Reviews for Don't mention it
Alli chapter 1 . 2/27
Headcanon accepted because yes.
Addicted1 chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Love this. I love the Comrades in Arms relationship between Kate and Esposito, and I love how you demonstrated that there is a certain kindred-ness between them that is unique to their relationship and vital to Kate.

You should feel good about your writing. It's engrossing.
Ashleigh chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Loved it. Thank you. Beautiful writing. Every single time, it's always perfect.
JustAWriterWannaBe chapter 1 . 8/20/2013

Espo makes such a good big-brother. :)
LOSTrocker chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
I liked this. I like the idea of Javi/Kate.
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
So sweet with brotherly Espo having her back, even in a bathroom stall. I love when they have moments (there aren't enough in the show) and how you balanced the depth of concern with lightness "Yeah," Esposito hissed, "I wasn't gonna say anything but you look like hell." So true to character.
Austcastlefan chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
There is so much to love about this piece.
I love how you have explored this possible (non-romantic) relationship between Kate and Espo. We saw it a little last season when he helped her through her PTSD and this really built on that.
I love how she has this support crew in the AU non-Castled-precinct world you've created.
But I also love how he is still somewhat there to soothe her wounds, through his words. That she is still connected to him through his novels.
Beautiful writing xx
Shena1 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
For "not feeling it", this was really good. Can't wait to see what you come up with when you "are" feeling it!

This is exactly how I sensed the camaraderie between the three of them prior to Castle entering their lives, perhaps only a few years after Beckett made Detective and Espo and Ryan had just been brought on to Homicide.

A really nice 'snapshot'. Well done.
Mark C chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
This was a wonderful look at what life was like for Kate and the boys before Castle walked into their lives.

It was normal for Kate to react how she did. I really liked how you had Esposito be their for her since he is former military. You had him say the right things to help Kate.

Once she was back to a relative state of normal, Kate headed home. What made it even more special was that she was going to read one of Richard Castle's books to make her feel better. Then everything will change, for the better, when the man himself enters her life.

Excellent job.
AlwaysJustCastle chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Good one dood!
X suus
lp1983 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Aw, I liked it. I want to see more Kate and Javi, there's a good friendship there that has never been explored tools full extent. He was there before Castle and has protected her in many cases, I just wish we saw more.
morethanamuse chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
(too lazy to login)

oooooooohh this is perfect. i always kind of thought this in the back of my mind, too. beautifully written... you made the scene so real; my insides were in knots for her.

wonderful, wonderful job.

Guest chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
(from Jenny, who is - as normal - too lazy to log into )

This is amazing Em. There is literally NOBODY who can write an "Out of Gas" style story as well as you, and even if you didn't love it, I did.

Me And My Luck chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This is one of the first Castle fics I have read thus far and REALLY liked.
We don't see as much of Beckett and Espo's relationship, so things like this are nice.
Great job!