.

It felt as if you lost sight to your goal or something. What with the characters became intertwined (the OCs, I mean) IS Japan that small a country to have everyone interconnected in family ties?

Anyways, I'm rambling. Thanks for the read.
chatty-cathryn chapter 3 . 2/12/2006
I started thinking of the Aoshi/Soujiro pairing a while ago, but it wasn't until today that I started to seek it out. I was pleased to find a good, long fic I could really sink my teeth into. I generally like where you're going with this story, but I do have a bit of constructive criticism for you.

I did say I liked the direction of this story, but it goes so incredibly fast that it's hard to relate and feel for the characters- I think you should have spent a bit more time describing what they were doing, what they were feeling. Have a bit more dialogue, and for all that's good in this world, PLEASE don't use fangirl Japanese. The number one rule to a GOOD fic is NEVER DO THIS. Don't use "Arigato" when "Thank you" will work just as well, considering the rest of the fic is in English. It sounds much more polished. However, it's still alright to use actual Japanese words when talking about objects such as kimono, tabi socks, geta- Considering there's no real English translations for these words.

It's a bit out-of-character in a few places. Like in the first chapter, I think it is, when Aoshi just suddenly lets Soujiro cling to him in his futon. When he kisses his hand. These just aren't Aoshi things to do. I think his reactions should have been /much/ more subtle. Remember that Aoshi is not a flirtacious casanova. He is a very deep, stubborn individual. Please remember that it's going to take quite a bit of time for him to really open up to Soujiro and let him touch him physically. This /is/ Japan we're talking about, and for the most part they abhor physical contact. And yes, I know you are aware of this because of Soujiro's questioning at a handshake with Kamatari. Do know that it would have been much easier to display a change in Aoshi toward Soujiro if you had given a bit more information and time on Aoshi arriving at the stronghold and leaving. These events were within a few short paragraphs of each other, and that's really not enough to show them developing a closeness for one another.

Also, when Misao sees Soujiro at the train station staring at Aoshi. "Aoshi felt someone watching him." Wouldn't Aoshi turn around, being the warrior he is, if he felt someone's eyes on him? And unless Soujiro is standing right next to them, and the train station is completely empty of people, Misao is most likely not going to see Soujiro's eyes locked directly on Aoshi, much less be able know the exact expression on his face.

"She knew that look for she had seen it many times in the past. She herself had worn that same expression when she looked at her Aoshi-sama."

How would Misao be able to know that Soujiro's expression and hers were the same if it's impossible for her to see her own face while she's wearing the expression? Generally, I would imagine a person looking at a person so softly to be unaware of it as well.

That's about all I'm going to say for right now.

Again- I'm not doing this to be offensive. What I say here is constructive criticism, and in no way meant to be hostile towards you. I /do/ like this fic and will continue reading it.
Lexi Teniro chapter 19 . 6/12/2005
That was a thoroughly wonderfully wonderful story. You really have a great writing style, and I loved the way you portrayed the unique relationship between Aoshi and Soujiro. FINALLY, someone does it justice...that's great. Really great. Never lose your muse, you happened to get a winner. In MY case...*Gestures to a flighty little teal thing that doesn't shut up but also doesn't say anything useful*...well, let's just say I'm inspirationally challenged. But great fic. REALLY great. How many times have I used 'really' in this review...? Not enough. REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good. REALLY.
AlchemicReaction chapter 19 . 1/8/2005
omigawd! xD i love this fic! i love soujiro and aoshi together! kawai x3 nice job! it had exactly what i was looking for! a long nice yaoi story on the 2! lol!
reviewer chapter 19 . 12/21/2004
it was an ok story. i like how you write, tho i think the characters werent quite themselves
salaam chapter 19 . 4/21/2004
see my name? that's what i'm doing now. sugoi da ne...
but a sequel? why make us suffer? are we not suffering enough at the lack of aoshi/soujirou? *weeps*
but it's a great story. *salaams some more*
frost-powered-mayhem chapter 19 . 3/5/2004
This was so good! i love Soujirou, and you write him so well! i will be eagerly awaiting the sequal!
Sky-chan chapter 19 . 2/16/2004
Wow. That took me awhile to read, but it was well worth my time. Wonderful AoSou fluff _ Can't wait to read more of your stories.
Alianna15 chapter 2 . 8/10/2003
I just got finished reading this fanfic and it was awesome. It such a wondeful story. I can't wait for the sequel of this romantic story. I hope that you will be inspired to write more. Ever since I have watched the second part of Kenshin. Soujiro has become one of my favorite characters. And I luv the pairing of Soujiro and Aoshi, he one of my favs too.
MadHatter chapter 19 . 4/14/2003
SEQUAL! Yes! *dances* That is my new favorite word! I found this fic a while back, a couple of months, and just now finished it. Gomen nasai for not reviewing more. _; I can't really offer much critique...I'm not a very seasoned writer, but I like what I see if that makes any difference. I know praise is good, but sometimes you can't help but feel guilty for not being able to offer some helpful advice. I'll be keeping an eye on you. Cute image in your bio, by the way.
MNH4477 chapter 19 . 4/1/2003
Well, I've already told you what I feel about this. It was a very sweet ending/beginning.

I'm looking forward to the sequel and your other AoSou stories. *nudge*

Midori_
April-san chapter 19 . 4/1/2003
Aw...So sweet...so cute! I loved it! This made my week. Thank you so much for updating. I can't wait to read more, especially the lemon *bunny ears pop out of her head* Please write more. *bounces up and down* I love this story! I can't wait to read the sequel! Doomo arigatou gozaimasu!
Phoe-chan chapter 18 . 3/1/2003
Truly lovely. I loved the whole idea of Soujiro being diabetic. That thought hadn't even crossed my mind about the candies..haha. I thought it was a mental thing. "sugar calms my nerves." lol. I await the sequel and commend you on a fiction well done. ja ne, for now.

*bows*