Reviews for The Place Where the Black Stars Hang
phyrephly chapter 59 . 4/13/2014
...Ok, then...grisly end for Trevor, at Kal's hand, no less - although, it could very easily be argued Kal only put Steve out of his misery; Hope Kal comes to see things that way... Think Bruce's "normal" mental state quite possibly let him at least keep his head In this crazy place that is Carcosa. But with the addition of Cassilda to the mix, well, I guess all bets are off...;] As this is the penultimate chapter of this epic, it is with a kind of ecstatic melancholy I ask you to update soon please. ;}
VFSNAKE chapter 59 . 4/13/2014
AWESOME! THAT WAS AWESOME! Steve is dead. I'm surprisingly not jumping with joy. Huh. Weird. At least Clark's son is safe...sort of. All is left is to escape and name the child. Maybe Diana and Clark should be spiteful to Hippolyta and name their son Hercules. LOL! Nah! Too weird and mean. How about...Sol-El? Also, what does this mean in terms of the Amazons having a boy in the royal bloodline? What if Clark and Diana have another child and its a girl? Will the Amazons plot a coup against the prince to put the princess on the throne? So many possibilities there. Especially the man hating ones. They would so do that. LOL!
Lior31a chapter 58 . 3/22/2014
Such an interesting chapter! I enjoyed it so much!
Finally I read about Carcosa, which I was curious about for along time. The city remind me the ghost towns of ghost stories and I like that.
Steve Trevor gone completely mad is't he? I wonder if it's still possible to save him.
GSP224 chapter 58 . 3/20/2014
Green lantern? does that mean the league is here? Plus we now know the name of the king in yellow, wonder what his true intentions are.. Like always great chapter, cant wait till you update..
maxiefae chapter 58 . 3/20/2014
I mean it they will win there a power couple after all but can I just say butchers for killing there kids and be done with it
phyrephly chapter 58 . 3/20/2014
I'm having one of those - don't want it to finish, but can't wait to see what happens - moments...Interesting the Kal is no longer seen as a threat to Hippolyta. He touched her, spoke...roughly to her... and even man-handled her a little...progress? ;J
Cajun Strong Man 2 chapter 58 . 3/20/2014
Batman has to realize that he can not talk this down and that both Diana and Clark will come. He might be just buying time.

It would be cool if the one who actually settled this was Zatanna, but I think that Diana will settle it.
Rex Splode chapter 58 . 3/19/2014
Another great chapter! I like how the characters are, their motivations, attitude, how you write them for this story. I just... really... really... want to finish this damn story! lol. not that all of these last few chapters havent had important story arche or events or information, because they have. I just really want to see what the climatic end is going to be to this story. Hell finish this one up and do another about their kid, assuming he lives. I hope he does!
Ceralyn chapter 58 . 3/19/2014
So glad Hippolyta finally confessed to something - she deserves plenty of shame heaped on her. I'm so glad you had Bruce go to save the baby. Even without powers, he always plays an important role so it's good to see that continue in your story. I also liked how he was in full detective mode and put all the pieces together.
Anderfail chapter 58 . 3/19/2014
Sounds like they are really underestimating the DCU people who have cosmics easily capable of fighting on the level of the Outer Gods. Calling the Justice League ants when they have faced numerous universal threats is massively underestimating them. Of course this isn't surprising for a villain, arrogance of that nature always causes them to lose. The Anti-Monitor, Imperiex, Darkseid, etc. all learned that lesson.

Of course in a universe where you have the Spectre, who is the literal wrath of God, Yahweh (the DCU Supreme Being), Michael, Lucifer, and the Endless beings such as the Outer Gods aren't nearly as frightening, especially no when there are equivalents in the DCU along with other beings that are more powerful (Michael and Lucifer from the DCU would obliterate them with a thought).

This is part of the problem with crossovers of this nature. The original intent of the characters and plots gets lost amongst the massive power levels of the beings from a standard comic book universe.

Great story overall though and I'm looking forward to see how you wrap this one up.
VFSNAKE chapter 58 . 3/19/2014
Damn! That's some history lesson. So basically all Diana was led to believe was a lie. She never was one for telling you the entire truth. And she wonders why no one in "Man's World" trusts Diana. HA! Well now she has to pay and so do others. Keep going! TO THE END!
666Peaches101 chapter 56 . 3/13/2014
OMG! Its getting super intense! THEIR HEEEEEEEERE! And I'm back. I hope Batman is alive and where's Carter!? Pickman you disgusting fiend! LOL
Ok I'm going to read the next chapter later. Good night.
Lior31a chapter 57 . 3/8/2014
What an awesome chapter! I have a feeling that even if both Superman and Wonder Woman were at their best, the King in Yellow and Cassilda together were still too much for the power couple to deal with.
I wonder what Batman will find in Carcosa, not that I want any spoilers.

By the way, did Superman attempted to burn the King in Yellow?
Lior31a chapter 56 . 3/8/2014
A reviewer is never late, nor is he early, he review precisely what he means to... at least that is what i'm telling myself when i'm reviewing a chapter weeks after you uploaded it.

I enjoyed while I read the chapter, however I couldn't stop wonder why Carter's life story is recount in this chapter. It was an interesting life story of an interesting character, but it also felt out of place. Carter's life story had felt in place before chapter 28, not now at the end of both the story and possibly the "life" of the character.

I wonder if Superman beat up Pickman only because what it did to his wife and son, or also because it made him feel helpless.
GSP224 chapter 57 . 3/3/2014
Wonder what danger lurks in Carcosa, and what happened to Carter after is fight with Supes?, But like always awesome chapter.. Hope you update soon.
449 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »