Reviews for Perry Mason TCOT Evil Eight
Laura chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
Drama, drama... more drama and some drama on top. Gods, I know: Shonda Rhymes and dudettes, their shows fly these days. But PM is fun coz he didn't do the heartbreak waltz with D. So why the need to dig up hurt & tears? Why give PM/DS such a self-destructive, co-dependent (and frankly adolescent) dynamic?! I think it puts 'em both down and is rather sad, esp when you admit that you believe "he has made quite a practice out of hurting our girl. But it just makes their love real and therefore greater to me anyway."

Sorry, I'm not a fan of this, nor the idea you have of a union that's spanned so many decades. Also, I disagree with one commentator here about the usage of real life trivia. That's just as iffy as going graphic on the sheet tango or letting D say "bitch". But the 1st couple of chapters def had their awesome moments, esp what you said about the times they are a-changin'. So thanx for that.
likes-it-bubbly chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
I'm happy you continued this although your conclusion is a little too graphic for me. There were also a couple of words that threw me coming from Della but I'm rather sensitive to that in general.

Perry's explanation that he "got tired of writing opinions" has always been one of my favorite sentences - so pregnant with meaning! I still prefer the surprise element of his move, but you definitely presented us with another take on it. Interesting.

Your explanation of the TV movie tidbits in the comment section is also rather interesting because I interpret everything you mention differently and the mere thought of Kaitlynn being Perry's daughter, for example, would break my heart.
BTA chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
This was a lovely story and I enjoyed all of it. I love to read stories about the 8 years apart because it seems so inconsistent with all we know that there had to be something behind it. I also love the older Perry and Della stories. Please keep sharing your stories, they're wonderful!
DNPLC chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
Marti, I went back and forth and back and forth on that. The other couple of stories I'm working on aren't that...uh...detailed. Everyone, thanks so much for all of your comments and input!
Marti chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
A good story but a little to graphic for me. You are a good writer so don't think u need to go that far
to tell a good story.
EastEnder chapter 8 . 1/25/2013
Glad you added this chapter as it flows better. Loved your account of how they spent those lost years. Yes I agree Perry must have cheated on her over the years but he always realised his one and only real love was Della. Thank you for writing this story. Look forward to reading more of your work. EE
StartWriting chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
Oh yes! I cannot begin to describe how much I loved this, thank you for sharing, thanks for the brilliant explanation, thanks for a treat. I love the steam, the love, the story, really. It inspires me to continue my stories, thank you so much. Oh, did I mention 'thank you'?
OED fan chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
I always felt the 1985 movie was an ill-conceived attempt at fan fiction, not a well-written or even decently researched one at that. They didn't seem to know the characters very well and inconsistencies litter the following episodes.

Your story does a very good job of working with these impossibilities and you have crafted a believable back story for those strange eight years. I only wish you could have there to do some reworking of the original script; I might have understood the characters and enjoyed the movie more.

Thank you for sharing your talent; I look forward to reading more of your work.
tengland2 chapter 7 . 1/24/2013
Wanted to see other people. Perry was just so uncaring. Looking forward to more.
tengland2 chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
Glad young Katie was paying enough attention to Della's reactions to Perry being in the room. Neither of them were doing very well apart. Glad to see everyont that showed up to be with Perry and went off to donate blood. Glad both Pauls were able to see her. Loved the fact Katie had no problem telling Perry he looked worse than Della.
coachsone chapter 7 . 1/24/2013
O my, this has to be one, if not the best PM stories I have ever read. Thank you for sharing. Now get back to work on the next chapter.
DNPLC chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Oh, Marti! Would that that were true. But, in the end, he has his flaws. If you chart the story lines (and I have, believe me...) he cheated on her at least twice and they were at least somewhat apart from '77 to '85. Okay, here goes:
According to TPMM Defiant Daughter,1990, Della says they had been together for 40 years, that means 1950.
According to TPMM Lost Love, 1987, he and Laura had an affair 30 years before, that would be 1957 years after they were together. Della clearly jealous in this episode in many areas. At the end, standing on the steps in white, she's just waiting to see what he is going to do and her relief is palpable.
Then you have the one I think that we all love to hate, TPMM The Heartbroken Bride, 1992, where Della wants to know how he came to know Laura Parrish. He says they met each other 25 years ago at Georgetown and the implications is that her daughter may well be his. (Someone wrote a GREAT fanfic dispelling the idea that she was his, one of my favs...) So he would have cheated again in '67 and for a while that one was...
Lastly, I and disagreed with this, he gave Laura quite a tonsillectomy at the beginning of Lost Love, in the doorway of her manse.
No, much as I love him, he has made quite a practice out of hurting our girl. But it just makes their love real and therefore greater to me anyway... :) Thanks for even bothering to write, though! It means a lot!
tengland2 chapter 4 . 1/24/2013
Perry knows her all to well. Reminds me of something out of the Titanic movie, "you jump, I jump". Always protective of each other. Nicely done.
Marti chapter 7 . 1/24/2013
Your story is good until you get to the part of their having "an understanding". That doesn't fit at all.
There is no way that Perry would hurt Della like that Not from the begining of time until forever.
tengland2 chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Laura has never gotten it. Della enjoys her work. Glad to see Perry being so open with little touchs with Laura around. Go get her Della, Laura certainly is nosy enough to know it true what she's saying. Glad Perry finally spoke up and told her that every thing was Della's business.
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »