Reviews for The Guardian Of Life
ShadowThief126 chapter 22 . 18h ago
This is absolutely one of my favorite stories. Great job with it and wrapping it up at the end.
Lang Krista chapter 17 . 4/14
I have decided to stop reading this story, not because it's bad, it's not. It's quite good actually. It's just that half the dialogue is in either Elvish or "the ancient language of Magic". Even Tolkien
didn't put so much Elvish in his dialogues!
It gives me the impression that you're just enjoying writing in those "languages" and you're putting as much as you can just for the heck of it. It was cool at first, you actually managed to make it credible and not all funky-sounding like most authors who try do, but it got old really fast.
So... it's a shame, but I can't bring myself to read any more.
Don't get me wrong though, your story and writing skills ARE worthy of praise.
Lang Krista chapter 5 . 4/14
Now it's a crossover with Gundam Wing? Hmmm...
Lang Krista chapter 2 . 4/14
Okay, I know this story is already complete, and I quite like it so far, it's not too over-the-top, not too cliché, not just a retelling of LotR with an extra character. It flows well and I haven't seen many mistakes.
One thing that bugs me though is the amount of "ancient language" that you put in. I can understand for a few key sentences, a song, an incantation, a word here and there, it makes everything more mystical and stuff... But this much just gets tiring to read because readers don't know how to pronounce the word and then have to read the translation every time. It gets annoying. When the character Ruthimiel is talking to actually has no idea what he's saying, like Aragorn in this chapter, it's kind of pointless.
That's the only thing that really bugged me.
dragon-en chapter 22 . 4/2
magnifique
greenwings33 chapter 22 . 3/31
:D
I love it!
It was beautiful!
Maxennce chapter 22 . 3/28
Awesome awesome story! Many thanks for writing this, it does my heart to see an actual happy ending!
RavenclawEncyclopedia chapter 13 . 3/17
Did you write the poem at the end? It was beautiful.
Mischief managed,
Rachel
RavenclawEncyclopedia chapter 5 . 3/16
Okay, what is the language you use in your stories? it was driving me nuts all through Master Over Death (which, by the way, I'm still upset about its removal), but I kept forgetting to ask because I don't usually halt for reviews, but I'm going nuts here! What is it?! I must know!
By the way, I love your stories, and I have decided to give you grief about Master Over Death in every review I give you, because that was one of my favorites. :'(
Mischief managed,
Rachel
YaoiYuriFan chapter 22 . 3/13
I just. Dheikebdjajahduchhd! You need I write more, because this story was awesome!
paskinmath chapter 22 . 3/11
this story was absolutely lovely. You did an amazing job of tweaking cannon without damaging its essence. Thank you for sharing.
Elysha Hope chapter 5 . 3/10
Love the Gundam Wing reference!
xXNeverEndingFireXx chapter 21 . 3/10
Congratulations on completing a wonderful story. I really enjoyed reading it all in one sitting and then reading it again. Lol. I liked that your story was well organized and the dialogue between characters playful teasing up to the climax of battle.
BeLlIxiEs chapter 22 . 3/7
It was beautiful.
Tnk u
demonsinger chapter 23 . 3/4
please tell us when you get it published and the name, I'll keep an eye out for it to snatch it before someone else does.