Reviews for My Seer, My Secretary
Agafa Shelly chapter 7 . 12/9/2013
I agree with the others below and this one is the best donatelloxirma dyamatic!
Myst Knight chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
You've got the Donatello/Irma dynamic down pat. Donatello's irritability at Irma's single-minded intrusions comes less from contempt and more from an intimate knowledge of how Irma's mind works. Irma chats with him easily, and knows she can rely on him, despite his initial standoffishness. It's easy to tell that the characters like each other, and most importantly, it's fun to read, so good job so far.
C-T-CT chapter 9 . 2/1/2013
That's pushing it even further WAY outside the OT tone by making Rocksteady clean Shredder's feet with his lips? Um... you're gravitating away from the OT more and more.
I enjoyed having a fanfiction story that focused on one of the Turtles more, and went into the bond between Donatello and Irma. It was a good read and enjoyable since SO many other fics tend to corrupt that bond by having "adult" influences.
C-T-CT chapter 8 . 2/1/2013
The explanation from Shredder about Irma's damage to the Technodrome was hilariously good. I can see where the "How do we get turned off" joke by Bebop and the response by Irma was pushing the joke too far, and with Rexington using the "nothing gets me hotter than a thieving female" remark, and the Rexington deposits on the floor. It was really sticking to the tone of the OT.

The "Oh Gravity..." remark was a clever reference to the Sky Turtles episode.

I enjoyed the heartfelt remark with Michelangelo saying that he knows a good place for the toy. It was adorable. Still love and enjoy the character dialogues with each other, especially Raphael's quips.
C-T-CT chapter 7 . 2/1/2013
Rexington coming to life... Hmm... The moment was cute and funny with April and Michelangelo.
C-T-CT chapter 6 . 2/1/2013
Interesting twist with Vernon becoming Verna. Good in-character conversations with Irma, Vernon, and Burne!
C-T-CT chapter 5 . 2/1/2013
Interesting turn of events with Irma predicting the future.
C-T-CT chapter 3 . 1/31/2013
I see you're pushing the envelope a bit by upping the violence in the Technodrome scene by including blood ("alkite, his lip slashed open by the steel on Shredder's gauntlet, spat the blood in the direction of his captors.") and the torture scene with the worms in the ears part also ("nibbling at the flesh and making a nest for itself in the tiny holes produced.") Again, I don't know how far you want to push the violence aspect since I'm pretty sure you wanted to make it very close to the OT tone/feeling, but I'm not complaining or anything. I still enjoy it!

Love the reference back to "Turtles Forever", I know most fans like to place it somewhere within Season 3 of the OT just because the Technodrome was found "within the Earth", but one huge plot hole was the upgraded Technodrome so I prefer "Turtles Forever" to be after the series finale too when, I'd like to assume, Shredder and Krang restored the abandoned Technodrome. ...It's just easier from a continuity perspective.

It's interesting with the crystal possibly influencing the dimensional portal...? Another good Irma and Don scene Zarius!
C-T-CT chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
The moments between Donatello and Irma were funny.

One thing that might help in visually presenting the story is combining the words, thoughts, and actions of a character in one paragraph. For example:

"Say, why don't' I pop in and cheer you up? I'll even bring Pizza" Irma proposed.

Donatello scratched his chin, pondering the prospect. He knew Irma, despite her kinks, would be more fascinated in his work than the others, and might even encourage him a bit, boosting his ego with a perky motivational speech. With Leonardo taking the Turtle Van out for a midnight drive, Raphael at a comedy club, and Michelangelo and April making fun of a particularly dull play, he realized that, while he was grateful for the peace and solidarity, the continued presence of his dizzy spells and lack of real communication were likely the cause of his raised apprehension levels. He was not acquainted with long-term isolation, and needed someone to bounce off of, someone less in tune with what he specialised in, he desired an outsiders perspective. "You know, that isn't half a bad idea" he said, "Come on down".

Irma smiled at this. "Righty ho Neighbour" she said, putting on a mock salute. Donatello laughed, and Irma turned off the Turtle-Com from her end.

As she made preparations for her trip, Irma heard a sudden shattering of glass. "What in tarnation was that?" she said, and rushed over to her kitchen window to investigate.

There, lying on her kitchen sink, a small, but sizeable crack left in the window serving as the point of entry, was a sparkling crystal object. "What is this?" Irma said, picking it up and gently caressing it in her hand "It's beautiful…caused a bit of damage to my window though. The magpies must be being fed steroids by the government or something."

She took note of the errant green and white glow emanating from the jewel. "Wonder what's up with the light show?" she said "I'll give it to Donatello, and see what he makes of it"

It's up to you, but visually it helps the reader to join the actions, thoughts, and phrases in one piece rather than a new line for each one which can make it visually repetitive. I gave Irma more than one paragraph because it's a new perspective each time the crystal is described, and then Irma has a reaction to each new description.

A small spelling error, it should "cozy" and not "cosy" in the beginning.

You are spot on with the characters and their interaction with each other! I can tell you really focused in on them in the show with their quirks and conversational vocabulary.
C-T-CT chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Good start! I liked how you kept the reader in suspense and revealing Bebop and Rocksteady near the end of the chapter.
Brooke Thomas chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
Poor Irma she's in a pickle now! You have a real flair for writing in the OT verse, it's convincing. There's a good balance going on with the story.
BubblyShell22 chapter 9 . 1/27/2013
Awesome ending. Yeah, Bebop and Rocksteady failed yet again. And I can see Irma doing something like that, too. You have two mistakes: Turtles lair should be Turtles' lair and sie should be side. Other than that, nicely done on this ending. I'll be eagerly awaiting your next story.

BubblyShell22 chapter 8 . 1/27/2013
Awesome chapter. I liked Irma's quips about guys and how she handled Thompson at the end. I would have done that, too. A few mistakes I caught: You're should be your, turkies should be turkeys, and subjects should be subject's. Other than that, good job. I'll be eagerly awaiting an update.

Brooke Thomas chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
Something tells me Irma will be getting that salary increase! Lol, beebop and rocksteady as waiters, I can picture that. Good stuff.
BubblyShell22 chapter 7 . 1/27/2013
Awesome chapter. Yep, Irma's in for it now as I knew she would be. You have one mistake. Prescience should be presence. Other than that, good job. I'll be eagerly awaiting an update.