Reviews for The Quarian-Princess Bride
M4ss3ff3ctf4n chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
That catalyst is Miranda's son? WTF?
HugeFanOfME chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
I know you're already done with the story (which is excellent so far), but wouldn't it make more sense for Mordin to be Miracle Max, TIM to be Vizzini, and the Stargazer from the end of 3 to be the Grandfather?

Also, completely against the whole Garrus killing Thane's father (or maybe wife) thing. Garrus should have been the Dread Pirate Roberts and Saren should be the Count.

Don't worry. My opinions won't stop me from reading this and finding it hilarious.
mordreek chapter 5 . 7/31/2014
This was fun to read, but it was kinda confusing as my brain wanted to hear the voices from the movie AND the game at the same time, veddy interesting
aceofqueens chapter 5 . 7/24/2014
That was really good. And the thing is, I'm not even a big princess bride fan or anything.

What I really like is how you picked the right Mass Effect character to match up with the right princess bride counterpart. The only exceptions that I can think of is instead of Liara, Morinth. Instead of Wrex, Grunt. Instead of TIM, maybe admiral Hackett? He's more grand-fatherly.

Also, great job integrating ME stuff into the story. for example, how can you read "collectors of unusual size" and not smile?
Alfa290 chapter 5 . 6/9/2014
This is so cracktacular, and I love it.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/1/2014
It really is hilarious. I would change several cast members though, TIM should have been the Prince and Leng should have been Rugen. It even makes sense with Thane seeking revenge on Leng. Alternatively Garrus could have been Inigo Montoya and Sidonis could have been Rugen.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
OUTSTANDING.
Realdeadmeat chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
it would be awesome if there was a different version of this with femshep and garrus, I like this one as well but it would be cool to see that
EmperorofFools chapter 5 . 5/3/2013
Ha! This was an absolute blast to read! It covered every part of the movie that I remembered, and kept with the identities of the characters that were swapped. Have a muffin for a job well done.
Aeternix chapter 5 . 2/15/2013
"Legion: Marriage. Marriage is what brings us together in consensus. Marriage, a historical arrangement usually tied to religious ceremonies and debunked spirituality."
This was probably one of the best chapters in this parody (I think that's what it is) of the Princess Bride. Legion was extremely funny as the priest who, wasnt really a priest of religious means but of a more chemical bonding of two people. I liked how you didn't try and imitate the priest in the Princess Bride, instead adding your own spin to it.
I liked the Dread Specter Artemis bit when they stormed the castle and the sword fight between Thane and Garrus. Everything clicked well here.
The only thing that I would comment on is a few spelling errors but overal I thought the piece was excellent and a great interpretation of the Princess Bride. Well done and thanks for the ride!
"Thane: I want my father back you son of a varren!"
Aeternix chapter 4 . 2/8/2013
"Thane: That's a miracle? It looks like regular medigel.
Chakwas: Chocolate coating makes it more palatable."
Another excellent chapter. I really like Joker and Mircale Max and he fits the part surprisingly well. Same with Chakwas as his wife. Again and again I keep saying how funny this is and it's true! Can't wait till they try and storm the Citadel. I wonder who you put as the priest in the infamous marriage scene.
Good job.
Aeternix chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
"TIM: Fair? Who said life is fair? That Synthesis ending sure wasn't very fair."
I really liked this bit as well as the last few parts. This is the lull in the Princess Bride movie, but you manage to keep it fresh and witty with some rather humourous exchanges between characters. The swapping of terms and phrases never ceases to amuse me and cause to me to chuckle. Knowing the movie and book as well as I do (I rather enjoy it, personnally) the parrelells you draw are halarious and sometimes a perfect fit. I also like the nods to common fan favourite quotes and phrases that fit rather well into the story, like this one: "Garrus: Curious. I'll have to recalibrate it."
The only complaint are the typos that occur at times, like when Shepard has been sent to his "shep" :P
Overall this is another good chapter in this interpretation of the Princess Bride story. This must be tough work writing this, but like Zaeed/Humperdinck said "Try running the goddamn Citadel sometime."
Aelia Douglass chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Oh wow. The snark. It was brilliant.

I definitely agree with your casting choices, they worked well for the characters they were replacing. Also, it's really very obvious you know this movie far too well. (I approve.)
1054SS325MP chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I really like Mordin. I hope he doesn't have to be poisoned.

Catalyst... I'm not sure I like him very much. But since he's the only child in the whole of the ME universe, I guess it can't be helped.

TIM as the grandfather? I like it.

Tali bossing Shep around is too awesome.

Good job with this! I will read more.
Full-Paragon chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
Legion: Marriage. Marriage is what brings us together in consensus.

NIIIIICCCEEEEE