Reviews for Mean Time to Breakdown
schdiw chapter 1 . 9/6/2018
I've always loved this story and now just found it again on (before I read it on the KS forums) It's been years so I plan to re-read it and hopefully review. Thanks for writing this work!
JoesAlot chapter 18 . 4/12/2018
Amazing. Loved reading this all the way through, more indepth analysis of the MC is what I always love in a story, and it lets me connect to him/her more as well. I know you probably’ll never continue this story, or even recieve this, but just have this as a testament to how much I enjoyed this story, and how much I want it to continue.
SLotH4 chapter 18 . 2/21/2018
I found this on the TV Tropes fanfic recs page for KS and read the Google Docs version (good job on the music, btw). As expected, I loved it, though of course I'd like to see more of this, I know better than anyone what a pain in the ass it is to update a story. Especially if you aren't satisfied with earlier chapters. I spent years rewriting my handful of chapters over and over again, without ever moving forward. It wasn't until I put together an editing group that I could finally look at the finished product and say: “I have no desire to fix this, because nothing needs to be fixed.”

Not sure what your situation is with this story and your process for creating it. If you ever need someone to look it over with you and bounce ideas or whatnot feel free to reach out to me. I do a lot of that type of work with the OSaBC group (Mass Effect).

Otherwise, I’ll set up an alert for this on FFnet and hopefully I’ll get a ping for an update. Till then, take care.
What can you do chapter 18 . 3/12/2017
You know I can't help but love the way that over and over and over again whenever asked about this fic when the people who loved it and followed it got interested and worried, you always told them to stop asking and that it put pressure on you but that the story you'll always be finished. Yet here we are almost two years lasted since this fic was last updated and almost as long since you even spoke in your original story thread and there's nothing at all to show for it other than disappointed fans who feel lied to with all your reassurances and after being told that just asking about the fic was some sort of crime to you. It's a real pity a fic this unique and well written went down the drain... but what can you do when the author did their best to kill it by taking every bit of love, enthusiasm or interest their readers had for it and turning it back on them and the fic in a negative light?

Honestly I do still honestly wish and hope with all my heart that this absolutely great piece of work is continued and possibly even finished one day. But what can you do when even asking after it is something to be reviled? I suppose we'll all just have to hope and watch silently. But at this point I'm not expecting much anymore even as I hope to be proven wrong. Just another dead fic amoung tens of thousands of others on this site I suppose... even if it had the potential in so many different ways to be among the utter best...
Emily chapter 18 . 2/26/2017
It seems like this story hasn't updated in a while, which really sucks, because I really like it. The prose is really good, the characters are well portrayed, and the author's depiction of chronic depression is spot on (take it from someone who knows). I found it by googling "best fanfic" and now I can't get it out of my head, partly I think because there's no conclusion. I'm still not entirely sure what Katawa Shoujo *is*, but I find myself wanting to read it to see more of these characters. I hope the author returns to this story!
ijpowers92 chapter 13 . 2/19/2017
Awesome Jennifer Government reference. Take an internet cookie please.
Allyraine chapter 18 . 1/18/2017
I know it's been a long time but it would be lovely to see this updated. The characterization and style are brilliant. Thank you for writing.
Mac-The-Editor chapter 18 . 10/25/2016
This is a good read so far. Hope you find the time to update soon!

No spelling or grammar mistakes I could see, characterization of all mainstay KS characters is believable, and I'm loving this embittered Iwanako you've put together. If you ever need a proofreader or editor, let me know.

Thanks bunches for the read~
Mac
Grimm Leviathan chapter 18 . 9/1/2016
catch up with story see update date...
has this story been forgotten?
DeletedUser5927652 chapter 18 . 3/6/2016
Really interesting to see how much Iwanako's interpretations of the people here differ from Hisao's. You've written her to be a much more interesting character than Hisao imo, and I wonder who you were going to pair her up with. Hanako seems to be the most obvious choice, and they would be really cute together. Hoping that you continue this fic, it's easily my favorite Katawa Shoujo story on this site.
Leez chapter 18 . 2/21/2016
So Ive been following this and checking in on the thread for over a year and a half now. But I'm starting to get quite worried with so little news for so long. Do you even plan to continue this anymore? Or have you abandoned it/ us/ your work? Because at this point with it being almost a year since the last update and you barely posting in the thread anymore with the last one being in early November of last year. So can you do me/ all us readers a favour and give us some news? Even if it's negative I'd prefer knowing what's going on rathe than just having to wait and hope that here's still work going on behind the scenes while also worrying that there's not.

Sorry for the trouble, thank you for all the great work so far and I do hope to see more from you even though I'm so sure I will be. You're a brilliant author and have weaved a truly great tale/ work so far. Hopefully you choose to continue it for all us loves or Iwanako who just want to see/ know where her story goes and how it ends.

Best Regards,

Leez
Ergoemos chapter 18 . 11/23/2015
This was a really really good read. I really liked the brilliant narration and characterization, the great connections to the original, and the sharp and intelligent separations from the source.

I really like Iwanako, not because she is a lovable person but because she is really, well and truely, very well developed as an autonomous person. She isn't "female" Hisao. Hell, in many ways, she is far more developed, for, as much as the game lives inside his head, Hisao is a vague persona always partially defined by the "arc" the player chooses. Here, we wee one path, no real choices, so all the things that are her, are her, not just decisions based on the player'so whim. She has likes and dislikes and interests and, hell, a backstory that feels more complete than most most novels can manage.

Most importantly, there is have built in so much more delicious and tragic conflict into your story, good conflict too, not just angst. Threads the are dropped to the wayside for much of Hisao's development, you seize and grow like Iwakano's plants wilted. Hisao's parents and friends, his depression, his cynicism all are more pronounced. Not overdone or extreme, but quietly underlined or bolded and made real.

The master stroke was Emi and the heart event. It was something very likely, maybe even should have in the canon, but didn't happen because it would have stopped the story dead in a visual novel. Here you took the time and the energy, well spent, reminding the audience what was at stake here. I was half afriad, in a good way, that you were going to kill Iwakano in fright in the last chapter, because the stakes really are that high.

I really appreciate all the work you put into this, it was a great read. I want to see more, but I don't pressure you to give more than you can. I don't even care if this remains a slow struggle of Iwanako with the physical and mental recovery, without any romance at all. I am also just as satisfied with what you've provided. It's been a great journey.

Have a good day!
Inara Seraph chapter 18 . 11/20/2015
I read all of this in one sitting, it's really quite wonderful. The thing I enjoy most is just how well you're able to convey Iwanako's emotions. You can really feel her anger, regret, melancholy, and cheer through the pages.
lordteridax chapter 18 . 5/7/2015
I've read your fix both on this site and the main Katawa Shoujo forums, and I must say, that it is really quite wonderful.
I really like your characterization of Iwanako as a more original character with her own problems rather than using her as female expy of Hisao
I eagerly await your next updates.
Dominic chapter 18 . 4/11/2015
I love this story, and I was hoping for it to continue. I've played the computer game, and this seems to portray the main characters in the same light.

Judging by the date at the top of the screen, that seems sadly unlikely.