Reviews for Scared
Guest chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This is awesome! Write more!
gkmoberg1 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Interesting are the cracks that develop for this driven, committed hero of mighty District 2! His focus, his mission, starts to come unglued at the very moment that it should come to fruition Raised and shaped to be their valiant gladiator, he arrives at the moment of his life - Panem's travesty, the Hunger Games pageant - but arriving with a soul that _she_ awakes. And once it is awake he is off course, for she becomes a second focus. And therein arrive the contradictions and fractures. The commitment towards death and victory blear and they become questioned by he who should not be thinking otherwise. And all because of _her_.

Brilliantly written - thank you! - you give us a lot to think about. *applause* Stomping on the [LIKE] button.

Btw, don't hold back on continuing this, should the muse strike - I'd be very interested to see how this develops when applied across his & her time in the arena and as events we all know unfold. How deep will those fissures run? What does it all come to mean to him?
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Poor Cato, Poor Clove. The 'Other' Star Crossed Lovers of the 74th Games.

This was wonderfully written and a fantastic take on this relationship.

I can see why he admires and in a way is fond of Clove. She is highly capable, brave, deadly and a match for him in skill, if not in strength. Together as allies they should have been invincible and gone home together after the rule change.

But sadly Clove's mental instability, bordering on psychosis made her a less 'efficient' killer and her need for attention, her extreme jealousy and hatred of Katniss and her need to 'put on a show' got her killed by mistake, by Thresh who wrongly thought she'd killed Rue.

This left Cato bereft and no longer caring about winning a 'victory'. All he cared about was avenging her death.

In any case, as we know 'victory' is a hollow sham, for most meaning a life of shame and regret and servitude to the vile Capitol regime. For Victors who have the added 'bonus' of being attractive their future is often one of virtual prostitution and probably also acting as agents for President Snow, reporting back on their assigned 'clients'.

Maybe it was a mercy therefore that Clove and Cato were killed and perhaps they may even have been reunited in death and able to express the love they never could in life. Let's hope so.

Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (john).
cindella204 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
You should keep up this daily thing. It'd be like:

Inspiring Character Piece of the Day.

That'd make me happy :D