Reviews for Over a Glass of Firewhiskey
KoalaNoob chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
This was a short oneshot that feels rather bland. The conflict between Snape and Dumbledore could have been brought out a lot more, as it is now, it's very mellow and lacks some of the power it could have. Excellent characterization, though- the best and worst of the characters were displayed excellently.

[Snape managed to control the urge to flinch]
Snape used to be and poses as a death eater. His reaction to the name probably wouldn't be like most others', I doubt he would have an urge to flinch.

[No, like a lamb]
I like the detail in the comparison here, it's fairly unique and adds a lot of interest to you piece.

[for the greater good]
Nice little reference to Dumbledore's backstory, and it indirectly shows how Dumbledore has and hasn't changed as he aged.

[like a bat's wings]
Bat wings don't really work like that (as in they don't billow very much). Bats flap their wings almost frantically when they fly. Simply saying that they billowed would have been more effective since comparing it to a bat goes against what I think you mean.

[like a bat's wings]
Bat wings don't really work like that. Bats flap their wings almost frantically when they fly.
Fall Rider chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Good scene. :)
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I think there was most definitely another way. I just think Dumbledore by not being willing to share information or look at other ways of doing things wouldn't consider anything else.
Lady Elizabeth of New York chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Cool story. Very poignant. I liked very much.