Reviews for nine2five 1,13 Rest in Pieces
Guest chapter 3 . 12/20/2014
You expect me to die?
No, Mr. Carmichael. I expect you to talk!
Muah-hah-hah indeed!
Guest chapter 2 . 12/20/2014
I think you broke the record for pop-culture references in a single chapter.

Orion? Orion? (I got a visual of an empty, spinning swivel chair somewhere)...
anthropocene chapter 4 . 12/20/2014
That was an interesting turnabout, with Shaw descending into the Ring base to rescue the unconscious Chuck. Also the tandem of the Porsche AND the Crown Vic appearing on scene just in the nick of time.
I'm wondering about Shaw's technical capacity to safely disconnect Chuck from the nasty torture/brain-raping/blood-letting device the Ring hooked him to, but why not?
I'm very glad Sarah was there to help save her husband. I was getting worried she'd be the one left out of the ensemble.
Lots of engaging action here!
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
Wow. Shaw the hero. It's hard to separate my loathe for him from canon, even though your Shaw is barely the same person. Man. Shit has gotten totes cray, my friend.
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
Ellie's pep talk to Sarah was some strong stuff. It made my eyes well up, just shy of crying.

I also loved the shout out to the sadly abandoned fic "Chuck vs. A Man Named Stone".
resaw chapter 4 . 8/25/2013
The whole of Rest in Pieces worked really well for me. Casey’s recapitulation of the situation to Beckman in both the official and the unvarnished versions, was a great way to help create a coherent picture.

And then, the introduction of Orion, and the revelation that Manoosh is his accomplice, is a great bit. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Ellie’s speech to Sarah in Playing with Fire sounds very much like her speech to Chuck concerning Sarah. I don’t recall her words exactly, but it was something like, “You’re a Bartowski. You don’t go too far. You don’t stop….” Your version nicely recalls Ellie’s personality in a new context.

I also really enjoy your development of Shaw’s character. His decision to drug Sarah and go in alone was nicely done, and his discovery that Chuck and Charles Carmichael are the same person came about in a cool way. You drew on the TV episode quite nicely but you made it your own.

I wonder how you will take the Sarah and Carina relationship. Out of necessity, Sarah calls upon Carina to drive her to find Chuck. That has to count for a lot for both of them. It might also help Carina to see that Sarah is as tough a spy as she ever was and that Chuck’s presence in her life has done exactly what Casey said it did.

The transition between Charles and Chuck on the Ring operating table must have been bewildering for Chuck. I have to say, though, I cannot see how the Ring scientists can possibly surgically extract the Intersect. I haven’t seen anything different in your story to suggest that the Intersect is in his brain due to a surgical method rather than a computer download (if I missed something along the way, my apologies). Perhaps you are simply suggesting that the Ring scientists have developed a surgical technique to extract the Intersect, or you are suggesting that the Ring scientists are just completely mistaken? In any case, you have made it a very intriguing story that I am looking forward to continuing.
Selonianth chapter 2 . 7/24/2013
Considering who plays Orion and the character he's most famous for otherwise... "Oh Boy" is hilariously appropriate.
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/5/2013
Your banter work is always amusing and the Casey / Morgan interactions had me grinning like a fool. Manoosh's association with Orion continues to intrigue and I'm eager to find out more about that. Sarah turning to Carina for help despite how she felt about her at the moment was pretty revealing of the trust she has in her friend. And the action packed rescue scene with Shaw ended this episode with a blast.
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 2/12/2013
So, you had Shaw be a hero and save Chuck. And Sarah had to let Carina out of her cell to get her to Chuck. I wonder will happen to her now? And how are they going to help Chuck? Thanks fir the update.
KryptonitePoison chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
Great chapter. I loved Sarah blaming herself for not saving Chuck and Ellie comforting her. Leader sure is menacing. He uses the bore me to death method of torture. Thanks for the update.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 2/9/2013
I loved this chapter. I loved how Shaw sacrificed himself to save Chuck! I loved how he set up the self destructs. Please continue.
KryptonitePoison chapter 2 . 2/8/2013
Great chapter. Morgan was funny, and smart. I loved the Star Wars stuff. When Morgan and one of the Lensman fist bumped and Casey dropped his head that made me laugh. I loved Ellie talking all nerdy.
Guest chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
I really enjoy your writing style; looking forward to the next chapter.
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 2/3/2013
So you gave Shaw a dignified end? If this really is the demise of Shaw, I suppose it's fitting. You've said that you see Shaw as a tragic figure and there's a bit more elaboration here as Sarah sees where she'd end up without Chuck. Her life would no longer have a purpose other than maybe revenge. She'd be a ghost of her former self, just continuing on as Shaw has been. I'm so glad you have made the decision to use Shaw differently! Now, what will it take to restore Chuck? Presumably, Chuck is going to be in critical condition. There's some great opportunity here for further Sarah introspection! As always, thank you Marc!
Sudden Radiance chapter 3 . 2/2/2013
I'm behind again but at least I'm reviewing this before reading Ch 4! Nice little talk between Sarah and Ellie. Integrating Ellie into the team has added additional depth and interplay that really helps to develop character, something not exploited in canon. With as many insecurities and vulnerability as Chuck, Ellie's perspective applies equally well to Sarah who could certainly use the encouragement and support, knowing that Ellie will be there to help minimize the trauma. Indeed, play time is over. Sarah might need to rip another van apart if necessary and then some. Bring it on! I can't wait!

One more thing. Was Casey BS-ing Shaw about the the multi-agency, multi-team freighter incursion? Sounded to me like Casey was having some fun with Shaw, running on a bit. Only you would know though!

As always, thank you Marc!