Reviews for Down the Stream
Cecilia Waters chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
wow. That's deep. I'm really starting to like Spock Prime/Kirk stories like this.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
This is so sweet and heartwarming. :)
keacdragon chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
awwww...LOVE IT!
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
I needed this story...thank you...
Rindou Kiara chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
You know I watch the Movie of Jim and Bones teaching Spock how to sing that song. I found their interaction endearing and heartwarming. Now, I feel a bit sad for SpockPrime. But glad jim is still by his side
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Beautiful.

As much as I detest "Star Trek V," I can be happy for its existence in that its camping scenes helped prompt/contribute to this story.

I like your version of the younger Kirk here, intuitive to "know" that he needed to accompany the elder Spock on this trip, perceptive enough to understand what this companion required. Kirk may be impetuous, but he has an innate sense of people, and here he slips easily into the role he had to play to ease the elder's emotional and intellectual processing of the events that brought him to this universe.

I'm guessing that on some level the elder Spock was seeking a (re)connection, so his "slip of the tongue" may have been his subconscious speaking. The fact that he only protested once says to me that his head caught up with his heart perhaps.

I'm glad that I read this. Thank you. It's different, well-written, and deep. It goes on the "favorites" list.
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
a good capture...thanks
DT chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Lovely! Sentimental in the best sense of the word.