Reviews for Slayers: CHOSEN
Alaena F. Dragonstar chapter 4 . 2/9/2004
_ This story is fascinating! I haven't met too many people who've read the Valdamar books etiher. This is really good, you simply have to continue it!
star chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
(I don't feel like going to the last chapter) Please don't have any romance in this. It's so good so far, and romance would just ruin it. Also, why hasn't this story been updated in such a long amount of time? From the last time this story was updated and school was summer vacation adn numerous weekends. Please don't tell me this story is abandoned! I really, really want to read more!
shampoo chapter 4 . 11/23/2003
Why haven't you updated in over a year? This is a very good story, and the idea of Xellos and Lina being the most powerful is cool, and I loved the Herald series by Mercedes Lackey, but why haven't you updated? I think it'd be interesting if Xellos's real power turned out to be sealed or something, and the seal somehow broke. Xellos rocks!
Aloria chapter 4 . 8/30/2002
wheee! good chapter.. I was thinking, maybe the one who cast the spell could have been trying to get themselves out of the slayers world (perhaps a copy of someone who is still alive) and they just happened to catch the group in the spell. great story though!
Nye-Yen chapter 4 . 8/29/2002
Hi! I like the story, Please continue soon.
Silverpen chapter 4 . 8/28/2002
Yeah! New Chapter. Just one little correction. Filia isn't the last golden dragon. Just the last dragon who served under the fire dragon King. Keep up the good work! ( put some vanyle in Please?)
Bob the Almighty chapter 4 . 8/28/2002
Hullo! I'd just like to say that I like this story. It's very rare to find a Valdemar fic of any kind that isn't blatent fangirl wish fulfillment. Which is terribly tragic since it tends to give a bad name to Mercedes Lackey's fans. It's probably why she doesn't like people writting fics about her work as well. In any case I think you've done the characterizations very well and I hope you continue to write this.
Dacl73 chapter 4 . 8/28/2002
Good Story, I've all ways liked the Valdemar books as well as The Slayers
Misty Silverana chapter 3 . 8/27/2002
LOL, Slayers and Valdemar? Is everyone gonna go to Haven and get Chosen? Err, well, everyone except Xellos cuz I doubt someone as evil as Xellos could get Chosen, but it'd be sweet if he did. Xellos is my favorite character, even if he is a Mazoku...hmmm...him feeding off of negative emotions and all, would that make him like a blood-path mage? Ohhhh, I can't wait to see everyone's reactions when they find out Xellos is evil, and prolly more powerful than Falconsbane, heh heh heh. Anywayz, sweet story, I love the idea of someone x-overing my favorite books with my favorite anime.
earth dragon chapter 3 . 8/27/2002
sugoi! write more soon! i love this crossover! _ and i think your'e a good writer also! _ so hurry with the next chapter ne?
Guest chapter 3 . 8/27/2002
C&C (Slyers Chosen)

I've read it, and I've liked it - but before actually commenting, one advice: put e-mail adress in bio. I, and I think 90% of readers prefer to use e-mails, and when there is none, not many will bother with cending C&C to person, that apparently don't want to get C&C.

Back to story. As I said, I like what is written. Story is interesting so far, and certainly unusual. One question is there some plan behind all what is happening, explanation of difference between Lina and others magic and whay it comtinue to work there, in place that obviously have other law of physics (and magic).

This all could pose a problem - and Xellos question especially. He is not human, but a mazoku, being feading on negative emotion - and his magic is totally unlike human or draconic one. In word where is no mosters, one of two things can - and will happen - either he will grew in strength, possibly taking place of Shabranigdo or he would start to weaken, being prevented by law of physics (and possibly gods) from gaining strength. (to be honest I would prefer second solution).

There is also whole mindspeech thing - noone in Slyers universe ever had it - it would be known - and Lina as a person who hava one of biggest magical knownedge on the world, would know it for sure. After traveling to this world, everyone with magic gift are gaining it.

Well, there is also a problem with stronger magic spells - Dragon Slave as first example, but whole black magic in reality. It all depends, on presence of Mazoku's. Example: Gaav Flare. Once Gaav was killed spell become non-functional. So now is question, if black magic would work in place where it's source of power is beyond dimentional barier.

Well, two Lina's spells would work for sure - those calling uppon Lord of Nightmares power...

Oh.. and one small complication - in Valdemar universe magical energy can be stored, and black magic is perfect way to get energy. For skillful mage (look Lina) it wouldn't be very hard to redirect evergy from black magic spell onto prepared item/place.

Well, that would be all for now. Put e-mail adress, and I'll write more - now I'm not even sure how much of text this 'review' can take - mabe I'm writing for nothing.

all for now
Karistan chapter 3 . 8/27/2002
Very interesting turn of events. I'm amused at how they're dumbfounded at the other's abilities. Heh. Ohhh.. I had a yummy thought earlier. Gourry in full Tayledras gear with his hair all done in the style. I'd love to see that! Also, I'm hoping that add at least one scene explaining life-bonds to the Slayers. That ought to be amusing to say the least. Heh-heh-heh.
Kye chapter 3 . 8/27/2002
Hi! I liked the chapter, thought it was interesting. Please continue soon._
Delphine Pryde chapter 3 . 8/26/2002
*starts chanting in zombie voice* More, More, More, More, More...
Pa-ru-chan chapter 3 . 8/26/2002
This is a *fun* story! You have the characters in good perspective. I wonder what would happen if they found out that Xelloss was a demon of sorts (mazoku) or if Zelgadiss will ever take off his cloak! I can't wait to see more!