Reviews for The Dragon and the Bow
Please, please tell me this isn't how you're going to make the Scottish speak. As someone from Scotland, this made me cringe.
Sonderistic chapter 1 . 8/1
The detail in his story is amazing although sometimes it's a bit hard to read it because of the accents
NightshadeLG chapter 5 . 6/30
If steely glares could kill then i'd be the No.1 on the Most Wanted page for murder. a LOT of murder.
NightshadeLG chapter 1 . 6/30
Ok...Could have gone better... I DON'T CARE!
SirMandokarla chapter 40 . 4/3
Well, that didn't deviate much from the original overall. That said, it was fairly well written. I wish there'd been more to it than a short romance at the beginning and a bit more teamwork in the arena, but I think it was handled well.

I appreciated all the callbacks to the books, especially Camicazi, which was more of a surprise than it should have been.

If nothing else, you've got my attention. I'll be taking a glance at Heaven's Light, which I'm sure has some interesting changes, and I'll definitely be giving a few more of your stories a chance. That goes double for anything in this series.

As was the case with Empathy, my biggest complaint was how closely the story followed the original, when I thought the combination would lead to greater changes. Even so, I enjoyed it. I'm quite certain Cold Wind will be much more exciting in its unpredictability.

-Karla
SirMandokarla chapter 28 . 4/2
Well, this is officially where the plot starts seriously diverging.

As for the talking dragon, I thought that was a callback to the original books, same for a couple of the other bits of Hiccup's history and things like that. Didn't realize it was a Smaug thing.
devildogg237 chapter 13 . 3/31
I see that Jurassic Park ref!
WarHusky2000 chapter 12 . 3/27
Ahh! The irony!
WarHusky2000 chapter 9 . 3/27
Now this chapter is funny! Burning the cake! HAH! And a behind the scenes of a Viking town! I like it!
WarHusky2000 chapter 8 . 3/27
Repunzel huh?
WarHusky2000 chapter 7 . 3/27
That song reminded me of The Hobbit's dwarves! Even though Hiccup stated that it was the Red Death's doing... *ahem* Smaug *ahem*
dojomojo chapter 8 . 3/26
Gobber channeled his inner Barty posing as Moody
SirMandokarla chapter 10 . 3/8
Hm. Seems like this whole conflict got resolved a little fast. I figured it'd be tied in with the whole dragon business. I hope effectively ending one story to start up another doesn't ruin the overall effect.

My biggest problem is how extremely fast Merida's change in opinion was. To start opening up, I understand. To suddenly start seeing Hiccup as handsome is an entirely other thing.
SirMandokarla chapter 6 . 3/8
What the heck happened to Astrid? All of a sudden she's evil. Woah.
Cocolarita chapter 14 . 2/12
Yay! toothless bae! OK... I'll stop rambling and go on with the story. Sorry mates!
1,505 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »