Reviews for In the Shadow of Kings
Hello I'm srry but I am 100% sure that normally gwaine, percivap, Elyan, or Leon would defend merlin in this situation. And almost everybody goes to the physician all the time and not one person notices that merlin is replaced by a 12 year old? And where is Gwen she isn't LIVING in the lower town is she?
Marckzzz chapter 17 . 12/30/2013
If you love Merlin as a character all I can say is don't read this story, for the sake of your own sanity just... Don't.
Elaine du Lac chapter 17 . 12/18/2013
While reading your wonderful story, I sometimes would stop to wonder what the rest of the castle would think of Merlin sleeping in the king's bed WITH the King since it seems like some of the knights in the earlier chapters (the drunken knights) already think that Merlin was warming the king's bed ("charms" and "whore") and seemed like they dearly wanted to sample the king's supposed lover. I know this story has dropped a lot of hints towards a few homosexual practices in the castle (like Gwaine courting servant boys) which includes what I think seems like a near-rape scene with those drunken knights and Merlin. Did I read your intentions right? Or was I wearing slash goggles?
jacknhut chapter 17 . 7/30/2013
I felt sorry for Merlin after everything that he had to endure. This entire thing was Arthur's fault and in the end I was hoping Merlin could at least make Arthur feel guilty by behaving just like the "perfect servant" using Yes Sire, No sire, my lord, etc for a few days instead of answering "Okay", or "I forgive you" or "Everything is fine, don't worry about it" every time Arthur tried to make it up for putting Merlin through hell in the past month.

Merlin's forgiveness is so easily earned in this story that it makes me feel like Arthur doesn't have to really do much to regain Merlin's friendship especially after everything that Arthur put him through and all the sacrifice Merlin made over the years.
Virebax chapter 18 . 7/25/2013
I loved your story. Great plot with Merlin trapped in disgrace and disregard.
I felt the end, after the discovery by Arthur of what happened, was a bit rushed. I can't help wondering what happened to Merlin between the earthquake and the comforting piece. And I think there's no way at all that Merlin would not go to his mother's burial even if it means leaving his post in Camelot. He can always come back later.
But I loved it really. Thank you very much for the good reading.
Will you write another story?
Vow of Serenity chapter 17 . 7/24/2013
Wow...this was a well written fic...I felt like the ending was bit too short...but otherwise I enjoyed it...Its definitely being added to my favorites.
yay chapter 17 . 7/23/2013
The steward and the healer are both Marcus?
yay chapter 11 . 7/23/2013
Yay for the knights!
yay chapter 2 . 7/22/2013
Why is Arthur acting so mean and uncaring? Is it magic?
yay chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
So a) he's homeless b) they're being visited by people who need to be impressed with Camelot's antimagicness and c) proof of his magicness is in the posession of someone who has already shown that they will lie to get him in trouble. Oh dear.
Guest chapter 18 . 6/7/2013
Gag I can't believe this fic is complete
It's been almost a month and I still have it saved on my bookmarks
I pass it nearly everyday an I really hope you write a sequel if you have time because this is beautiful 3
Helca Maica chapter 17 . 6/7/2013
Wonderfull story! :D I loved the angst (must always love the angst!) and the way the story developed. Merthur!friendship is the best, especially when Arthur stands up for Merlin! Thank you for writing this! ;)

Cheers!
DarkestHourBeforeTheDawn chapter 18 . 5/31/2013
WOW! That was a really great story! Good job ;)
Time's Quill chapter 17 . 5/25/2013
This was adorable. Great job! :)
Veilwuarrah chapter 18 . 5/20/2013
ps. yes.. this was needed..
Well done!