Reviews for The Sorrow and the Fury
crossoverfanofanime chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
I loved it! So hard to find decent Wrathion fic, his fan-base is jam full of wrathionxanduin shipping (nothing against it though). This gives a nice perspective on Wrathion's views of his own flight, and I highly doubt if his mother had lived there would have been any good. Too bad about your mother though, my most sincere condolences
Skarlette chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Well, that brought tears to my eyes. Poor kid, the weight of the world on his shoulders (metaphorically and somewhat literally) and having to face it all alone. It's that hidden, pitiable aspect of Wrathion's character that I find the most interesting, as it's such a contrast from the master schemer and manipulator we're presented with in game.
stonegirl11 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Very emotional, nice window to a side of Wrathion we don't normally get to see.
Mlaia3 chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
On a scale of one-to-ten, you just ripped my heart out.

Very well-written. It definitely captures the tragedy of the whole situation, the mourning and hopelessness but also how it was necessary, and, yet, perhaps not worth it.

I love how you're one of the few people who portray Wrathion as being intelligent and powerful but still an incredibly young child who lost his mother in one of the most tragic ways possible and had to send a proxy to help ensure his father's demise. Most of the time I see people writing him as, at most, shrugging and frowning but not really being effected by it.

Overall an excellent one-shot. And I'm sorry to hear about your mother, may she rest in peace.
macDhai chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
This was a really good story. If you're not a pro writer, you should be. Thank you for sharing this, it pulled on the emotions, but it was clear and concise and a very good look into what has to have shaped Wrathion. - R. macDhai
wanda von dunayev chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I haven't done the Black Prince quests (I know, shameful), so I know little about Wrathion's character, but I thought this was really beautiful and moving. The feeling of it is so clearly evoked, and Wrathion's lines were great-very sad, but sincere and believable. I'm sorry about your own mother.