Reviews for Flower Cards
fiesa chapter 1 . 6/26/2014

I really like your setup, the flower cards and their meaning (though I don't know whether my interpretation of the flowers chosen was correct, but that's probably besides the point) and the depiction of Team InoShikaChou one generation before the one known from the series. I think you really managed to give them character, one that fits them (from all that is known from, again, the original series), they are real, living people in my mind's eye. They have quirks and stupid streaks and a friendship and teamwork so deep it does not die throughout the seasons but strengthens, and it was a joy to read.

Especially your characterizations were what I enjoyed a lot: Shikaku as the calculating and strategizing (but utterly lazy) one, often choosing to observe rather than act too quickly, but ready to die for his friends anytime. Chouza as the calm, warmhearted and realistic guy to ground and balance his team mates, and Inoichi as the dramatic, hot-blooded, sometimes too-loud (princess) one. The interactions between the characters was wonderful to read - you chose the moments perfectly to show all their good and less good sides :)

I'd be hard-pressed to chose a favorite part in here because all were equally enjoyable but the finale was especially funny. Inoichi's daughter likes boys, some years later that sentence could have a comopletely different interpretation :) But generally, interaction between Shikaku and Inoichi was absolutely hilarious. I guess I don't need to cite here, they are everywhere...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful, humorous, enjoyable story!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
I liked it
previo chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This is beyond awesome you depicted Inoichi, Shikaku, and Chouza just so perfectly!
Your style of writing is amazing as well, the story is short but very solid :)
I'm looking forward to your other story :)
shourin chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Awesomnesss! Love love love. Inoichi d drama mama is always welcome!
PenumbraChey chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Very nice. These three deserve all the love writer can give them.
I enjoyed the way you selected your 'snapshots' to come full circle.
leiaah chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
oh my god K. this is pure freaking genius. i am absolutely in LOVE with this. the dads are so precious and lovely and inoichi's thoughts about shikaku not being that good looking to begin with? CLASSIC.

everything about this is just love. especially shikaku's 'philosophical' speech. SHIKAKU SHIPS KIBAINO, good man, GOOD MAN.

on my faves for life and beyond.