Reviews for The Warlock and the Cowboy
eveninganna chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
I'm here! Reviewing! My birthday!fic! Can you believe it?!

Okay so firstly I must thank you once again for this. Profusely. It was one of the few birthday presents I got and it was a lovely surprise and really meant/means a lot. So thank you!

Things that are awesome in this fic:

- So, firstly, let me just say that both Niccolo and Billy are so absurdly in character that I found myself marveling at certain parts. Like. Hdu even. Seriously holy shit bro A characterization. Their interaction and it's progression was also spot on.

-Billy wikipedia-ing himself is the best thing ever I cried.

-The further analysis of Machiavelli's caution and similar adjectives was perfectly done. Especially with the mention of him being adventurous when he was mortal because anyone who's read any history about Mach will know that, if anything, that is an understatement. He was like a really intelligent frat boy, basically. Just. Ha. (And spoiler alert he had sex with everything, my apologies if you're scandalized.)

- YES BILLY (trying) TO TEACH HIM TO DRIVE. Did I mention that that's all I wanted in a fic? I'm sure I did because then you wrote it for my birthday so well done sir!

-The appearance of Virginia (AKA as the HBIC) was perfection and I like to imagine that all three of them may go on adventures someday. We may wanna talk about this during one of our Critical Thinking/Literary Analysis chats, but did it seem to you like in The Enchantress Virginia mentioned/though of Mach a lot? I don't think I was imagining that. Was that explained? Tell me stuff.

-ALSO MARETHYU OMG JUST PERFECT .

-The image of Black Hawk being green is a very interesting one. As is imagining his quiet rage. Just Billy and Black Hawk in general is good, tbh.

-Billy bemoaning his teeth was a great touch. Very real.

-"That's because everyone's my friend! Well, unless they're trying to kill me." omg Billy stahp

UM THIS FIC OVERALL IS FANTASTIC? Just, perfect characterization and interaction, great screwball-comedy type plot, and overall very well executed. I really do hope you'll write more SINF fic at one point, as there is a distinct lack of it and you are very good at it!
TheMediterraneanRose1536 chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
You should do more :)
JinxKid1 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Oh my gosh, brilliant! Write more of this stuff! Please?
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Loved the driving part so very much.
badgerfang chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I love it, these two don't get very much fanfiction.
Julius chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Billy is so funny
Road Lizard chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Machiavelli was always one of my favorite characters in the series, and the bromance between he and Billy is wonderful.

You've added to that relationship here, and you've done it justice. I can see these two having a day like that.

Of course Machiavelli was going to wreck the T-bird, and the army of rats charging in a furry tidal wave is hilarious.

I just can't picture Machiavelli in jeans and a tee shirt. I'd be like Billy wearing a suit...just wrong. XD

Great little fic. Cute, funny, IC, and well-written as always.

Ro
S chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Best SINF fanfiction ever.
Tzadikim chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
I may be brain dead from midterms being over, and I've haven't read these books in a while, but I like your writing style and you're a damn good person to talk about writing with.

Had to go on the Wikia to remember some stuff, but overall your portrayal of them helped. I'll have to stop by at the library to re-read the books that they were both in. Maybe we should get Musa invested for the sake of the bromances?

Anyway, back to the story, I enjoyed reading the displacement that Machiavelli had with being in the modern day world. I've always found that to be intriguing for characters in that situation. It's fun! Maybe he should get together with Nico and Hazel. That'll be an amusing crossover.

The little things in this was what made me laugh: Wikipedia entires, his driving (much like mines), and the friendship. You always gotta love friendship.

By the way, MARCH?!

Blinky will have your soul.