Reviews for Years Built on Sand
arinhel.melleide chapter 1 . 6/21
Ugh, my stomach was in knots at the end! You wrote them both so well! Such subtle changes that didn't change the overall outcome, but it did change how it happened in just the right ways. I absolutely loved this!
xoxo chapter 1 . 6/18
That's sad af.
Helen chapter 1 . 4/25
I saw the film just yesterday and after reading this I'm sobbing
Susan chapter 1 . 2/18
This is beautiful! :)
Shirl chapter 1 . 1/24
Your writing is gorgeous and poetic. This is the best one shot I've read from any fandom. Nothing but respect from me.
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 1/21
so... came here by way of the YouTube video "strange and beautiful" for these two, and... this is my new Les Mis headcanon. yep. for a one-shot, you have their characters remarkably well-drawn. I love that your Enjolras only had a vague, idealistic notion of revolution before meeting Eponine, and now he has the fire and determination of a true "cause" to fight for. that just makes so much sense to me. also, even though I detest the idea of her and Marius, I'm glad you kept her hopeless crush on him, as it's part of who she is, yet gave us a glimmer of hope that she might have ended up with Enjy if the pair had been given enough time. likewise in that you kept "Patria" as his main focus, but gave him a bit of a priority struggle there at the same time. definite squee over the kiss, and for his jealousy/indignation on Epy's behalf regarding her willingness to die for the oblivious Marius. and the ending... gah, my heart. well done all over, especially the "I was ready" bit that could work for either character, and raising the flag... *sniff* must read more from you. you are extraordinary and should really have your work published. seriously
ceadar chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
this is fucking heartbreaking. thankyou for sharing it.
The Apocryphal One chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
An absolutely stunning piece. I always wondered what Eponine and Enjolras would have to say to each other, if they ever got to talk-I figured they could learn much. Now I know, thanks to you.
you were the ocean chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
It's been at least two years since I first read this and it still shakes me to the core every single time.

I honestly can't begin to explain how you've twisted my emotions so. Everything about this story hurts, nothing more than the very, very bittersweet ending you gave it. Your writing is transcendent-beyond beauty, beyond poetry, beyond all recognition. I can only hope to be able to write like this one day, but even then I know it still won't be up to par with what you're able to churn out.

This story is gorgeous and absolutely heartbreaking, and I have to thank you from the bottom of what's left of my heart for writing it.
penelope lemon chapter 1 . 6/3/2015
You have written such a beautiful story here and I'm at a loss for words. This was such a wonderfully, emotionally filled, roller coaster ride of a story. Your descriptions are so intimate and the characters remain true. Your writing is poetic and the way you ended it, was perfect and bittersweet. Lovely job, and I hope to see more from you
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 5/13/2015
This was amazingly perfect, and your Eponine is a true heart-breaker. Fantastic work.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
About as satisfying as an enjolnine fic gets. One of the best I've read.
Maiqu20 chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
That was beautiful
Ethala chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Words cannot explain this masterpiece! You are the flag runner of this ship and I thank you so much for that!
Born in 20th Century chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
Beautifully written, thanks for sharing.