Reviews for Lady in Red
Mama's Stories chapter 8 . 3/21
That's so strange when you remember something from the past.
Mama's Stories chapter 7 . 3/21
Do they ever figure it out?
Mama's Stories chapter 5 . 3/21
Would love to see them as young people.
Mama's Stories chapter 3 . 3/21
Has she remembered?
Mama's Stories chapter 2 . 3/21
Don't wait Carol, jump his bones!
Blue Moons and Pink Suns chapter 9 . 11/19/2013
Found your story in the Caryl fic archive on Tumblr (slowly working my way through it) and am I glad I did! I usually can't stand to read fics where Carol and Daryl had known each other in their past life; it always seemed much too far fetched to me. However, I really enjoyed the flashback. Truly, honestly enjoyed seeing a past Carol, an echo of her new self. Very, very believable!
Another thing I loved was your writing style. Very articulate, clear, and grammar that made me squeal a little! I only have one very small critique, but honestly your writing is amazing. I would say, though, to beware of repeating phrases. I don't know if you were perhaps repeating very specific descriptions ("rasped against his stubble") to add to the déjà vu effect, and if so I commend your foresight! But if not, just be aware as it gets to be a little repetitive. :)
But overall, I loved this fic! I get very excited when I find a smut-less Caryl fic, or one that doesn't leave me clearing my history. Well done and I hope to read more!
TheRealSonia chapter 9 . 11/13/2013
OMG! You have to write a sequel to this story! You just have to! Pleeeease! Pretty please! That was so perfect. And I love that they both laugh at the end. It's a moment that I would kill to see on the show. For them to share a genuine laugh. Thank you for writing this story. Please write a sequel!
TheRealSonia chapter 6 . 11/13/2013
Girl! You're killing me!
TheRealSonia chapter 3 . 11/13/2013
Ooooh! Did she sleep with Daryl back then? Can't wait to find out!
TheRealSonia chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
I've told you before, I'm telling you again, you have a gift for prose.
elegant.quill1 chapter 7 . 10/5/2013
Greetings! Just wanted to say that I really, thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish. I'd read a few other fics that featured the "what-if" scenario of Daryl/Carol meeting before the apocalypse, but to be honest I never really got into the idea. It takes a particular kind of talent to make the scenario even plausible to me (or perhaps I'm just picky). Either way, the way in which you have captured that essence here is nothing short of brilliant, and I found myself falling for this tale before I was even aware that my own bias criticism was melting away. In particular, I LOVE the imagery you have set forth, from the musty air surrounding the dim-lit bar, to Daryl sharpening his knife beside Carol (I love that he silently seeks her out and nothing really needs to be said between them), and finally how you oh-so-subtly interweave Carol remembering throughout the first couple chapters. In the flashbacks themselves, I love the interactions (especially the dancing - can anyone say hot? Sheesh!) and that final AHA moment when she calls Ed because Daryl leaves...gosh that part threw me out of left field in the most excellent way - a GREAT addition to add that in, if I may say so. Your writing tone is fabulous, wonderful, and well thought out. I really enjoyed this tale. Thanks for sharing with all of us! :)
Emily Vine chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
I think I'm in love with all your stories. It's so rare to find fics on here that are as well written as yours. Kudos to you!
Megiddo1974 chapter 9 . 8/7/2013
I really really REALLY want another chapter of this. I am going to haunt your stories. Quality stuff, it is.
trinitee64 chapter 9 . 7/13/2013
very nice
Jodie chapter 9 . 5/30/2013
This was so beautiful! I can't even express how amazing it was to read this, it made me want to cry. To think about if Carol had only took Daryl up on his offer.. it's so frustrating, even though I know this is only fiction :D You're an amazing writer, please write more Caryl stories with a bit more smut ;D