Reviews for Surely now is the time to Rise?
Guest chapter 6 . 12/20/2013
JUST GO AHEAD AND MAKE ME CRY! These were all so sad and fantastic, specially the one where only 26 came back.
Lady Willamina chapter 6 . 3/20/2013
More great work. I am feeling all Merlin's loneliness and it's PAINFUL.
Lady Willamina chapter 3 . 3/20/2013
Merlin sounds so desperate and defeated! You have captured the utter waste of war so well.
Please come back Arthur!
1983Sarah chapter 6 . 3/15/2013
It's so heartbreaking to think of Merlin writing those things and feeling so lost and forgetting who he is.
anita4869 chapter 6 . 3/15/2013
I loved this one! I can't imagine a blond Merlin, and I laughed at him being considered "charmingly disarming". He definitely is!
But then in the second half of the chapter I was sad again. What you wrote about the 'enemy' having the same fears than everybody else is so true...
Nice job!
anita4869 chapter 4 . 3/15/2013
I really liked this one, but it made me so sad :(
Have you considered writting the moment when he actually comes back? After Merlin's suffering, it would be a nice compensation!
anita4869 chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Oh, I like the idea... Merlin's wait for Arthur is so sad and this was definitely nicely written :)
1983Sarah chapter 5 . 2/12/2013
Love these letters, they are so filled with a mixture of hope and despair and I feel that it's how Merlin would have dealt with being alone.
Merlinmyobsesion chapter 4 . 2/3/2013
Hey :3 well I'm too lazy to log in on my broken iPod to "officially" favorite this, but this fic is permenantly in my tabs to check every day to see if it updates _
really awesome story, clever idea and Merlin is pretty much in character. I like how you poke fun at Arthur like Merlin would. Thanks for updating, can't wait for the next chapter!
cadfael256 chapter 5 . 2/5/2013
Another great chapter. I felt more angst than anger still (I hope that's what you were going for). I just keep feeling sad for Merlin. You're doing to good of a job!
Nutty.Chameleon chapter 5 . 2/5/2013
Damn it, Merlin deserves his anger. He has all the rights in this world to be angry, to be scared, frustrated, hateful, hopeless... and despite all that, he still has faith in Arthur. He still keeps holding onto the notion that Arthur will come, Arthur will save him, Arthur will save the day... and he never does.

And, nonetheless, despite all the loneliness and having his hopes crushed again and again, he is still unfalteringly loyal... God dammit, your writing gives me so many feels.

Poor Merlin... but I'm loving the angst here.

-Nutty
Pompous Butterfly chapter 4 . 2/3/2013
What a fabulous story! The anguish and loneliness of Merlin show through so clearly. Really liked the WW1 series but this last chapter although different was special as well.
So glad that Merlin has mastered correct spelling and punctuation in his letters. It's a pleasure to read them. Congratulations.
Nutty.Chameleon chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
Ahhhhhh no, my poor aching heart! Poor, dear, lonely Merlin! Suffering like that...

But, then again... he got to meet Shakespeare. (Not-so-secretly a huge Shakespeare nerd tbh)

Oh my Avalon, that last line though... my poor bby, don't kill yourself, you gotta keep hoping!

I sincerely hope that Arthur finds these letters someday... just for the angst, that bittersweet angst.. yumyumyum...

(turns out I remembered my password I don't know how I forgot it tbh)
Bailieboro chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
What started out so light and happy suddenly became emotional.

'But don't you see? It's been so long now, I'm so tired Arthur,' That one sentence was the pivotal point for the rest of the story...and hear I was thinking that it couldn't get any sadder than a WWI trench.

Your dialogue is so convincing. I can see Arthur standing behind him with an outstretched hand but unable to make contact either mentally or physically. Just standing, watching him...
Nutty.Chameleon chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
This chapter- ouch, my heart...

Merlin just sounds almost like a child. 'They're going to burn me.'
It's just such a simplistic statement that really expresses his emotions at the time. He's fearful- he knows he can't die, but the way he describes how much he needs Arthur right now, how he needs Arthur to save them is just heartbreaking.

Once again, kudos.