Reviews for Albus Potter and the Sandblood Rising
hpandcarbs chapter 19 . 8/12
Really enjoyed this story, just like the other two!
Still not a big Janelle fan so I'm interested to see how that goes.
Loved that scene with Louis! You kept hinting at it but I still couldn't be sure.
Looking forward to hopefully more Teddy, James, and other Weasleys in the future books!
Taylor chapter 13 . 8/11
How much are we assuming that Harry and Ginny have told the kids about the past? From what I remember, Albus knows about the horcruxes. So shouldn't he know that the reason Harry killed the snake was because a piece of Voldemort's soul was trying to kill Ginny? I'm sure there's a future significance here as you don't seem to do anything in these stories without thinking but it bothers me. I'd be much more freaked out if I were Albus and if I were Ginny and learned he'd been down there I'd probably lose it. Very curious to see how it comes into play later on!

(PS- sorry I keep leaving "guest" reviews but I don't like signing in on mobile and I'm scared I'll forget to add them later. I know this story's been published for a while so I definitely don't expect a speedy response by any means.)
Can I just say how much I love Ginny's comments to James? They're golden.
OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL I AM SO GLAD THAT I'M READING THIS AFTER THE REST OF THE STORY HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED I CANNOT TAKE THIS SUSPENSE
I LOVE this chapter! Leaving Holly behind is such a Harry thing to do. And the midnight duel that the Potter shows up for but not his opponent? I'm getting nostalgic.
shiiki chapter 18 . 8/10
I'm glad the mission worked out for Albus! It certainly was a cool little bit of action to build this story up to, though it came in suddenly. I like how you're winding this down after a climactic adventure, bringing a nice settled end to this book while still giving the promise of more within the realm of the whole series.
shiiki chapter 17 . 8/10
Albus just combines blundering with spectacular wit so seamlessly doesn't he! But that's the mark of a good fighter I guess, the ability to spontaneously react to unexpected circumstances, and think of your feet. And he'll never get that training if he always follows the plan. I like that you showed the danger of having a 13 year old on a mission, especially s headstrong Potter kid!
I just reviewed but that Ginny/Harry conversation was so on point.
Haven't even read the whole chapter yet but DAMN PERCY GET IT DONE BOO
shiiki chapter 16 . 8/9
I'm torn between scepticism that the Auror department-and Harry in particular-would enlist Albus in a serious mission, and excitement about the potential adventure and great story it makes. Admittedly you give a good shot at explaining why Albus is considered an option, with the security systems that are set up around the Sandblood bass. The reasoning about needing underage wizards that have been to the base before is logical and makes enough sense for the Aurors to consider it, though I'm still not completely sold on Harry agreeing, given his protectiveness about his family. Between Albus and James, though, the choice of Albus is believable.

And it is an exciting adventure for sure!
shiiki chapter 15 . 8/9
Really innovative explanation of the wandlore! I enjoyed delving into it-I don't know about the meditation and massage, but I did like Luna's explanation about the wands' sentience. They always did seem to have some life to them.

I like the gradual respect Albus and Lucas are gaining for each other-simply from being able to consider each other's perspectives and thus being more open about it.

And of course, such a relief and joy to see Albus finally get his magic back. Just in time, too, it seems!
shiiki chapter 14 . 8/9
I like Albus's maturation here with regards to Lucas-his thoughts about his own behaviour, and the realisation that it takes two hands to clap. I do wonder as well if James perhaps went through the same process off screen, as he went from jovially bullying Albus to settling into more of a big brother role as a support for his siblings.

And then of course, Albus shows that despite the bit of growing up he might have done, he still is 13 (or 14?) and gets irrationally mad at his parents and follows it up with that illogical an eye for an eye reasoning to pay his father back. Though I guess it's more like 'a spy for a spy' in this case.
shiiki chapter 13 . 8/9
Oh Albus, you're really being an ass this time with the diary. I can kinda see why though, with his being in such a mood after the Second Task, and his intense jealousy of Lucas, and he's thirteen, so yeah, prime age for stupidity.

It's interesting that you have the tasks set up for the champions to really be up against each other, rather than fighting an external element. There's no hard and fast rule that it has to be, of course, just because the GoF tournament dictated that, it's the first time I've seen it done this way, though!
shiiki chapter 12 . 8/9
Ohhhh Auchland, UGH, that character inspires Umbridge-level hate in me. I know you've compared him to Fudge, but the way he attempts to throw his weight around and bully others puts me in mind of Umbridge instead.

And then Boggart lesson. I think Wilcox's entry into the class could be a bit smoother, but it was a good place to throw in his Boggart.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 19 . 8/8
Ludo, thank you. Thank you, a lot. Goblins are probably being too greedy, trying to collect more than you can pay, so you would rather pass on the money to where they cannot reach them.
Use both wands at the same time. Do not make it one-or-the-other.
Lucas-Demiguise?
People are so thick sometimes. Albus does have problem with magic.
I hope that Lucas's bragging will pay off somehow. Well, he is not-good at wandless magic... But I would like to see how sheltered kids, Lucas and Lily, will meet the challenge of real life.
Will Scorpius help Albus with mind-block-magic problem?
Potions? Nice!
Did Lucas think that Albus was the one who did not come? I would think that both Albus and Lucas were honourable-stupid Gryffindors, but Albus was sneaky enough to be not caught.
Glad to see Albus-Lucas apology-draw. Hopefully, Squib-Mask will not be here.
Holly was too cheerful and talkative, and Albus did not actually talk much with her.
Theela... You do not like traffic jams, well, I do not like cars. No sport, no health, no stealth. Bicycles are better! And no need to show off magic, though water-repelling could be useful.
Theela... How do you use such elemental magic, at this scale?
Tacit... Neat. Glad to see earth-swallowed Muggles are alive.
Avada... Maybe, MM-controlled wizard did not power it enough? Unforgiveables have to be meant.
Louis, Durmstrang Champion... I did think it was a gay matter!
Holly is a liar, I am sure. Janelle is not just for tournament... Right?
Sahil is miracle-maker.
Coyote, thank you!
Coral...
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.