Reviews for How to Carry On
Nisha chapter 7 . 3/19/2003
O! I like...
InsaneKitchenObject chapter 7 . 3/17/2003
I LOVED how you built the relationship between Chi Chi and Yamcha. This fic is extremely well written, just for the fact it has TASTE! I love the pairing, and how you bring them together. Chi Chi is lovely, always is, I think it's ashame she's often portrayed as just the bitching wife of Goku. The last chapter was really sad, but hilarious too, with the Vegeta comments in between :)

But what I liked most was the kissing seen. A single kiss, but it means SO much! Yay for Yamcha freaking out! It was only the right thing at that time, kept the story going, but now you have to bring him back!

I'm VERY curious on how you will do that!

Vegeta rocks, haha. I loved how you smoothly use his comments in the story. It's a great story, update soon!
SHADOWKamen chapter 7 . 3/14/2003
Very good! :) Keep it up!
Bucky chapter 7 . 3/8/2003
It's SO nice and refreshing to read something that is written with taste! Not cluttered with lust or smut. Thank you! A kiss is a HUGE deal to a woman who is still loyal to a dead husband. The way you used Vegeta in this chapter cracked me up.

"How in the seven hells do you betray a dead man?"

lol! The voice of reason! And Vegeta, no less! Don't wait so long in between updates, k? Can't wait for the next chapter!
Nisha chapter 6 . 2/28/2003
I forgot all about this fic. Sorry. I'm reading way too many at once. This was a really good chapter.
Yamchas Big Pants chapter 6 . 12/28/2002
PLEASE! finish this fic...that is, I am assuming that it is not already finished. PLEASE! Finish it, it's fantastic and a very well written story so PLEASEEEE!
CellCloneBot chapter 6 . 12/2/2002
Short chapter, but some more good will writing about that all so underrated character, Yamcha. I'm glad to have read new material from this project.
Crash chapter 6 . 11/29/2002
Man, I just breezed through one of the worst Yamcha-is-a-dog stories. Guah!

Tahnks. I needed an update for this story. So sweet. So cute. Such a benign treatment... Someone who actually understands the character.

Yeah, those last five paragraphs were great. And the birthday chapter, if I didn't mention earlier, was hilarious. Hope life lets you write more.

'Til later.
Bucky chapter 6 . 11/28/2002
OH MY WORD.

Okay. Now that you've established a wonderful platonic relationship between them over hte past five chapters, you went and hit us with THIS! WOO HOO! I could totally see him busting a gut. It's like when someone falls on their butt in public, and they can't help but to break the tension by laughing heartily at themselves.

Very good scene. And the spontanaeity of the kiss was also believable. And even better - HA! You had him freak out and fly away! THAT right there is going to keep me sporking you for an update. You were smart to make sure it didn't go smoothly, or else the fic would have ended.

So yeah. We finally get a little kiss. It was brilliance to have Yamcha just panic and take off. I'm DYING to see what's going on inside his head, so HURRY with the next chapter! It was a great scene!

And dude. POOR Chi Chi. She's been struggling with her self esteem as it is, and now to have him just take off like that, I bet she feels about an inch tall now. She might think he's just outright repulsed by her.

Ok. Update. NOW. lol! Must see where this is going!
Secretsquirl chapter 6 . 11/26/2002
_ THANK YOU!

I've been waiting so long for an update and it was definantly worth the wait! That kiss was so sweet! Have to admit, I was surprise Yamucha pulled away but actually, I think that that's very in character for him considering his usual shyness with women and closeness, Chi-Chi kissing him must have sent him for a whirl, especially since she was the only girl he wasn't scared of from the get go...given he got over his fear of Bulma.

Well, I've already praised you for the set up and pacing of this fic. but I gotta say it again, it's moving along so perfectly! and the subtle humor in it is sweet, you definantly have a knack for writing Yamucha in character...in his ACTUAL character...that in itself makes this fic. one in a million, damn those Yamucha basher!

Bah! You cliffhangered it! and it was getting so good! I loved it! I'm dying for the next chapter whenever you can get it out...believe me though, I totally understand about life getting in they way but thank you sooooo much for releasing this chapter and e-mailing me to tell me!

This is like the only Chi-Chi/Yamucha romance I've seen and you're doing an awesome job!
elektra642000 chapter 6 . 11/26/2002
Dammit! Why'd he have to go and fly away like that? Is it because he was kissed by Chichi "Son Goku's widow"? Or is it because he was kissed by a beautiful woman and he's still shy around women after all these years? Or maybe both? This is good, please update!
Secretsquirl chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
*poke*

*nudge*

Pssstt! I want another chapter! _ PLEASEEE!
Nisha chapter 5 . 10/6/2002
Great story! Please update... Are Yamcha and Chi-Chi gonna fall for each other?
Bucky chapter 5 . 10/4/2002
Ack! When did I miss the update?

You are TOTALLY right. This is definitely going at a real life pace, and is refreshing. You're doing so much to show their friendship. I couldn't commend you more. It's sweet, and innocent, and Yamcha is such a doll. WRITE MORE NOW! _ I bet that hug triggered something in him. I bet I bet :) And you know, when things start happening between them (if they do), it'll carry ten times the impact because you took the time to establish their friendship first. Good job. :)
Crash chapter 5 . 9/29/2002
Yamcha is...IRON CHEF!

Guess all that time living as a bachelor paid off after all. Liked the bickering between adaults at the party. This is looking like a pretty fun fic. That is, unless you remember the prolog, which reminds us things _will_ go downhill... Ah well, keep at it.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »