Reviews for The Big House
Flarire chapter 6 . 8/17/2014
You're going to write a follow-up to this right? Please I spent a good 3 hours marathoning through the adventures of Eddie and Jackie and would love to know where they go next. ... Or at least a brief oO spit take from Bats and a couple of the rogues when they realize Jackie and Eddie are serious about each other. And maybe a followup to the shelves upon shelves of true crime in the Gotham public library (that none of the Rogues seem to know about, or they'd seriously be camping out there to read about themselves due to curiosity and ego) and Eddie wanting to see the Riddler section in the Gotham museum of history. Just a thought.
Anyways, great job! I loved this story and the ones leading up to it.
32nd freeze chapter 7 . 5/28/2014
Well, I get the feeling Mike could come back at some point. I get the feeling he's going to go after Jackie at some point in the future.
Anyway, despite the fact I took so long to finish this last story. I really do think this is one of the best Batman story's on the internet. I eagerly await the next installment.
32nd freeze chapter 6 . 5/28/2014
Wow I really dropped the ball on reading this story, continuing on from "Jake's" reviews six months or so ago. I found the end of this chapter really sweet. I hope that they manage to avoid Batman for a while. They definitely deserve a bit of a break.
Onitsu Blackfeather chapter 5 . 4/20/2014
You know, no matter how many times I read these they're always entertaining. And I keep trying to interpret the anagrams but then I realize that I don't know the first thing about them. Including where to start. :p
Jake chapter 5 . 12/9/2013
Hrm, I'm still quite curious about the motivations of Mike, but looks like we won't find out about those quite yet.
Jake chapter 4 . 12/3/2013
The rest of the universe that you have created shows a lot here, I think I'll have to go back and read the rest of the Sorrow stories when I'm done with this one.
Jake chapter 3 . 12/3/2013
Haha, such a fun scene to read. Really reminds you that despite some... questionable decisions in career choices, these women are far from simpleminded.
Jake chapter 2 . 12/3/2013
I am very curious about what is the motivation on that suspicious orderly. My guesses so far are that either: someone is paying him (Eddie's former henchgirl's seem the type to do this in a attempt to "help") or that he has some hitherto unexplained personal connection to one of the Riddler's crimes.
Jake chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Nice first chapter, It's fun to see how different Jackie's views on morality are from those she had at the beginning of these story's.
Onitsu Blackfeather chapter 7 . 9/23/2013
I've now read all of your stories on here about Eddie and Jackie. And I must apologize for not leaving reviews before this. I was just so sucked into the story that I couldn't stop myself from hopping to the next installment. I love how you've portrayed Riddler, he seems so so...human! And Jackie is such an awesome girl! I was SO rooting for those two. Eddie does seem like a really lonely person. As do Jervis and Johnny, and I love how you portrayed them too, a little btas, a little comicbooky and all awesome!
Nomad1 chapter 7 . 8/25/2013
Just been reading through this whole series and thoroughly enjoying it. Your stories are great fun to read, light-hearted and funny without being too over-the-top absurd or out-of-character, and I love your Eddie. Fantastic stuff!
Fruity-Gemini chapter 7 . 3/7/2013
Oh my wow. I love you author! I love Eddie and his vengeful antics! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I adore the peppered-up house. That was EPIC. Truely epic. That and Mike's reaction to the maids 'working' for the Riddler. Here's hoping he gets incarcerated in the same place he works.

I second hearing more about Grief and Sorrow! I love them too, but not as much as I fangirl over Eddie 3.
BlatantBookworm chapter 7 . 3/6/2013
:) XD LOL. Funny.

Curious question. Shouldn't this be classified as 'complete'? I wouldn't normally mention things like that, but 'Housebreaking' is still classified as 'in progress', so...

:) Awesome, as always.
Twinings chapter 7 . 3/6/2013
Fabulous! And extra love for referencing The Twits!
Ghost in the Machine chapter 7 . 3/6/2013
I don't normally take you to task because you don't normally deserve it. But I do have some problems with this one.

You've made it clear that, for a Rogue, even going straight isn't enough to get off Batman's expletive deleted list. With that prior example, Batman (and his allies) effectively ignoring Edward for six weeks, even if there was a major gang war going on, grates somewhat. Without the prior counter-example, I'd be willing to dismiss Batman's lack of action for comedic purposes. But with it there, and with the Riddler making himself the easiest of targets, capturing him should have been a near trivial task.

Next, I would consider the Riddler's last act as attempted murder. Anaphylaxis is nothing to screw with, even if the prospective victim is known to carry an epi-pen. (The effects of which would be temporary while the exposure to the causative agent would be continuing, even if he was able to self-administer it properly in the first place.) Mind you, given that Edward was present for the final act, he could have saved Mike himself, if necessary, so I can't be 100% sure of his intent, but it certainly looked nasty enough.

I'm wondering what, if anything, Jackie had to say about the course of action and her level of participation in those acts. While a certain level of frustration over her time at Arkham is perfectly understandable, I'd hate to see her lose the empathy that makes her such a sympathetic character. (I've always looked at her as Edward's chance at true redemption, but he may be having more of a negative effect on her than she has been a positive influence on him.)

(Please note: I'm not complaining about Edward's desire for revenge or the course it took. I'm complaining that Batman left him loose long enough to take that entire course.)