Reviews for Devil May Cry: Revelations
MangamanZX chapter 42 . 2/10
This was cheesy

Favorited :)
Sacrificial Shapeshifter chapter 42 . 12/29/2014
For those who have not finished the fic, the following review contains spoilers.

First of all, well done to finishing this long epic fic. Finishing well-planned and well-executed works are not easy and requires perseverance – so kudos to you. There are many elements in this story that I liked such as the fight scenes, the characterisation/development of Dante and the wit of the dialogue (such as the Nero/Dante fight scene where Dante loses). The expansion of Devil May Cry (DMC) mythology was notable in this story and it’s really nice for DMC to get such an intellectual interpretation incorporating elements of the Book of Revelations. While the Book of Revelations is not original, weaving it with the existing DMC universe was very innovative and a definite highlight in this work. I also enjoyed that Kyrie could fight rather than simply being passive or exist only to provide love interest to a male character.

However, there were some mysterious parts which raised some questions. For example, Dante’s companions which were brought back using the golden ring (chapter 29). What are they exactly? Are these characters ghosts (which are already dead)? If so, how can they still die in battle? Where do they go when the connection is broken? Given the supernatural themes of the story, the lack of answers could be accepted but it would be more intellectually satisfying to have an explanation as well (I did not see any explanation but I have only read the story once, so I apologise if I have missed anything). Having mentioned this, it tugs at the heart strings to read that the Sparda family and their friends are united in battle in one spirit (albeit briefly) and the prolonged fight scenes which subsequently unfolded were therefore also memorable.

Overall, a memorable epic story with novel elements that also felt consistent with the Devil May Cry universe. Maybe the writer of DMC5 should consult you for some ideas! I am also open to reading some of your original works (PM me the names if you are interested). Thanks for writing.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 21 . 12/10/2014
While I do find your interpretations of Nero and Sparda interesting, I have to say something here, it's rather sad that you made Nero the antagonists, according to the wiki some one from the localization team has confirmed the hints of the novel that has Nero as a protagonist or important character, the hints being that he is the son of Virgil, hence why he could wield Yamato with such ease and why he could repair it.
MJTR chapter 41 . 10/25/2014
Talk is currently a little difficult to make out for sure what is fact and what is rumors, but there is some talking spread that we're getting a new, Classic series Devil May Cry in 2015. Damn do I hope so, and damn would I love to pretend I had something to do with it P
Guest chapter 41 . 8/29/2014
This really is just an a amazing story. the ending was beautiful and epic. U had great points on philosophy and fantastic dialogue to add. Great job if only u was the brains behind a DMC 5...
Bounty Hunter Vincent Vega chapter 42 . 6/20/2014
I thought I stop by once more to congratulate you on completing this juggernaut of a fan fiction. Especially taking into consideration how long it is and the fandom you are writing for. However my opinion still has not yet changed as to what I think of this story. That is not all that I have to say though.

Your commentary section at the end and what you had to say compelled me to respond.

Spider-Man Reign sounds to me like it was written by some depressed adult going through a midlife crisis. The idea of Peter Parker being bitter and cynical just sounds completely dumb to me and is way too out there to be taken seriously. While yes Peter has experienced hardships in his life such as the death of Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy,he always find a way to bounce back. That is part of what makes him so endearing.

You also left out how exactly Mary Jane Watson dies. But hey for anyone here who like me does not read comic books,I'll tell you how. He killed her with his radioactive semen. I wish I was making this shit up.

A little girl gets needlessly and viciously murdered by the police and, at one point, Spider-Man is carried to a cemetery by the robotic arms of the now-deceased Dr. Octopus (while the corpse is still fucking attached).

When did Spider-man became The fucking Punisher?
If Spider-Man fans wanted to read The Punisher, then they would read The Punisher.

Not every superhero is fit for a gritty story.

Thanks to Cracked for the information.

I'm sorry to hear that you dislike Devil May Cry 4 so much. You're entitled to your own opinion although some of your reasons for disliking it I do take issues with such as:

Dante being shuffled to the side. Metal Gear Solid 2 did this exact same thing years ago with Solid Snake and well the backlash was extremely bad. Granted Raiden was lot more developed than Nero in terms of backstory,personality,gameplay and so on, but the way I see it,both characters helped their respective main heroes.

Trish and Lady are very important to Dante. Inf act without them Dante would not be the man he is now.

Final Fantasy of the most part has Bond girls.

The difference is that unlike Kratos and other brainless meatheads like him Nero had the right mix of vulgar and gentleness. But I don't mind that you loathe him so much.

I despise the Vatican and religion as a whole so I did not mind the blatant symbolism.

Some people like damsel in distress and we shouldn't force every single woman or man to be badass typical GI janes either.

But I do agree with you about Kyrie needing personality.

Your assessment of the reboot is spot on and I fully agree with you on that front.
Be Rose chapter 42 . 6/19/2014
I'm glad I followed my friend's advice and read this story. I thought it would read it a couple of chapters at a time. Instead I was so gripped by this that I read the lot in two sittings.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for a gripping tale with a lovely ending.

Be Rose
SirenaLoreley chapter 42 . 6/19/2014
Amazing, truly amazing. Not only the chapter itself, but all the explanations at the end. It left a lot of questions I had finally answered for me. Thanks!
Take care and good luck!
Jimli chapter 42 . 6/19/2014
On top of the interesting bonus boss, which was awesome, by the way, I think I'd like to say thank you.

I've tried before to express what the core difference between DMC and DmC is, to me, at least, and what I figure most original canon fans were feeling. Words like 'cheap', 'crap', etc, while accurate on many levels, are also insulting, and when you start with insults, you can never convey your defense in a convincing manner. You usually just end up being called a hater (which I've always thought was a stupid term).

I think your discussion here, with regards to the reboot, covers it nicely, logically, and with feeling with degenerating into schoolyard name-calling. (Although not above that entirely, which is also okay. :) )

I especially enjoyed your last comments on themes. :)

Also, not to dump on your arguments, but I thought Nero's name was something a lot simpler: the Italian word for black, something about the color of blanket he was found in..? Kind of messes up your symbolism (in a way), but often things in DMC have more than one meaning anyway.

Mostly, just thank you.

Jimli
Guest chapter 12 . 2/13/2014
You underestimate how syronh Dante is.y
Guest chapter 10 . 2/13/2014
Why is Dante so weak! He defeated Arogosax, fought mundas, fought mundas of a different dimesion in Devilay Cry 2 Novel prewuel to Devil May Cry 2. He really gotten weaker
Guest chapter 7 . 2/13/2014
Remember Devil Triger. Though i highly doubt anyone short of Mundas would force Dante to use Devil Triger
Guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
You should not be so judgemental with Devil May Cry 4. It is acually good. You should play it again and give it a chance. The only reason they add nero was the staff admitted that Dante was Overpowered in the classic series. I find DmC Devil May Cry rushed , it have decent plot and nice combat system. However the game is not really Challenging and epic, i also find Virgil's motive for being evil stupid, Dante in DmC had a Tragic childhood and a backstory Darker than his brother. The Virgil in the classic at least had a better motive than his DmC Counterpart, he wanted more power because his mother died and felt that getting stronger to kill mundas would avenge her death, sadly he lost himself by rejectimg his human side to avoid the Emotional pain. Classic Virgil hates his own existense, he see himself as a abomination, and wants to be like his father to prove his own existense, however his father embraced Humanity. Virgil can only wield Sparda if he embraced Humanity like his brother. Spoiler Alert: they might work on Devil May Cry 5
Jimli chapter 41 . 2/2/2014
A very nice epilogue to a great story.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this all the way, ups, downs, ins, outs. You delivered excellent action, tugged on heartstrings, fleshed out the characters while keeping them who they were.

I simply love this story.

Thank you very much.

Jimli
SirenaLoreley chapter 41 . 2/2/2014
The ending was... just... epic. A legend ends but another begins, and Sparda's legacy continues...
Thanks you... THANK YOU so much for this amazing adventure.
Take care and good luck!