Reviews for Something Better
Labyrinth01 chapter 4 . 2/21/2013
This is such a powerful, daring chapter. As a writer, there is a temptation to go towards "fluff," which is the easy road. Brenda tells Fritz and he is thrilled, Fritz convinces Brenda she will be a great mother, Brenda relents, and eventually, Brenda realizes Saint Fritz is right. But good writers like you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and write far more realistically and true to the characters. This is an honest portrayal of a woman who never wanted to have children who finds herself pregnant at 45, a control freak who has no problem withholding information from her husband. Everything in this chapter is so true to the ever-complicated Brenda and the man she loves.
And please...more Tessa!
ProcrastinationQueen chapter 4 . 2/21/2013
Holy crap holy crap holy crap...

This is an awesome chapter. And oh, Brenda... You still haven't really changed, have you?
Guest chapter 4 . 2/21/2013
More please more I love this story!
TinaMichelle21 chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
I love this! I cannot help but love this! It's cute and fun and just plain adorable and I will be needing more soon! I really hope you update before the withdrawel symptoms kick in!
Well done on a fantastic job so far, long may it continue!
ManateeMama chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
This combination of a baby plus adjusting to a new job is bound to send the Brenda I know into an absolute Tizzie. Poor Fritz! I can't wait to see how you develop this very well written story. Well done, Kate. Well done.
MarcusTullius chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
I really love our way of writing, you are very talented! I really like the idea of your story, too, and I hope you will continue soon!
csfan chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Another captivating chapter! I love it. "Damnit! Why did Fritz have to come out there anyway?" - funny, she was so glad to see him standing in front of her 'cause she was missing him so much. It's the possible pregnancy talking, not her. lol Can't wait to see how Brenda breaks it out to him and his reaction to it.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
I love this story. I like how you have made Brenda's character finally realize how much of fritz she has missed out on because of her job. It's about time she paid more attention to him and the rest of her family instead of always thinking about work.

They are so cute together. It made me smile to myself when you had clay come in and catch them. How cute they are. It's also nice to read about the rest of the family and get to see how Brenda interacts with them.

The way you tell the story, you can definitely tell Brenda and fritz are madly in love with each other.
ManateeMama chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
I loved this story. You paint such a vivid picture of Brenda's whole family. And every character is just so real. You also did a great job showing Brenda's emotional dilemma - needing to help the father she adores yet missing the husband she loves deeply. And you show her beginning to grow emotionally. Well done!
csfan chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
Wow, you're so good at writing our favorite couple! It makes me smile, they're so cute, sexy. I loved it when Jimmy asked Brenda when she's gonna let her handsome hubby get her pregnant. Great start to what the main theme of this story is. Your writing reminds me of ProcrastinationQueen's and that's a compliment! Thank you for writing and I look forward to more.
Labyrinth01 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
It is an honor to get to edit such a talented new fanfic writer! This promises to be an excellent story, and emotional roller coaster for our hero and heroine, because nothing is ever smooth sailing for them. I look forward to seeing how they handle the challenges ahead and eagerly await, along with everyone else who has read this first chapter, a nice, long tale. Thank you so much for writing!
MarcusTullius chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Wow, I am so excited for the next chapters! I love your style, the picture of Fritz wearing a feather boa and Brendas hats is just priceless xD I hope youll update soon and I like the idea of a loooooong story :D
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
This story is absolute perfection. I check this site daily for stories from our talented Britz writers. So excited to see another story from you. The end of The Closer last year left so many unanswered questions regarding Brenda and Fritz. We were really short changed in regards to that relationship. When I read your first story 'The Letter', I knew we definitely needed to have more stories from you. Teaming up with Labyrinth I suspect would be a writers dream. Both of you a wonderfully gifted writers. Love being introduced to Miss Sophia Rae Howard! Can't wait to read more. So frustrating waiting for updates from our talented writers. If Hostess was still in business I could partake in a Ding Dong or two...but since this is not possible,I will have to find something else to manage the angst of waiting. Thanks again,this made my day! :)
58 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4