Reviews for How to Carry On
Guest chapter 4 . 5/10/2019
I find this a more realistic back drop to whats going in why goten has yamcha girl hungry attitude but is still stronger than most but not why gohan adopted yamchas chi chi sercretly loves yamacha.i believe a rwal strong yamcha romance and power arc is over due for the old wolf he's just growing popularity lately.
Kitty in the Box chapter 7 . 9/21/2017
OMG I am so happy I read this. I look forward to the update. OMG I hope this turns out to be a full blown Chichi x Yamcha fic please, please. I really ship them both. This is turning out to be so good. I absolutely love Vegeta and Piccolo reluctant involvement in this issue. Vegeta's responses were so on point.
elleelle chapter 7 . 9/24/2012
Wow. This is a great chichi centric story. I really hope you write more!
hinata654 chapter 7 . 8/17/2004
oh man, not a writer? this is good stuff! thanks for reviewing my fic, can't wait to see what happenes in next ch.
Setsumi-san chapter 7 . 10/25/2003
Oh.

My.

Frikkin'.

Gosh.

You have NO idea how much I love this couple and this story. You portray the developing emotions between Yamcha and Chichi so well and realistically. I've always thought they'd go together much better than Goku and Chichi. Please continue. I honestly think that if you polished up a bit; you could be a professional author.
v son sayian chapter 7 . 10/4/2003
will this ever be right?
Micky chapter 4 . 6/23/2003
I only got through chapter four so far, but it's a really good fic, not many people ever focus on Chichi and you really captured her character. - I said it before, and I'll say it again, you are a REALLY good writer.
lynnxlady chapter 7 . 5/18/2003
Gohan's figured it out, huh? LOL, Vegeta's comments. Surprising how he can sometimes be wise in his own obnoxious way. *goes to look at the 'last updated' date* Two months since the last update? Maybe this is good, because that means an update can't be *too* far off. Anyway, please update soon. I love ChiChi/Yamcha together. They make sense, at least in the way you've written it.
lynnxlady chapter 6 . 5/18/2003
*grinz happily* They kissed! *another happy grin* But of course, this will complicate things, and mess up the whole "comfortable" deal they had going on.

Oh yeah. And I love the whole friendship deal you built up with them. Friendships are interesting things in and of themselves, as in the little building blocks that make one up. Well, interesting to me anyway. The focus of fanfic is generally on romance, and often goes right to the romance. Which is nice too, in some cases, but friends-first-then-the-pairing is even better.

And did I mention yet how much I love that guy? I think I did, but its worth mentioning again. Lol, poor Yamcha, having to heft a SuperSaiyan-worthy trunk.
lynnxlady chapter 5 . 5/18/2003
Yamcha is so damn nice, isn't he? I don't know why I like him so much, because I usually like the jerks/bad-guys-who-maybe-aren't-completely-bad/villains. That type of character. But something about that guy makes me go all fangirly over him. *grins* I love this fic.

One thing-y'might want to type out numbers as words, instead of as, er, numbers. Looks a bit sloppy like that. But hey, whatever. *eyes the clock* I think I have time for more.
lynnxlady chapter 3 . 5/18/2003
Hey. Love how you're writing ChiChi. Her financial plans and making the best out of Goku's range of talents fit her so perfectly. She's so fricking smart, in a common sense sort of way. Love that about her. Anyway. Onto the next chapter.
Secretsquirl chapter 7 . 5/12/2003
Heh . sorry it took me s long to read your chappie...I've been boged down with school work the past few months...and the ugh! my computer crashed and I've been trying to catch up on everything ever since LOL!

Anyhoo...onto the chapter! Awesome! Great choice to have Gohan accepting if his mom was to see another man...I mean Goku is dead Piccolo's right, if he really cared so much he would have let them wish him back with the dragon balls..

"But I want to know what the woman could possibly have done that is so terrible. I'm sure she hasn't gone out and purged any planets. I'm just as sure she hasn't gone on a killing spree. What the hell could she have done that's so bad? Burn dinner?" - LOL! You got Vegeta's chacter head on with that line!

And uh-oh! It seems Gohan's figured out that Yamucha was the one who kissed his mom...*grins* I wonder what he'll do about it!

This is getting so good! I hope you can get the next chapter out soon! Thanks for e-mailing by the way, I would have missed the update if it wasn't for that hehehe .
Ginyu Jiece chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
I personally thought it was a pretty good story. I liked how you gave Chi Chi's feelings on things. Good decriptive words, too. Over all very good. )
tim333 chapter 5 . 4/4/2003
I like this story a lot. It feels like a story about real people, and that's always more meaningful. At the same time, you have handled the characters quite well - it's nice to see Yamucha and Chichi handled fairly, these are characters that get a lot of harassment.

Running away wasn't the best thing for Yamucha to do, but it's certainly understandable. He just doesn't want to do the wrong thing. Chichi's reaction is also easy to see. Poor Chichi. With confusing support from everyone (I doubt even Goku would object), she remains bound by her heartfelt devotion to a dead man.

I hope that I can read more of this story in the future. You have captured my interest.
Jzara-Sheer chapter 7 . 4/3/2003
Wow when I first started this story I was like

"Wow! Someone who is showing the other side of chichi's personality!" (I'm am a chichi fan) I adore this story thus far! I wish we could se a lil more into the days and years... but heck its really fine as is. Great idea and great story. I'm sad though..I really want to read more..lol...LOL now i know how some of my friends feel waiting for me to put out my next chapter..lol