Reviews for Gift Horse
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
There's something wise in Caboose's dumb reply here- Wash can't leave behind his history, but he can't give up on the future these surprisingly awesome sim troopers are offering him, either. This really captured the disbelief Wash showed at the BGC's geniune, unselfish kindness.
glittering wolf chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Awwww! Friendship!
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
"I would have left me for dead" is the best fan!Wash line I have read all week. It's funny and clever but then hurts after a moment, because between Epsilon and the Director he's got a history of that by association. Nice work. I also love your Red/Blue dialogue in the beginning about the white-out; you really took that joke and ran with it just like they do in the show. His mistaking Doc for North was heartwrenching too.

Augh, the neutrality he feels. Neither death nor life is good for him at this point. Your Wash really is in-character, showing all the sadness of his Recollection self. The link between the teams' bond and their weariness really works to make this feel like it's part of the Recollection world as well.

""You look misleadingly competent right now,"" LOL

"Maybe he doesn't have a head." LOL PERFECT.

I really like how Wash can't stand up at first - it reminds me of him tripping around after the Warthog ran him over - and the phrase "mosaic world". (While we're at it, "intact" is one word, and the names of things like "pelican" should be capitalized.)

This was a very good story; very entertaining, and it works as a plausible missing scene.

And, "I would have left me for dead." Favorite line.