Reviews for Afterword
This story is so SO unbelievably good. Please, please, tell me you haven't abandoned it! I'm dying to see it continue and finish. If I have to beg, I am not above it lol. Really, great job.
Alijay chapter 17 . 1/18
Wow! I love your writing style. Please keep going, for the love of God, keep going!
rObErTpAtTiNsOnIsHoT1989 chapter 17 . 12/22/2014
please continue I want to read more
babyvfan chapter 2 . 11/9/2014
Oh god. Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god
babyvfan chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Oh dear me, I'm already hooked. Jackie and Hyde were my favorite couple from the show. They balanced each other out, brought out the best of each other. Just like Zutara. I was pissed as hell when they were broken up.
Bloody dawn chapter 17 . 8/19/2014
What's going on with jackie, i have a bad feeling about this. Anyway, can't wait to read next chapter, so please update soon ;)
Wenjieda chapter 17 . 8/1/2014
Amazing chapter, as always. I enjoyed the spirited banter between Jackie and Ruby. Cannot wait until the next one!
LadyShard chapter 17 . 7/2/2014
This story is not only awesome but unique. Its very well written. Thank you for sharing.
electric gurrl chapter 17 . 6/12/2014
This is so excellent. I love it.
acc5rod chapter 16 . 5/27/2014
I love how Hyde still has feelings for Jackie.
Aldrean Treu Peri chapter 17 . 5/15/2014
Ohh, poor Jackie just can't catch a break. Really liking the slow progress of this story and the attention to detail :)
Gwendalyn chapter 17 . 5/9/2014
I love how you mix humour with angst. I'm not even sure how you do it. Jackie and Hyde's cute back and forth, Jackie's conversation with herself, Donna's comment to Fez about his date being with his hand, Eric's excitement about Jackie using the nickname, Red's snark - all hilarious.

And then there's the angst, both Jackie's and Hyde's. I really like how you're building Hyde back up. He's starting to become his old self. I no longer yell at him after every chapter lol. Jackie's hand shakes have me worried. I'm thinking PTSD or panic attacks. But she only seems to get the shakes when she tries to call her other friends. I'm really curious about this.

Great chapter. Can't wait for the next. :)
Bolin 4 President chapter 17 . 5/8/2014
I can't believe I missed the update for this! I've been eagerly awaiting this chapter and I'm not disappointed! A lot of fanfics rely on maintaining the drama or the tension but you just allow everything to develop at its own pace. It's a wonderfully woven story where so much is expressed in so few words. Everything is subtle yet poignant, from Jackie's shaking hands to Hyde flicking a spent cigarette onto the wet asphalt while deciding that he needs to forget the past and stand by Jackie.

I really wish the site allowed us to copy and paste text like it used to because there are so many good lines here and your attention to detail is staggering. Best of all your characterization is perfect, even with the Ruby-Jackie conversation or especially with their conversations, which are hilarious. Jackie (Ruby) is becoming more like Hyde and I think it's subconscious.

I'm really curious about the hand shakes though. They only seem to happen when she's trying to call her friends from the resort. I'm worried for Jackie. :(

Anyway, this was another great chapter. I'm so happy that you're continuing this. It feels like I'm reading a published novel, if that makes any sense. You're writing is just that good. :)
nannygirl chapter 17 . 5/7/2014
Marvelous work on this next chapter! Lots of stuff happening here with both humor and drama. I really loved seeing Hyde and Jackie’s time on the road together but it was nice seeing them get back home too. From the last chapter I’d thought this would be more of a road trip story now but now Jackie and Hyde are back home and I’m really curious to see what you’ve got planned next and how the eruption of Mount Helen is tied into this because I think some how it could be.

The first scene with Jackie waking up with her hangover was fabulously done! Tremendous details of Jackie waking up and feeling pretty terrible, even Hyde’s light knocking bothering her. But it’s sweet seeing Hyde come in and brining her coffee asking if she wanted breakfast and stuff and even telling her a bit about last night. Interesting to hear that Jackie isn’t supposed to drink I wonder if it’s because of any of her medication or maybe the diagnosis she was given not too long ago…maybe it’s a choice she’s made and just forgot the previous night. The bit about Jackie asking if she’d been fed coffee as a little girl was funny.

Then their little breakfast scene was really nice, and I liked Hyde buying Jackie the gum. Loved the details of Hyde standing in his room looking out the window frowning and Jackie coming in and seeing him. I’m glad she brought up last night and asked about what happened, it sounds like she remembers a good chunk of it and Hyde could help fill in the rest. I really loved when Jackie asks if they’d been together and Hyde says know which relieves Jackie and when Hyde tries to explain Jackie tells him he doesn’t have to “"Well, I don't really know, but I get that vibe from you—a good one. I can trust you, I think." His right eyebrow quirked and he crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, that's reassuring." LOVED that part it was sweet but a little funny too. I think there’s a part of her that still very much trusts Hyde and that’s why she feels like she can trust him.

Terrific work on the next section with the details of the incoming storm and the trip to get the El Camino, glad the problem there wasn’t too serious. Really liked all the descriptions added into first part with the two on the road…or just I say the three. The whole part of the scene with Jackie talking to the voice inside her head was hilarious! I LOVED the whole interaction between Ruby and Jackie, it was great seeing Jackie sorta make a reappearance and I could hear sounding just like Jackie. Poor Ruby though is think she’s going crazy and Jackie isn’t helping all too much by commenting about how talking to yourself first one of the signs of going crazy lol And the calling each other stupid was also funny but I think the part I loved most was when Ruby calls Jackie doll and Jackie tells Ruby how much she’s acting like Hyde. “Doll? Did you just call me 'doll'? Oh God, you're becoming more and more like him every day. Soon you'll start wearing dirty band tees and aviators. Why wait? I'm gonna start right now! I hate you! "Yeah? I hate you, too!"”—Brilliant stuff there! :D although it looks like the words weren’t said too quietly and Hyde caught the last of the conversation. Jackie’s cover p that she uses as an explanation is a good one and I liked how Hyde quickly catches on to her calling Kelso, Kelso instead of Michael. His impersonation of her calling Michael though was funny. And I sounds like Jackie will continue to call Kelso, Kelso…another Hyde-like thing…though almost everyone else call Kelso Kelso too, so…

Very great scene at the gas stop once again the details you wrote for the scene were marvelous and rally bring things to life! The whole part with Jackie at the payphone was especially well done. It may have seemed like such a little thing but I think there’s more to it, especially when her hands started shaking when she got ready to make the call to her friends, I really do wonder what that was about.

Another fantastic scene with Hyde alone with his thoughts. There wasn’t any dialogue but still so much was said and that whole section was just so wonderfully written! I think you did a magnificent job getting into Hyde’s thoughts and sharing his feelings and thoughts on well pretty much everything. Thinking about the events of the previous night and not liking to lie to Jackie. Think about telling her about their relationship but not knowing just what to tell her. he doesn’t want to upset her or somehow scare her, especially when it looks like she’s been doing so well I really loved when Hyde started thinking about the old Jackie and the new Jackie, Ruby and how different they were and how he wanted to protect them both.

LOVED this part here “He had always found it an oddment that despite their vast catalogue of differences it had been their similarities that had first drawn them together. Both of them had been abandoned by their parents; both were prideful and stubborn, refusing to show any chinks in their armour. Yet they were vulnerable in their own ways, and it was this vulnerability hidden beneath the surface that had compelled him to her, ever playing her reluctant knight in shining armour. But this new Jackie—or Ruby, as she called herself—didn't want or need a saviour. She could take care of herself. Yet he couldn't seem to help playing the hero, whether he wanted to or not. He saw the stiffness in her smiles, the sharp edges to her stares and the little bit of darkness lurking behind her eyes. She was alone and trying to be strong about it, but unlike his Jackie, Ruby could very well lose herself to that darkness, and he couldn't have that”—AMAZING STUFF!
And I’m glad that Hyde’s decided that he does need to talk to Jackie about their past for both their benefit. I really liked the ending of that scene with Hyde thinking all these thoughts about having the talk with Jackie made him sound like a girl or Eric lol so very funny! :)

It was very shocking to hear about the eruption of Mount Helen and how weird that Hyde and Jackie had almost visited the place only a little while ago. I’m glad that Penny and the other are okay I hope the same goes for Mandy and Tiffany. But after the eruption it makes me happier that they, especially Jackie is back home in Point Place now. And the welcome home part was great! I loved Donna and especially Fez’s welcome to Jackie and of course Kitty had a surprise party planned a small one but still. I loved this part here “"Yeah, we figured you wouldn't want people here you haven't re-met yet," Eric said, and Jackie smiled gratefully. "Thanks, Kid." "You're using it!" he squealed excitedly, looking back at Fez and Donna. "She's using it!" LOL And the actual surprise greeting was a fun scene with everyone I’m glad Jackie liked it or at least politely pretended too. A really great part with Jackie giving Red and Kitty their gifts too and of course the others would ask if they got a present too lol I thought the presents to Red and Kitty were both very sweet and it makes me wonder what she got everyone else.

Then there’s talk about the eruption again, it’s sad to hear that the number of deaths is rising. I’m really hoping that Jackie’s friends are okay. And speaking of Jackie’s friends again Jackie’s hands start shaking when she tries to call them…maybe she’s nervous about picking up the phone and finding out the truth about her friends, afraid they are hurt…maybe it’s the old Jackie not wanting to call them…i have no idea what’s going there but it looks like Hyde may have seen her. Uh oh.

Wonderful work once more! I really did enjoy it! I’m looking forward to reading more! Hope you update again soon! Till then keep up the very fantastic work!
GatsbyParty chapter 4 . 5/3/2014