Reviews for Naruto: The Secret Songs of the Ninja
kidloco chapter 3 . 10/5
was good hasta that white eye appear and ruin everything

but is good fanfic and continue reading (exept when that white eye appear, i will jump away)
blackhawk68 chapter 10 . 10/3
So, this is amazing. Seriously. I really admire and respect how you've managed to throw in so many curves and twists into the plot and the fact that you've done it very well, with the additive of throwing a major-character OC into the mix and still keeping everyone in character.
That said, I have a gigantic question. Where are the Konoha Council Members, especially Danzo? Did they die in Orochimaru's invasion? Also, if Danzo did die, what happened to Root? Or are we just kind of reading a universe where Danzo wasn't batshit crazy, didn't have a body full of eyes, and never founded Root? Because I can almost buy that more than some form of canon!Danzo dying during the invasion.
Confli chapter 10 . 9/15
I would like to congratulate you. This story is very very well made and is refreshingly different from most of the other stories here on fanfiction. Mainly I like the part where you don't make Naruto some uber godly being as it is in so many other things as you describe them feel quiet realistic in this unrealistic world of Naruto. You have done absurdly well at not sticking to the Kishimotos line of story and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the story. It has seriously lightened the mood of my many, otherwise so boring, night shifts and i would like to thank you for that. Keep up the good work, please.
usaginekohime chapter 10 . 9/8
This story is absolutely amazing! Had MrBright01 not already done it, I would have defininitely recommended this on TvTropes. Update soon if you can!
usaginekohime chapter 3 . 9/7
Just started reading this :) It seems really good! I like Keiji so far; you're doing well with the non-gary-stu-ness.
BakaFireKitsuneSama chapter 10 . 9/7
So I actually found this fic through the TV Trops recommendations page! And this fic is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see the main plot line!
Wyrd42 chapter 10 . 9/7
Dang it, caught up. The fight this chapter was done spectacularly. You didn't rely on any of the common ways this fight could go and has gone in other fics. I like the way the power up of unlimited access to Kyuubi chakra comes with the fatal flaw of completely overwhelming him with the Kyuubi's mind should he use too much. The secondary seal to restrain the Kyuubi was set up nicely, and used well.

However, don't you dare kill off Hinata after bringing her this far. The emotional investment would make her loss especially powerful, true, but I'm far more interested in the warm fuzzies than super angst.

Also, I like that Shukaku was able to kill Negi so easily, as it reflects the simple truth that, of the canon genin who made it to the semifinals, the only person less suited to fighting Shukaku was Hinata. The jyuuken would be completely and utterly useless, and Negi at this point had nothing else to rely on.
Wyrd42 chapter 6 . 9/3
I really enjoyed this mission, the characters involved, the way their different experiences shaped the course of it... it was really well done, quite original, and filled with characters I don't recognize but who could very easily have fit into the original story. I also like that they just missed the Chunin exams, though my opinions on what that means will have to wait until I've read a couple more chapters )
tayish chapter 10 . 8/30
So is this stir going to be a Naru/Hina story? But great story so far!
AnonOne chapter 10 . 8/24
Wow. Been a long time. It took me a while to get back into this story, but it was a great chapter. Epic fight between Naruto and Gaara, though a bit sudden was the Heel-Face turn for Gaara. Oh well, it was like that in canon so I'm not bothered by it at all.

I like the little interaction between Naruto and Hinata. Never seen a kiss being compared to a butterfly, though. It's good you're taking the relationship nice and slow (Well, slow for fanfiction standards. If it were me, almost nothing would be happening until mid to late Part 2. Too many creepy twelve year old romances...) and building it up properly.

Too bad about Team Eight, though. However, I can see the reasoning behind killing or incapacitating a bunch of characters. It makes a good bit of extra room to develop the ones that count.

Reading your note at the end, I honestly didn't mind how Naruto ended or any of the crap that happened over it. I guess it was because the Naruto series was pretty unique to me when I started reading it and was a bit of a trasition from the more simple fantasy stories to the ones much more serious. I can see why you wanted to base your fic off of Part 1 as I do find that part more enjoyable than quite a bit of the Part 2 content.

Well, I hope that professional writing is going well. I really do think you have potential in the area. Don't let the lack of reviews get you down, though hopefully you at least have a stable part-time job or something. Jobs that don't have direct employment can get wonky.
Silently Fleeting chapter 10 . 8/24
Great chapter, it was very enjoyable to read. I think you would be good at writing your own story, the inspiration might be difficult to find though. The gaiden that is 10 chapters is actully really cute and gives a bit of story to the SasuSaku side of things. I do like Naruto and Hinata, but I prefer Naruto and Sakura. The ending relationships didn't make sense from how the story was written in my opinion. Oh well, it happened. Anyway. Keep doing what you love, it will find a way.
MrBright01 chapter 10 . 8/23
A lovely story, I must say, and certainly one to add to my short list of favorites. You have not fallen for the usual pit traps on Naruto fic. No unreasonable power ups, no story stealing OC, no weird and slightly creepy relationships amongst 12 year old kids. And in spite of the grim-dark fate of Konohagakure, you managed to balance the competing tones of hope and suffer quite well. Good job.
SortaCore chapter 10 . 8/23
Arcane, as much as I like your writing style, as someone who talks with a lot of professional writers, I can tell you - writing is a *terrible* way to make a living. The income is inconsistent as all hell, since it's the equivalent of being paid solely by commission. Unless you become the next millions-of-readers hit in a matter of a few months, you will be living off crackers. Books take months of hard focused work to write, sometimes years, and writer's block still hits the professionals... even publishing in ebooks and as many sites and formats as possible, it is *still* this way for everyone I know.
I would seriously recommend picking a different career - or at least, making sure you have enough funds to survive over eighteen months, via publisher funding, donations, or a part-time job.

Even though I'm a writer, software programmer, artist with some other skills, and I consider myself good enough for writing, I wouldn't go completely for it right from the start. Once you have published books that are taking off, then you can step out into full-time. In the meanwhile, don't let some douche not only fire you, but also manipulate you into being unable to get another job. You're cutting your nose off to spite your face with that one, going into some sort of attempt to prove you don't need that job. It's not wise.
But whatever; it's your life and you can risk it the way you want.

As far as canon Naruto, the reincarnation of Indra and co. was the only thing I didn't like. The rest of the story was interesting and believable, even Sasuke being a confused emo douche 24/7.
It kills characters when you say they are actually reincarnations of *other* characters... that the reader hasn't met and has no reason to like. It detaches you from the original character by turning them into an imitation of some unknown.
Also, the repetition and replay of teams got old. One girl who likes cool boy, one cool boy who mocks uncool boy and is talented, and one uncool boy who is untalented, makes up for it with sheer effort, and has a thing for the girl which is only hinted at returning. Sannin, Team 7, Team Minato, etc etc.
euroteres chapter 10 . 8/23
First, I loved the chapter, it was lotsa, lotsa fun to read. Hehehe, Hinata's good luck charm really saved the day there huh? The fight was pretty damn awesome too. Keep up the good work :D

Second, I'm not going to touch a majority of the rant because arguing opinions isn't something I want to dance around, but it's not that Kishimoto never found the time to give Naruto's and Hinata's love story some actual page time/on screen resolution aside from "dey married", but that he's incredibly embarrassed by writing out romantic/intimate moments (I believe there's an interview somewhere where he says he actually covered his eyes during their kiss in the movie). Not only that, he's apparently rather traditional and didn't want them getting together until they were at least 18.

As for Boruto, it's less that he's an irritating little git and more that Naruto used to be around basically ALL THE TIME (plus Naruto and Hinata probably spoiled both of their kids more than a little bit because they didn't want them to have anything remotely resembling the shitty childhoods they had). By chapter 700, all the evidence suggests that Naruto hasn't been Hokage for more than a year or so (which appears to be confirmed based on how in the newly released Hokage Inaugeration One Shot, Boruto and Himawari look roughly the same age as they do in 700) and Boruto isn't happy that his father isn't around as often as he used to be. This means that he reacts about as maturely as you'd expect a 10-12 year old to and begins to act out to get his father's attention.

As for Gaiden...well based on your reaction to the end of the series I'm not sure I'd suggest it. On one end, you really don't like Sasuke, there's some pretty meh (and pointless) 'who's the mommy?' drama, and the villain was pretty meh. On the other hand, Sarada and ChouChou are both really interesting and entertaining characters, so I suppose the choice is on you.
Dracarot chapter 10 . 8/23
Looks like Naruto and Kyuubi are going to be having some tense negotiations soon...

Actually I think your fic was already on tv tropes its how I found it, I'm trying to rmeember if it had a full page or just a brief recommendation but it was their. *Checks Tv tropes* yep it was their alll along, guess you rolled a 1 on your spot check.