Reviews for Something Better
ManateeMama chapter 8 . 11/25/2013
What a Thanksgiving delight! Starting with Brenda's totally believable reaction to the news that Hostess was shutting down production, Fritz's wondering what the rest of the pregnancy would hold in the way of their emotional roller coaster ride, to a big Thanksgiving reveal.

And Brenda's reaction to Clay's friendship with Ginny Conway was spot-on. Not only was it believable for Brenda to react that way, I'm sure it's a typical reaction for a lot of adult children when their parent decides to resume an active social life after the death of a spouse.

But most of all I loved the pregnancy journal. The message from Mama to Baby Brenda was touching and so timely for Brenda to read at this point in her own pregnancy journal.

Thank you for this heartwarming chapter.
LilahMorgann chapter 8 . 11/25/2013
Another great chapter! Can't wait for more!
shay chapter 7 . 9/16/2013
When are u goin to update this story...
lana.imwunderla chapter 7 . 9/15/2013
Just wow! Are you going to finish the story at one point? Really love it.
Marie chapter 7 . 9/12/2013
Haha :)) classic Brenda! Wonderful writing your choice of the doctor office as a place of commitment is brilliant. And your description of Brenda as a deer in headlight is so funny and yet so accurate, that i can imagine it :)) thank you so much and i hope you will write some more esp about BF thir new home. That way we can continue to know more about Brenda Leigh Johnson!
Guest chapter 7 . 8/2/2013
It's been over two months since your last chapter. How much longer are we gonna have to suffer with waiting for an update?! Wouldn't care much...if this wasn't such a great story. PLEASE update soon,or at least let us know when we can expect something. Pleeease...
guest chapter 7 . 7/29/2013
There are no words to describe how much I love this fic. Every single sentence. I love Brenda and Fritz so much and this fic is probably the most moving story of them I have ever read. Looking forward to reading more.
ria chapter 7 . 7/7/2013
Hurry up and update love this story...
Page chapter 7 . 7/4/2013
Wow! Love this story. Please please continue it! This is one of the best closer stories I've found! Great job!
csfan chapter 7 . 6/2/2013
I love your characterizations of Brenda and Fritzy and their relationship so much. Looking forward to reading more. A favorite!
Ria chapter 7 . 5/27/2013
Hurry up and update love it..
hpfan144 chapter 7 . 5/23/2013
Yay! I'm so glad you're continuing this story! I can't wait to read what happens when they tell everyone!
ManateeMama chapter 7 . 5/23/2013
Well, Kate, you've done it again. You have written another wonderful, realistic chapter. You take your readers through Brenda's and Fritz's pain and misgivings and lead them back together, no matter what the decision is.

I love how you bring them full circle back in Dr. Dioli's office. It's so fitting where this is where Brenda makes her decision. And now on to Brenda's next hurdle: dealing with her family.
Megan429 chapter 7 . 5/23/2013
WOW! What a story! Having a baby can be a frightening experience for any woman, especially an older one. My mom found herself pregnant with my youngest sibling when she was 43. Needless to say, my dad was a bit stunned but my siblings and I just rallied around her. Being the youngest (12), I was so happy to have a baby brother/sister. Ultimately, like Brenda, my mother decided that she would have the baby.
Even though it worked out for our family. I know that's not always the case. My baby sis was a healthy little bundle of joy. My oldest sister left for college and my two high school aged brothers figured out early on that girls loved guys who babysat their little sister. Yep, they affectionately called her their "chick magnet." Fortunately for us, we worked together and having older children who could drive helped alleviate a lot of stress for my mom.
I'm so looking forward to future chapters. Keep writing!
Guest chapter 7 . 5/22/2013
Happy,happy,happy... Beautifully written Kate Rosen! You are one talented writter and story teller. You really know how to capture Brenda and Fritz's relationship. Thank you so much for this wonderful story,so far. So looking forward to the next chapter. The selfish part of me wants to jump in and say...hope we don't have to wait so long for the next chapter. Pure torture that is.
58 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »