Reviews for Our Last Days: The Fifty-Second Hunger Games
Guest chapter 3 . 5/27/2014
Erizelda has already been in two stories that I read. She had pretty much the same background and she was always the district eight girl
cuteypuffgirl chapter 33 . 11/9/2013
(Fanfic is being glitchy so I couldn't log in)

First of all, let me just apologize IMMENSELY for just disappearing for the past few months. Life has just been so fucked-up lately, I barely had time to breathe let alone live. I've loved this story with all my heart, and I feel so guilty for not being able to stick through half of it.

Anyway, this was amazing. Honestly, the best SYOT I have read HANDS DOWN, no questions. Your execution of my characters was brilliant, simply brilliant. I love what you did with Langston, I just… I loved how you played his suicide. I had no idea he was going to make this far, but thank you for putting so much thought into him. And Amelie. God, I have no words. I just... Top 3 is farther than I ever would've expected. And I loved how you killed her (no matter the sadistic sense of that sentence), and that send-off was well deserved and just AMAZING.

This was one of the most shocking and thought-provoking stories I have ever read with plottwists (Desiree waht) that have shocked me more than Game of Thrones (and that's saying something).

In the end, my biased self was rooting for Amelie but I am glad Erizelda won. I never really liked her but I'm glad she made it. Beautiful ending to a badass story. I am still shocked as to how you managed to finish a SYOT whereas I can barely start one. :

Anyways, amazing. Truly amazing. Your writing is the kind I would spend hours reading at night if you were to publish books. I hope that one day that will be true. :)

Thank you for this amazing piece of work, and I can't wait for your next SYOT. :)

Bravo.

xx cuteypuffgirl
TallTalesInk chapter 33 . 10/27/2013
And so it ends. I was really happy with this epilogue. Zelda's reactions to her victory were very raw and emotional but I could see that grit she has there, chanelling through all the emotions. And then Roman's presence was nice. It was interesting seeing her aftermath with a mentor who clearly isnt all that pleasant.

Oh geez, Franco just killed Desiree, I definitely didnt see that one coming; although, I agree there was no other option for her character. Making Franco do it was just cruel... I liked it.

Zelda's convo with Calico made me smile. It was nice seeing Burton's presence in this chapter, even though he is already dead. For a minute there I thought you might have Calico and Zelda start dating-I think Burton mentioned that Cal had a crush on her for some time during the reaping chapter- but then Franco showed up at the door.

So Franco is taking her away now huh? I like that actually. At first I didnt but rereading it, its growing on me. The closing scene with Cal was so great. The way he waited out there, and then one of his friends- Im assuming that kid was one of Burton's group members- was like 'what are you doing?" And he was just like nothing. It made me feel kind of empty, which fit so perfectly because the house was empty and Zelda was done wih her home. I loved it so much

So over all great ending to a great story. I cant wait to see where you go with Free and Forgotten (Ive already sent my character in and everything) So yeah, great job.
Sophie chapter 32 . 10/25/2013
Congratulations Zelda!

Most tragic death? I think Rowens was really sad and i really liked him and Colleen :(

Expected victor? Idk maybe i thought Amelie or necali would win when the finale got here

Favorite tribute? Burton! He was a really cool dude

Least favorite tribute? Terra.

I'm not completely sure why the flower didn't trigger something, I'm guessing Desiree and Franco were fighting or something
Sandgem chapter 33 . 10/27/2013
Wow didn't expect any of what happened in this chapter that was a surprise a good surprise and RIP Desiree even after the games death still occurs.
TallTalesInk chapter 32 . 10/21/2013
Ah, this chapter was so perfect. I have to say, I didn't expect Zelda to win in the beginning, or even recently. Going into this chapter, I thought it was going to be Necali, honestly. I know that you love the male careers, and he really was an excellent character. He and Zelda were developed so perfectly together, I just assumed he was going to be it. When he died, I wasn't sure what to think, but my first instinct was Amelie. I think it was about half way through her fight with Terra that I knew it was going to be Zelda. My brother interrupted me in the middle of this chapter, and when I looked back down, it just hit me. After all, Zelda is most certainly the one I would have picked out of these three. Because Amelie, while strong, wasn't developed the way Zelda was. We've seen Zelda's vulnerable side, we've seen her lost and grieving and conflicted, and let's face it. She's going to make a great Victor. She's the kind of tribute that the Capitol is just going to eat alive. After all, she definitely played the sexy angle throughout these Games. She's going to have it rough in the Capitol, that's for sure. But as awful as that is, it makes for an interesting story.

As for this chapter, you wrote it brilliantly. The drama over the flower was perfect, and so interesting. I had to read it twice because the first time I bulldozed through it so fast that I missed a lot of the detail. It was twice as good though once I slowed down and caught all of the nuances. The whole concept with the flower and Zelda cutting it as an almost suicide attempt was so perfect. Like really, I can't even express how much I loved it.

As for your questions:
Most tragic death: probably Percy's. Mostly because it was unexpected. I had him pegged to go a lot further, so when he died, it caught me off guard.

Expected victor: I thought it was going to be Percy for a while, and then I thought that maybe you were going to pick Amelie, and then I switched over to Necali, and then at the very end I had that moment where I was just like "Duh, it's Zelda. That's what I would do."

Favorite Tribute: erp this is a rough question. I liked Percy a lot, and Zach. Towards the end, Necali and Zelda both grew on me a lot. And of course, I loved the way you did my tributes :P

Least Favorite: Rose. Enough said there.

Suggestions? Eh, I don't really have any. Your writing has improved miles since the reaping chapters, and I love that you write in third person. I think these kinds of stories are just easier to follow than first person ones. You said you were changing how you did the reapings, so that's definitely a good thing. Doing those 12 reaping chaps a second time in my FtL, burned me out pretty badly. So yeah, I think the only change I would make, you've already mentioned to me that your doing.

And the flower? Would I be mistaken in thinking that a certain Deseriee Hawkings had something to do with it?

Alright, I'm so excited for the epilogue chapter. I love that last glimpse at how the Victors deal with real life again. I think that of all the chapters I have written, Kegan's epilogue was the one I enjoyed doing the most. (I'm loving doing Avanna's epilogue right now too.) So have fun writing yours. And of course, I have Free and Forgotten to look forward to. I'm already brainstorming an idea for a tribute. I'm trying to make someone special.

So yeah, update soon! :)
Sandgem chapter 32 . 10/21/2013
So ends the 52nd annual hunger games. Crying tears of sadness and happiness! Congrats to Zelda who won it was well deserved I'm really sad it ended but I can't wait for the epilogue! Amazing writing by the way and I might just put my name down for your next story :)
mikitty bast chapter 32 . 10/21/2013
*cheers* I'M COMING TO DISTRICT 8, WAIT A SECOND, I JUST NEED TO GRAB MY COAT... ;) In all honesty, I think I realized she was going to win when she teamed up with Cols and her District partner. But I wasn't completely sure just then, later in the chapter of 31, I knew she was going to win. ;) Good job Zelda (I;m going to go re-read the story.) :P I shall make my tribute, reservies are a bit early so I won't say who I will make. Zelda, Relly, and District 10 were my faves. Least? I won't say in fear that the creators will hate my tribute when I make him/her. (Its happens.) I'm uncreative so I have no idea on a idea. I have no idea. Then again, I was pretty sure someone from District 10 was going to win, you were a guy, and people would review even when their tributes died. :P Not very good of a guesser, huh?
Calamity Heart chapter 32 . 10/21/2013
And so ends the 52nd Hunger Games. :) It was an incredible ride with a suspenseful finish, and I'm so happy I had the opportunity to read it!

I was rooting for Terra to the very end, and was amazed by how you made sure that we didn't know who was going to win until LITERALLY the very last line! I'm glad it's Zelda, though. Besides Terra, Zelda was definitely my favorite.

Can't wait to see how the epilogues play out! Amazing job, Jess!
Guest chapter 31 . 10/18/2013
I want necali and Zelda to fall in love. I'm sad burton is dead and i want terra to die already. I think that's all who's left. Amelie necali terra and Zelda. Right?
sophie chapter 31 . 10/11/2013
burton! noooooo!
kaiayoung chapter 31 . 10/12/2013
i think amelie could win, but i want necali too!
kaiayoung chapter 27 . 10/12/2013
aww i thought zach had a real chance of winning! its creeping me out - the voices in the tributes heads :
TallTalesInk chapter 31 . 10/11/2013
Oh great chapter

Zelda: So I really liked this part. It was a continuance of the development that you sort of established last chapter between Zelda and Necali (one of whom I suspect will become victor). Seeing Zelda spill her guts to him, it added another dimension to everything. And of course it means Panem now knows about Zelda's big secret, you know should she win.

Amelie: So this part was more about how the finale was going to play out with the showdown for this black flower. I think I agree with her train of thought though. If its her and three (now two careers) in the finale, I don't see a situation where one of the careers win, probably Necali.

Ares: it was nice that his last civil scene was of him really defying his sisters mold. You made a big deal about how he has listened to a lot of Reagan's advice but in the end when he knew that he needed to thin the competition and the kill was dropped right in front of his nose in the form of a sleeping Terra, he resisted. Shows how he defied the career mold in that small way

Burton: Well it's impressive that he got this far. He was only 14 after all. I did like the way that you killed him. It seemed rather fitting that he finally got his big career kill- in a clever highly Burton way- and them he does because he couldn't swim. It sort of showed that his cleverness and highly prepared planning only got him so far. I know how you feel though about shoving all of a characters story line into the beginning. its hard to keep a character interesting for the entire time. i struggle with keeping characters i need for the end present in the beginning, you seem to have had the opposite problem. I'm very happy with how you wrote Burton though. Definitely y expect to see another tribute for Free and Forgotten, I'll have to think of something special.

Oh and RIP Ares too, although I didn't think he would win. He lacked that depth to him.

That was a nice short wait hopefully you get the next chapter up fast too. I want to know what happens!
kaiayoung chapter 11 . 10/11/2013
not sure but i think amelie could be a reallyy strong competitor :)