Reviews for Shards To A Whole
judygrasham chapter 445 . 3/20
I think you've done a good job with a difficult subject. I've seen poly quads before...and honestly, none of them worked out over the long term. The part of human beings that say "Mine" is really hard to set down. So I think you chose the right angle to use for Tony. Given the background you have constructed, the character is responding in a natural way.

Interestingly enough, I'm finding myself more involved in the non-sexual/non-polyamory parts of your story. There's only so many ways you can have sex scenes play out, but the cases can be endlessly inventive. I haven't followed the Shards version (partly because I am still catching up!) but that may happen later. I'll be honest: when the sex scenes come up I'm scrolling to the end to get back to the story. Not because I'm offended, or think they are gross or icky. They just aren't as interesting to me as your taut, well-written case stories.

Anyway, you are an excellent writer and I appreciate your care and craft. Keep it up!
judygrasham chapter 315 . 3/15
I know you wrote this a long time ago...but it's really good.

I get Tim. I do. He has every right to cut ties with his mom.

But I get her, too. Her motives were right even if the implementation was all wrong. Parents do the best they can with what they know. I wish Tim could at least keep her motivations in mind. Nobody (well, hardly anyone) is a complete villain. And she apologized over and over, recognizing her fault and responsibility. His failure to recognize her flawed humanity is not going to be comforting to him.

So: excellent writing, and I applaud your ability to bring these oh-so-human flaws into the light.
Griffindor-Mom chapter 608 . 3/2
I really enjoyed the journey. I was wondering if Tim would ever forgive his Mom? I would like to that.
Theta60 chapter 609 . 2/3
hey Keryl i do believe that Annapolis is navy only i think marines would go to west point for officer tranning straight out of high school and will we see an of the Mcpalmer Kids at the FBI or NCIS
Momcat chapter 609 . 1/2
Hello Keryl, I wanted to start by wishing you, your family and my fellow fans a Happy New Year. May 2018 bring you health, peace and everything you wish for. Back to the story, it seems that one of my questions was as well as Mother Oracle's (what a coincidence, our review name is kind of similar ). I feel very curious about Tim's reaction to his father's death. Will he feel relieved that he won't have to deal with the fear of having John at his back all the time ? Or Tim being Tim, slightly guilty (but hopefully not too much) for putting him into prison ? Apparently you decided that Penny shouldn't learn about it. Interesting, I always have the impression that she and Ducky are immortals ! The second question is the children's reaction to their parents style of life together once they will grow up enough to understand what's going on, and theirs schoolmates's, teachers's and other people's reaction (other that family members). I'm glad that you decided that Tim's uncles should protect him from cruel people. My last question is of course Sean's future with his hearing problem. As a mother of a disabled, I would very much like to have glimpses of his life, schooling, and job possibilities with his disability. I'm with Levana, I would also love to see at least one of the kids join the Navy or the Army. Take care.
Catherine flowermonkey chapter 609 . 12/31/2017
Thank you so much for all the evenings of reading. I enjoyed the way you wove the stories of each character. The interweaving of live, loves, anger and pain which showed each person maturing. The McPalmer relationship was something which I had never come across before. You captured their initially hesitant moves that developed into a family.

I now like and buy Black Phoenix Alchemy products after reading about them in Shards.

What happens with the rescuing of exploited children arc? I can see them sailing in the dark out running smugglers.

How does Sean adapt to his cochlear implant?

Does any of the actions taken during the downfall return to haunt them either physically or mentally in the longer turn. I liked how you wrote them during and after the fall. The intensity of being in a survival situation.

There are so many thoughts. At the moment it's almost raw knowing its not continuing but branching out.

Thank you again.
Catherine x
Sigh chapter 381 . 12/27/2017
Jimmy's. Frigging drama queen and all tim is good for is licking his balls. Seriously.
Wondering chapter 324 . 12/24/2017
Are you still willing to write that Tiva scene for five bucks? Where do I sign up?
hi chapter 609 . 12/24/2017
Will you ever make a very long story like this about dinozzo and gibbs together. Because i found them great together and they were very important for the show and certainly there interaction. The NCIS fandom has rather sadly not really long stories about them.

Still i found that they have dealt with tony leaving the show in a wrong way since there tony/gibbs interaction was so important for the show; it is sad that he was very little mentioned afterward for example gibbs still having contact with him and keeping up with the stuff tony does,...
Theta60 chapter 608 . 12/22/2017
I love this Chapter and I will always love the Shard Verse I'm sad to see it end and I will look forward to new stuff from you
petrichorgirl chapter 608 . 12/19/2017
I can’t believe it’s been five years. I don’t remember when I discovered this story, but I’m so glad I did. I don’t really have the words to describe this story, but I’ll try: incredible, fantastical, enthralling, heart-wrenching, joyous. These characters fill my heart with joy and with hope that I can have relationships like these. That blood is not what makes a family. Thank you for a wonderful five years ️
mother oracle chapter 608 . 12/18/2017
You know you made me cry. I will definitely miss the regular updates(as you well know the story could go on forever). Not only is Tim whole now- so is Gibbs. That's a good thing!
Questions:
What is Tim's reaction to John's death?
Are the uncles okay with the extended marriage? Enquiring minds want to know!
I'm sure there will be more.
Thanks for the wonderful and wondrous read... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
-Naj
Theta60 chapter 49 . 12/17/2017
I really love this version of Gibbs
Guest chapter 608 . 12/15/2017
Goodbye. Thanks for the last 5 years. Its been a rollercoaster, but I have enjoyed every minute.
Momcat chapter 608 . 12/14/2017
Hey, just another thing. When I looked at the reviews, I realized that my review of chapter 607 was posted under the name of "Guest" instead of Momcat. Did I forget to write my name before posting it? If it's so, I'm sorry for the mistake. I don't know if it's possible to correct it but I would love you to know that it was my review. See you in your other/new stories. Hugs.
2,525 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »