Reviews for To Walk in the Light
Pegueng chapter 19 . 6/20
Fantastic, I'll give you virtual standing ovation here. / Slaintë
Pegueng chapter 8 . 6/19
[review] Used the button.

Hahaaa. Hrm. Well. I'd say that you're stretching the plausibility of peoples reaction of Mazzie... Buuut, it's your story, you shape it as you want. Must read on. / Slaintë
Pegueng chapter 5 . 6/19
Mmm, this saga have a good start. I like the twist, even though I think Daeron/Taim is a wee bit to uncurious of his past. I always got the feeling that some of the original forsaken had invaded Taims body and mind, and doing his dirty work. But don't remember ever read about an answer to that. Aanyway, awesome story, I must read on. / Slaintë
rmw5763 chapter 19 . 5/23
Thank You for your thoroughly enjoyable story,I am looking forward to reading more of your day to you Master Wordsmith.
rmw5763 chapter 12 . 5/23
I just read chapter 11,I must say " Very Well Done". Looking forward to seeing how it all play's out.
Dragonerus chapter 19 . 2/23
Very well done story. Depth of character for all of them was spot on. Taim like I saw in some of the other reviews was perfectly portrade. A very well done tale all in all
Hathowda Jun chapter 19 . 2/11
That's damn good, writer. But I just thought that the Dragon would storm into Mazrim's trial and shake the hell out a everyone. But the stroy was far beyond expectations, thank you for such a read. But damn you, I wanted more violence - Asha'man thing, I guess. But Great story, nonetheless.
madcraftermom chapter 19 . 5/30/2015
I stumbled across this gem last night and could hardly put it down. Thanks for a great story!
antithe chapter 19 . 5/28/2015
Great writing, I can't tell you how impressed I am.
Grummel chapter 19 . 5/23/2015
Great and well written story, I've read it almost in one go (would have been one, but I started to late in the evening ;-)

You got the original characters pretty well and Erin blended in perfectly. I tend to say I spotted more oddities in some of the original books than in your story.

The conclusion of the story was very satisfying. I specifically like it how Logain sentence Taim "to live", making it sound like a punishment. Taim would have felt it like one at that moment.

You overlooked a detail regarding Damer Flinn, I think: He lost an entire arm during the Last Battle. When Taim first saw him, he would have noted this for sure about him. Also it would have bothered Taim more, losing sword fights against a man with only one arm.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/7/2015
Really good writing. I've only recently discovered fan fiction and this is the best I've read, good idea at the end!
BTMX chapter 19 . 5/3/2014
Thank you so much for this! It was fantastic! Although you seem downplay your "overuse" of conversation, I found it very engaging. Again thank you for the read!
Topomouse chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Nice story, very well written. I had actually been pretty quick at dismissing Taim as an evil basterd when I read the books, so it's nice to see an alternative viewpoint on him.
Terahlyanwe chapter 19 . 11/15/2013
How very interesting! I quite enjoyed this tale.
annarien chapter 19 . 11/13/2013
First, let me thank you for writing Mazrim Taim and doing it so well. At the end of the whole WoT epic, I think he's probably my most favorite character in the entire series and I wish he had spent more time onscreen before he turned into a generic villain.

I had some doubts about a redemption story, especially one that involved an original female character, but you walked a fine line in this tale and did it well. Not going for the obvious romance (unless the two are meant to eventually walk into the sunset together and live happily ever after) was the right thing. I also loved that Mazrim Taim remained himself through and through. Even at his most cornered, he remained the same wry, sarcastic, full-of-dark humor and pride Mazrim Taim that caught my eye from the multitude of WoT characters. It was very refreshing to see that nothing could cow him or break him out of his habits and demeanor. Well, perhaps being cleansed of the madness and relieved of that burden did change him at the end there, but I do hope he's still perfectly himself after that.

I loved every bit of Mazrim/Logain interaction and if it were up to me, the story would have probably put Taim in Logain's lap from the go. But I can see how that could have made the story tragically shorter. Still, anything with those two in it gets my happy gears moving.

Also, I LOVED Rand's appearances. While a total cop-out by Robert Jordan, it's also a delicious irony that Rand is at large wearing Moridin's pretty face. And to see him from the perspective of someone who mucked up things for Rand AND got tangled with the real Moridin... that was fun. Rand also had the best line in the story, I think. I giggled quite loudly when he told Taim that he could have done less dramatic things to get Rand's attention. I definitely think that if Rand had paid more attention to his Black Tower and been less hateful of Taim (curse you Lwes Therin for all your murderous mutterings at the time), things would have been quite different for our beloved Asha'man.

All in all, great story! I sat up well into the night to read it all in one go and am now bleary eyed at work, but it was more than worth it.