Reviews for The Quarian-Princess Bride
Realdeadmeat chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
it would be awesome if there was a different version of this with femshep and garrus, I like this one as well but it would be cool to see that
EmperorofFools chapter 5 . 5/3/2013
Ha! This was an absolute blast to read! It covered every part of the movie that I remembered, and kept with the identities of the characters that were swapped. Have a muffin for a job well done.
Aeternix chapter 5 . 2/15/2013
"Legion: Marriage. Marriage is what brings us together in consensus. Marriage, a historical arrangement usually tied to religious ceremonies and debunked spirituality."
This was probably one of the best chapters in this parody (I think that's what it is) of the Princess Bride. Legion was extremely funny as the priest who, wasnt really a priest of religious means but of a more chemical bonding of two people. I liked how you didn't try and imitate the priest in the Princess Bride, instead adding your own spin to it.
I liked the Dread Specter Artemis bit when they stormed the castle and the sword fight between Thane and Garrus. Everything clicked well here.
The only thing that I would comment on is a few spelling errors but overal I thought the piece was excellent and a great interpretation of the Princess Bride. Well done and thanks for the ride!
"Thane: I want my father back you son of a varren!"
Aeternix chapter 4 . 2/8/2013
"Thane: That's a miracle? It looks like regular medigel.
Chakwas: Chocolate coating makes it more palatable."
Another excellent chapter. I really like Joker and Mircale Max and he fits the part surprisingly well. Same with Chakwas as his wife. Again and again I keep saying how funny this is and it's true! Can't wait till they try and storm the Citadel. I wonder who you put as the priest in the infamous marriage scene.
Good job.
Aeternix chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
"TIM: Fair? Who said life is fair? That Synthesis ending sure wasn't very fair."
I really liked this bit as well as the last few parts. This is the lull in the Princess Bride movie, but you manage to keep it fresh and witty with some rather humourous exchanges between characters. The swapping of terms and phrases never ceases to amuse me and cause to me to chuckle. Knowing the movie and book as well as I do (I rather enjoy it, personnally) the parrelells you draw are halarious and sometimes a perfect fit. I also like the nods to common fan favourite quotes and phrases that fit rather well into the story, like this one: "Garrus: Curious. I'll have to recalibrate it."
The only complaint are the typos that occur at times, like when Shepard has been sent to his "shep" :P
Overall this is another good chapter in this interpretation of the Princess Bride story. This must be tough work writing this, but like Zaeed/Humperdinck said "Try running the goddamn Citadel sometime."
Aelia Douglass chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Oh wow. The snark. It was brilliant.

I definitely agree with your casting choices, they worked well for the characters they were replacing. Also, it's really very obvious you know this movie far too well. (I approve.)
1054SS325MP chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I really like Mordin. I hope he doesn't have to be poisoned.

Catalyst... I'm not sure I like him very much. But since he's the only child in the whole of the ME universe, I guess it can't be helped.

TIM as the grandfather? I like it.

Tali bossing Shep around is too awesome.

Good job with this! I will read more.
Full-Paragon chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
Legion: Marriage. Marriage is what brings us together in consensus.

NIIIIICCCEEEEE
Vergil1989 the Crossover King chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
All of those kisses were from AYs? That's just decidedly creepy lol. It was still pretty good though Blu and your parody was worth the read since I loved Princess Bride quite a bit and you did a good conversion into a Mass Effect fun for all lol. Good job Blu, truly good job. ;D
Vergil1989 the Crossover King chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
LMAO! Thanks for that my friend. It was much needed with the folks arguing again. Anyway, I loved that you used Joker as Miracle Max, although I should have expected that lol. He fit the bill quite perfectly. You made everyone work quite well and as much as I like Ashley, I do have to agree she was a bit of a bitch at times so casting her as part of the brute squad was perfect. ;D Anyway, good luck storming the Citadel! ;D
Kendoka Girl chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
If I had a month to take out raiders for equipment upgrades and leveling, maybe, but now? Sidequest bagger!

Legion as the priest! And batarian concubines!

Khalisah al-Jilani for company!

Oh, that was great. And TIM as the grandpa...seems almost fitting.
Inkess chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
Hello. My name is Inkess. You killed my Garrus. Prepare to die. (yes, I knew it was going to happen, but still. No one kills my Garrus. Prepare to die!)

"Finish the story. It is still incomplete." was a masterful touch, though :) Liked this parody from start to finish, great job! Thanks for the laughs!
Kendoka Girl chapter 4 . 1/28/2013
safer than Donovan Hock's undies! That was priceless. I may have to do a crack fic on that one.

I haven't calibrated it that high yet! :D

You just don't have enough Renegade points to pull of that lie! Priceless too.

Have fun invading the Citadel!
Aeternix chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
"Shep: Life is pain, Tali, like a bad infection that never ends. Anyone who says otherwise is probably selling DLC."
Well done again! I'm constantly impressed with the quality of the translation to the Promcess Bride, most of the dialog fits perfectly with the story and I really enjoyed what you did with the battle of wits. The Paragon Renegade deduction was cracking me up!
"Thane: You seem fairly Paragon. I'd hate to kill you.
Shep: Right back at you." I feel like this line should've been "Shep: You seem fairly Renegade, I'd hate to die." That's just a nitpick as it follows the movie more in just sense and retains what you were trying to accomplish.
There were a few other lines that stuck out as a tad odd, but overall this is your interpretation of the story and damn is it ever funny.
Can't wait to read more about the dreaded Fire... I mean Omega Four Relay!
"Mordin: Put this way: heard of Silent Step, Ever Alert? Morons."
Bud89 chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
This. Is. Awesome! This is definitely the BEST parody I have ever read. Great job!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »