Reviews for The Passing Lily
Moon Of Jupiter chapter 1 . 6/30
This deserves more reviewsso I am adding to it. Wonderfully written! Love it.
Rapunzel3 chapter 1 . 6/8
Beautiful! What a masterpiece! Bravo!
Jwake chapter 1 . 2/8
Beautifully written and thoroughly enjoyed.
BloodTrinity chapter 1 . 1/25
Hnnghh, such, vanilla, such, fluff.
Gruffy chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
You have my compliments for this. This is easily *the* quintessential Saber Lily story here on . Hands down, her character, her actions, her thoughts, all of the person displayed her for the readers viewing pleasure is spot on to a kinder and more feminine version of the Arturia that is displayed in Fate/Stay Night.

I quite like that you gave Arturia her dagger and spear as Noble Phantasms alongside Excalibur. It never made sense to my why she was summonable as a Saber class servant with Invisible Air, a type of Magecraft that has no basis in history, but not her beloved and historic throwing dagger. Perhaps the VN designers didn't think ahead?

Another interesting tidbit is that Mordred is included here, without the squicky tidbits that created her in the Ero version of Fate/Stay Night(but that are removed or cut down in the clean versions) I applaud that you have included her but have left out the more bizarre sections, leaving it up to the reader to guess how she came to be.

Bedivere is more humorous than he is portrayed in Fate/Stay Night, although I quite like his quirky personality here. Lancelot is spot on to his serious and loyal self as a version of him that isn't burdened by his love for the wife of his beloved king.

I love the Christian references contained within this story. Arturia references both the Holy Father of Jesus Christ and the Old Testament. Such references, including referring to the fact that some men took vows of chastity upon being knighted, were SORELY lacking in the original Fate/Stay Night and I am glad to see them here. As a Christian and a fan on Fate/Stay Night(The clean, plot driven versions), I think that those references are needed both for historical accuracy and to remind readers that Arthur, the real Arthur, was supposed to be not only the greatest King of Britain, but a deeply religious Christian King as well. In Fate/Stay Night, Arturia's moral compass and great forgiveness(forgiving Lancelot for betraying her) come from her Christian faith, and you display that here.

I'm a little bit curious, if you're still on , could you post Saber Lily's stats? I'm interested to see what rank her spear and dagger have as Noble Phantasms. And I'm curious to see what kind of stats this version of Saber has, you say explicitly that they are extremely compatible more so than in canon with the serious but kind King Arturia. And that Saber Lily is capable of drawing energy from Shirou, which is something King Arturia wasn't capable of doing given her improper summoning and Shirou's terrible abilities as a magus and low prana output. So how strong is this version of Arturia given their higher compatibility, their completed prana bond, and that she unwittingly forced Shirou's powers to surface so that he could supply her with power and fill her reserves?

In summary, this is the greatest Saber Lily story on and the best Fate/Stay Night oneshot that I have read.
Will.Always.Be.There chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
One does not simply create this and only have a paltry number of reviews. Here take mine and everything I can press in the favourite tab.
Modify the Lifestream chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
very nicely done.
SKYS chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
That...that has got to be the best oneshot I've read in some time. So...beautiful
Deathwatch Razgriz chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Can you make a full story out of this? I'm only asking because it seems like it would make an interesting full length fic.
Farmer Kyle chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Amusing and sweet. Very nice.
ImagineBreaker7 chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Great story too bad it's just a one shot. Although I was confused at times it was still a great read.
Agitated Animator chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
That was quite good!

The first-person narration and archaic writing style reminded me of other Arthurian Legends I've read, so kudos on that.

This may have been one of the most unique one-shots I've read in a long while. Congrats and keep up the good work. )
sertry chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Awesome!))
LordsFire chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
That was... interesting?

I'm not sure if the style of the writing here is a deliberate incarnation of formality on Lily's part, or if you simply write this way because it is what comes naturally to you. Either way, it's quite effective in this story, though it could use some more proofreading.
Heaven Canceler chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Awesome! Really, this origin story is totally awesome and would make for a first class prologue in a fanfic. The question is whether she was summoned in the fourth grail war too (and if not, who was summoned instead of her and how did the war go?) and how she acted with Kiritsugu as her Master. I do hope you come back to this sometime in the future. It would make for a great fanfic.